Why do you buy Apple products?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Netherr, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    This thread was inspired by Soso's thread which can be found here
    https://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/apple-or-android.130267/

For those who currently use, or plan on buying an Apple product, why do you do so? What is your number one driving factor to making you want to use an Apple product?

For me, it's mainly because of the branding, and the fact that a lot of people desire it. It's the "clout", the "in" thing.

Alperen_, aund, samm and 5 others like this.
  2. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    Ehh I feel like you're right about the whole clout thing. Obviously whatever is in will have more influence and attention.

But I also think it's what is new. Their marketing is absolutely astounding.. that's why you don't hear much about Androids on the media (especially here in the US), you just hear lots and lots about Apple. There's also Apple TV now, and Apple Music, which just expands the brand a lot more too.

The sleek and aesthetically pleasing build for pretty much all of their products is also a rlly big deciding factor.

I think for me I really enjoy the quality of their products. They've lasted me the longest compared to any Android phone or Windows laptop I've ever owned.

hamnah, retirednow and Netherr like this.
  3. Netherr

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    This right here.

I don't know if I'm just garbage in taking care of non-Apple products or what, but for some reason Apple products never give up on me. I have an iPad Air 2 from 2015, which I still have not bothered upgrading, because I want to see how long it can survive the beating until it finally gives up on me. It's survived multiple falls, has gotten water inside of it, etc. yet it pretty much acts the same. Only issue is an old battery, that's literally it.

safoya299 likes this.
  4. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I don't get you people who use tools for clout. Why not use your money and get an actual better product? Who cares about how the phone looks...

Feels like you guys are falling right into the trap that companies set you instead of being a thoughtful consumer. If you like their software and you wanna pay for that, sure. But aesthetics? Clout?... Bad habits in my opinion.

retirednow, Trevor, dinoceros and 4 others like this.
  5. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

how clout chasers think people react to when they walk in with their overly expensive shit

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Eco, StreakyOrange and ItsJerry like this.
  6. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

With two iPhones and an iPad... I have no idea, I’ve been thinking of switching to Samsung when my phone contract expires because (my opinion) Apple isn’t really that good with Data/WiFi and it’s literally impossible to connect anywhere else. I had issues with connecting with data back in Scotland for my holiday and it was just really annoying. I’m not sure if Samsung has the same issue but I know it’s a lot better than Apple products.

retirednow likes this.
  7. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    I think the iPhone is a genuinely good product. It preforms well and I’ve always liked ios over Android.

Their non-ios products are terrible tho

Alperen_ and samm like this.
  8. Netherr

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    I have a lot of other reasons for purchasing Apple products of course. It's just that for my case, looks and popularity play a huge role in my purchasing decision. It's not necessarily a good reason, but it's really something that entices me into purchasing their products.

I guess I'll add more reasons explaining why I prefer to use Apple products in general.

So, I've had numerous experiences with Android devices, with the last one I used being a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I had a lot of issues with that phone. For the first few months, it was great. However, not too long after, I got quite bored with it. Even though I have the option to change like the themes and customize the phone, it really didn't appeal to me. I never liked how Android OS worked. On the other hand, iOS is both simple to use, and it looks elegant. I have never found myself wanting to import or implement Android OS onto my iPhone.

I specifically remember a time before when I was using Android phones and whenever I would browse the forums and want to post a photo, I'd dread doing so. Uploading a photo was a hassle. I'd have to navigate through folders just to look for a certain photo. When I started using an iPhone, I was honestly amazed with how simple and fast it was to upload photos.

Continuing with the topic of operating softwares, Apple devices surprisingly last a long time in terms of receiving updates. The iPhone 6S, a product from 2015, can still run the latest iOS update. The iPad Air 2, a product from 2014, can run the latest iPadOS update. Despite being relatively old products running the latest softwares, the experience of using these products isn't bad at all. Rarely will you encounter problems.

When it comes to school or work-related projects, I also find myself preferring to use a Macbook rather than a Windows laptop. I find that applications which Apple has to offer in comparison to their Microsoft/Windows counterparts to be much simpler to use. Aside from that, they get the job done pretty well too.

Lastly, I like the Apple ecosystem in general. I like how things sync easily in general. Only exception to this is iCloud Storage which is absolute garbage in my opinion.

hamnah, safoya299 and Rob like this.
  9. samloop123

samloop123 . Donator

Minecraft:
    SamLoop
    uhhhh

Camera (in other apps like snapchat/tiktok)
    Software is more user friendly
    iMessage
    emojis
    facetime
    apps are more optimized
    doesnt feel like shit

10. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    i dont have a choice LOL

i've had my imac for literally like 6 years and i can't afford to get a better one LUL

11. ErdemTekinn

ErdemTekinn

Minecraft:
    ErdemTekinn
    I like Apple devices because they remain usable for so long. For example the last pc laptop I bought was a Voodoo for over $3k, that I tossed into the dumpster after less than 15 months, but I’m still using my 2010 MacBook Pro as it still looks and performs as it did when I bought it. And that’ll improve when I (finally) give it an SSD later this year. I still use my 80gb iPod Classic, I’ll continue using my iPhone 6s Plus for at least a few more years. They all cost a little more than the cheap alternatives, but save me considerable cash over time.

12. grotesque

grotesque aw hell no Donator

i wanted to switch to a samsung note for a while but upgrading to a newer phone from them and reselling them my old phone is cheaper for me
    also because i have 256 gb on my phone and now i cant fucking get a new one it's been 3 years i doomed myself
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    Why do I feel like I started a war._.

14. Trevor

Trevor Donator

this war has been going on since Apple was founded.

15. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I wanna add that whenever I had android phones the battery in them would always inflate and become a big weird thing and then the phone would eventually give up on me. They never lasted me long enough for me to consider them a great product. I also think their battery life is ass compared to the iPhone, but I hear otherwise so maybe I just had a shitty android.

16. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

this, you must be a really fuckin boring person if you need an iphone (or physical possessions of any kind) to draw attention to yourself
    you're not a better person if you have an iphone Lol it should def not be the only reason you get the phone

either way i don't get apple products because it's not compatible with shit, it feels clumsy to use and it's way too expensive for what it is. i feel like i can get something that is much better and more practical to use (and that will probably even last longer) than apple for the same price

retirednow and Trevor like this.
  17. aund

aund aund / wthf Donator

Minecraft:
    wthf
    i prefer the ui and emojis that’s literally it

18. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Why? Because people bought up all of the toilet paper.

Netherr likes this.
  19. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    The only Apple device that I have is a Macbook. Basically for me, it boiled down to a few things.
    1. Build quality. Even expensive Windows laptops tend to be really plasticky. I prefer to have something that's a lot more solid and can take a few bumps occasionally.
    2. Performance and battery life. When I was buying a laptop, I was either buying a new Windows laptop, or a older Macbook, and for the same price as the MB I would get worse battery life and worse performance.
    3. Longevity. Macbooks are pretty unique in that they actually last a long time, whereas all of the Windows laptops I've had tend to become unbearably slow after a few years. So either I could buy a ~$800 MB Pro from 2015, take a risk with a Windows laptop or spend a lot more for a new one or a good quality second hand one.
    4. Software. Windows is terrible on mobile devices imo. It seems to slowly start getting less performant over time (I've had this happen on cheap laptops, as well as expensive gaming laptops). macOS is way more polished, doesn't slow down, and offers just as much latitude for customisation and tinkering (plus its Unix based, so that's a bonus). Plus it doesn't come with any bloatware.

Alperen_ likes this.
  20. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    1. hasn't been the case for years now. just look at the new Dell XPS for example, looks better than the Macbook Pro 16" at a fraction of the price
    2. macbook better performance than windows at the same price? that's just objectively wrong. everyone knows you pay a premium for the apple branding. if you're purely comparing specs, windows laptops are much cheaper
    3. not if you take care of it correctly
    4. agreed, can't beat apple when it comes to software. windows 10 is buggy and bloated