what languages do you speak and what languages are you learning/would you like to learn

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by dinoceros, Mar 29, 2020.

1. madz

madz pc big broke Donator

Minecraft:
    Madzey
    I'm fluent in English and am currently learning ASL

2. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

Wow

ItsJerry likes this.
  3. AnaMontana

AnaMontana

Minecraft:
    froooot
    i speak English and French, although I'm not too good at the later. Being a former weeb, I know a good share and am still learning Japanese and Korean. I think it'd be awesome to also master Spanish and maybe German as well.

sool likes this.
  4. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    I'm fluent in Dutch and English and I speak a few words of German and Arabic. Would love to learn German, though. Sadly only had 1 year of it in school so if I wanna learn it, I have to ask my German friends @BrakeCrake and @n00bhouse

n00bhouse, BrakeCrake and sool like this.
  5. OfficerDeadly

OfficerDeadly Donator

Minecraft:
    OfficerDeadly
    English, from school... learned and worked on it somehow. I'd like to think I am able to speak well.
    Turkish, native language.
    German, only a bit. I'd say I can understand a fluent german speaker but I feel like that's an overestimation of my ability.

6. 00000000000

00000000000 Donator

My primary language is gibberish. ;)

sool likes this.
  7. imvula

imvula Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    imvula
    same i want to learn russian too
    i can speak turkish and english also a little bit of german xd

dinoceros likes this.
  8. House

House Supreme Donator

Minecraft:
    HouseX
    I can speak Italian, English and French very fluently. Then my mother tongue is Bulgarian, and I can completely understand it and (slowly) read it, but my talking is depleted since I do not use it as much anymore, even though I can definitely have a conversation in it. I did German in high school and can hold a basic conversation. For a language I'd like to learn it's more one that I would like to take up again, which is Simplified Chinese. I did six years of extracurricular courses of it, but I would say for about 5 of those I was distracted and kept coming to lesson hungover...

Btw didn't know so many people on J and H were French speakers :D

dinoceros and 00000000000 like this.
  9. IceCuddly

IceCuddly

Minecraft:
    IceCuddly
    My mum was greek and my dad scotish. I'd to learn greek fully i know some but enough to hold a decent convo i can maybe manage . And maybe manderin as it is very pretty

10. Yupac

Yupac Moderator Lite Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Yupac, 7upac and RIPDMX
    I can speak Turkish because my family is from Turkey, I can speak Norwegian because I live in Norway and I can speak English because I learn it in school. I can talk bit Swedish because it's similar to Norwegian. And I want to learn Spanish because I like Spanish music and I like Spains culture.

bor4 likes this.