What country do you guys wish to live in?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by xKofteliEkmek, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Ancienty

Ancienty Donator

Minecraft:
    Ancienty
    England would be nice tbh, or someplace else that has a better economy than turkey, like venezuela *facepalm*

keremalguul and Yupac like this.
  2. keremalguul

keremalguul Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    sezg
    Italy, Spain, or Norway.
    Italy for its culture and places,
    Spain for its language and um *boys*,
    Norway for its nature and calmness (that's what I love)

xKofteliEkmek likes this.
  3. xKofteliEkmek

xKofteliEkmek Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    xKofteliEkmek
    I'm gonna move to Spain in 2 years.

Nvlan likes this.
  4. keremalguul

keremalguul Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    sezg
    lucky u

5. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

netherlands, germany or iceland
    perhaps s. korea or japan if i'm anywhere besides tokyo or seoul

keremalguul, xKofteliEkmek and samm like this.
  6. xKofteliEkmek

Minecraft:
    xKofteliEkmek
    Why?

7. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

A bit too much for my liking. I'd rather live in the suburbs of those countries, or somewhere like Kyoto

8. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I’d love to return to my home state of Colorado, but the country it is in unfortunately tends to make decisions that make me feel that my safety is at risk.
    Otherwise, I would love to spend a few years in Madrid or London.
    note; I’ve seen people talking about boys in Spain. The personality isn’t pretty, that’s all I have to say.

9. loafyyyyyy

loafyyyyyy

Canada or Japan.

10. xKofteliEkmek

Minecraft:
    xKofteliEkmek
  11. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    I'm content where I am. I would love to travel to Sweden, The UK, Poland and Japan.

xKofteliEkmek, Yupac and samm like this.
  12. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

no you dont wanna live in canada

samm likes this.
  13. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    don't listen to this guy

canada is fine, just don't don't to Quebec or any of the territories! if you live in a territory you'll find yourself paying $25 for a jug of orange juice

ItsJerry, Username, Yupac and 2 others like this.
  14. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    why canada bad but you like netherlands

samm likes this.
  15. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

thats not true i am speaking of english canada, i fucking love living in quebec
    english canada is:
    • snow
    • nothing
    • a lot of racist people
    • boring
    toronto and vancouver are admittedly pretty cool tho
    brooo netherlands fucking amazing you guys have gouda and weed and shrooms and a cool language and very nice people and beautiful villages. out of all of these things canada only has weed LOL

16. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    Quebec is known as the most racist place in Canada... you good???

ItsJerry and Username like this.
  17. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    ok man, just saying the grass is greener on the other side, and it's definitely true cause as a dutch i find usa/canada way more exciting than little old netherlands

gouda: it's just cheese
    weed: legal in canada
    shrooms: not many people do it, seems like bad reason to like a country unless you're some drug addict
    cool language: very subjective. i think it sounds ugly with the throat sounds especially in the north. most people's speech is 10% english mixed in now
    nice people: yes they are nice but isn't canada kinda known as country with nicest people lol

based on rest of your post you say canada is "snow, nothing, racist people, boring". well that's almost exactly how i would describe most of northern europe. it rains half the time, no sunshine just clouds except 1/2 months in summer. the land is completely flat, the cities are all very small & old, basically villages. there are plenty of racists here too, and canada is literally one of the most diverse countries on earth. i find it pretty boring, there is nothing to do, food is bad, weather sucks, nature is completely flat, we are culturally irrelevant on world stage except some DJs, just small town vibe/attitudes.

just my opinion. people may disagree. some may like it. it is comfortable and safe tho, just not "exciting". boring in a "good" way

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  18. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

how is quebec separatism racist lol? doesnt have anything to do with racism. most of the arguments for separating from canada are based on economics, not just cultural

yes i am completely against bill 21 (just like i hate the CAQ) similarly to a lot of quebecois (including a ton of separatist people). while it passed it is not applicated at all and highly debated in court.

i should maybe have been more precise about this shit cuz yes there's admittedly a lot of racism in Quebec, and it is often associated to the separatist movement (it is not AT ALL what the separatist movement is about -- but that's another debate

however, from my "montrealocentrist" point of view, if you stay in the metropolis or big cities of the province (longueuil, laval, quebec city not as much but still), racism really is not as present here. ANYWHERE in the damn world if you get out of the big cities it'll get bad. not all quebeckers are like maxime bernier or believe in the CAQ party philosophy, just like all canadians are not similar to scheer !

however, you completely ignoring the point of racism being present in canada (which is objectively a massive problem, especially with first nations) and just pushing this back on my french-canadian identity to nitpick issues that represent a minority of the quebecois people, somewhat proves why i don't like nor associate to canada LOL. there's racism here, sure, but we're not necessarily "worse" than western canada!
    wasn't meant to be anything objective, nor is this a strong opinion. i just loved the NL when i visited lol. great atmosphere, great people, great food, great country!

Username likes this.