Well, here goes... Bias?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic / Spam / Memes' started by Xad, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Xad

Xad ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, then, here goes nothing.

I would like to note in advance... THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINING THREAD. I have no problems with the server and forums. The server seems lively, maybe not at the 2000 people it once had, but still fun to be on. The forums is welcoming, a better environment since the deletion of post count. All in all, things are going well.
    Well... There is one thing.
    Peoples, this isn't really a complaint, only an objection. And if you don't agree with me then oh well. I also want to note that although it may not seem like it, I have no problem with the people I'm describing. You'll see what I mean soon.
    Anyway.
    Over a week ago new helpers were chosen. And I was interested in what would happen, of course.
    First, Lila. No surprise, I had no problem with her. I thought she would be a good helper and still do believe that she is one.
    Next was Blue, who I didn't have as much of a problem with either. And according to a certain mod she's been doing an excellent job. Another good choice in that sense.
    The next three choices kind of came as a shock and helped me to realize something.
    Look, everyone has kind of learned by now how the helpers are chosen. It's not secret. The mods recommend people, then everyone votes. After the vote is done the owners might check up on people a bit and that's it.
    Now, I have little problem with the owners. And honestly, the system isn't that bad. Except for one little thing... That the moderators are choosing their friends instead of people more suited to the position.
    I'm not calling everyone here out. And honestly it's not the Helper's faults either, so Helpers, don't get mad at this. I'm not blaming you for anything.
    Let's look at, I don't know, Cram. His application was... Okay? It wasn't as much in detail as many of the top applications are. It was... Meh. That's really it.
    He's friends with like three of the moderators and it's also no secret about some of the people who got recommended.
    Caity's application wasn't bad either. Yeah, might be a little young, but it's wasn't bad at all.
    Yet why do I hear that at least two of the moderators are friends with her? And that I hear rumors from the other players that both of those mods recommended her. Honestly, the choice seems slightly one sided, no?
    And now Zezze, someone who had a long application. Yeah, he's not that bad, but the application wasn't the best one there compared to others, either. Long, but aren't most like that? And like he has four friends who are mods, give or take. Can't you see where I'm coming from?
    And suddenly he is accepted.
    Guess what? I talk actively with the other members of the community. They all agree that this is a problem. They want to help end this. I mean, heck, I think Blue is a good helper, but I think there was bias in the decision of her as well. The only decision with no bias was Lila, who is only friends with one of the mods, really. She won it based on merit (and maybe Blue did too, but I can't confirm it).
    Did anyone see Edge's application? It was honestly excellent. Or how about rockor's? It was great too. These applications were long and detailed, and from good members that I don't understand why they weren't selected too. Some of these people deserve it.
    Well, yeah, you might be thinking "well the mods don't know too many people and they can only judge from people they know" and that's not true.
    It is my belief and the belief of much of the community (including some of the staff as well) that the moderator decision process is biased.
    So how about this for a modest proposal. Because it is only fair.
    I feel that either the moderators should start making wholly unbiased choices and only choose for the server's sake and the server's sake alone... Or should just leave the decision to Jerry and Harry, like with what happened with helpers a year ago.
    If I am wrong, which I do not believe to be the case, but nevertheless if I am, then enlighten me on how so.
    This is only my (and the community's) opinion. Please don't get offended.
    Thank you

ItsHarry, dinoceros, Magical and 6 others like this.
  2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    [​IMG]

Magical and Username like this.
  3. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    You forgot to bring up anratork59. Seriously no idea why they would take that guy other than bias. Smh...

Magical and Username like this.
  4. samloop123

samloop123 . Donator

Minecraft:
    SamLoop
    its easier to hire a friend instead of someone you don't know

5. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

who fucking cares its just a rank, anybody can still help the server if you report people without the rank

6. Magical

Magical . Donator

It probably is biased because this is about a game and (I’m not up to date on the demographic but) I guess a lot of the people that are staff or those that play on the server are kids.

I was mod at like 14 and I was laughing at farts. Didn’t have to vote on new people…I don’t think we did…

anyways if the permissions for helper aren’t that different to what I remember, being one isn’t that big of a deal. So it may make sense for Jerry and Harry to delegate on that decision a bit.

hi by the way :)

7. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

is this a fucking flare pikachu thread

8. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
  9. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee