Upcoming Survival "Reset"

Discussion in 'News' started by ItsHarry, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    Will you still be able to buy stuff from the store for the old survival world?

You seem to not understand that the old survival is not going anywhere. You will still keep everything in old survival, which will still be 95% functional as a server (minus creating new factions & auto-disbanding old ones). If you want to dominate 2 servers at the same time, you pay twice as much as if you wanted to dominate 1 server. It's simple math.

2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    What are you talking about "losing everything"???

We are LITERALLY KEEPING THE OLD SERVER, due to high number of complaints from "survival veterans", you being one of them.

How is "our spawners, our power, our bal, our fac" becoming useless when the server remains completely untouched?

You were one of the players who had a problem when the reset was announced, practically begging not to reset because all your stuff would be lost.

It's either going to be two worlds and you keep your stuff, or we just remove the old server entirely like we've always done. You're not getting both.

Would you rather we just reset it like we've done for the 5 years this server has been around??? We've done plenty of resets in the past.

The majority of players want new shit. A minority of survival veterans want old shit. We please both sides, so what's the problem???

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  3. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    May I suggest having the old world being made into an artifact that you can view only in spectator mode? Having thought about it, I'd actually prefer a full-on hard reset, but having the ability to revisit the old world and observe the server's history would be fun.

4. Contemptible

Contemptible | Former Mοd | Donator

Minecraft:
    --
    That's a waste of space for the server if it's only to see a half destroyed world and no forward progress.

Sir_Tealsworth and mlg_Mikasa like this.
  5. ItsJerry

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    Nah, that's just a waste of server. A download would suffice

6. Contemptible

Minecraft:
    --
    (Merge this I'm on mobile)

You cannot please everyone without someone having a new opinion.

People, be glad that Jerry and Harry are generous enough to save the old server and allow us to enjoy what we've built up. Move on, it's just a game. I bought spammers, am I upset I lost that money? Sure. Would I like them back? Absolutely. But why get them back when they're not going anywhere? That's a loss of money for the community, only because people want what they paid for when it's part of a COMPLETELY different part of the server. We can't expect perfection from them, so why act like it? Be happy.

Pianobonds and PhantomStar like this.
  7. Hurricane2001

Hurricane2001 4 year server Veteran Donator

the problem is there will be nothing else to really do on survival 1 saying no newbies can join so I cant recruit,not much ppl will be playing on there so I cant spend my 52mil much aka I can use my spawners for $$$$ but I cant really spend it because everyone will be on survival 2 so my spawners aren't really worth anything now so I lose my spawners and power in survival 2,like I asked @ItsHarry if it has to be the worst way I think well the worst way I'm thinking is making a deal with u like demoting my herobrine rank or something for like 2 to 3 squares to bring with me to survival 2 because rn IM BROKE and I don't have a job

I'm sorry if ive sounded mean I'm just not happy about this

8. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    We have decided we will not be implementing these two restrictions:
    • Only players that played on the old survival world before the reset will be able to access the old world. This will prevent new players from going to the old world instead of the new world.
    • It will no longer be possible to create new Factions in the old world. Only Factions existing at the time of the reset will remain.
    Unfortunately we increase the risk of splitting up the survival community, but we understand people's complaints, so this is a compromise we will have to make.

9. ItsJerry

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    You happy now?

ZeusV and Smg like this.
  10. Hurricane2001

so what now about the spawners we bought and the power what happens to that

11. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    "We're resetting the outdated survival world to make a new one"
    *People complain*
    "Also we're keeping the old world up so you guys who had factions and builds and spawners can still access them"
    *People still complain*
    What do you guys want?

12. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Completely nothing

YFIOTR, tence3000 and ItsJerry like this.
  13. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Twage
    It seems we want to have a new server, keep the old one fully functional, and have all of our purchased perks on both servers. This makes no sense though, as that's basically asking that we receive twice what we paid for.

ItsJerry, Smg, ItsHarry and 1 other person like this.
  14. Pianobonds

Pianobonds

Minecraft:
    Pianobonds
    this is why we can't move forward because you people keeps complaining about stuff

John_0696 likes this.
  15. Contemptible

Minecraft:
    --
    That's why nothing is transferred..

She could care less man.

Pianobonds and TwageTomato like this.
  16. mlg_Mikasa

mlg_Mikasa President of the Brotherhood of Steel Donator

Minecraft:
    mlg_Mikasa
    This will work, for me anyway.

VoidedMortal likes this.
  17. Hurricane2001

@ItsJerry
    @ItsHarry
    that's what I like to see I wont make anymore complaints because that's what I wanted. I wanted to go on minigames and see Survival 1 and Survival 2
    thank u because now nothing is worthless and it will now all work out
    btw splitting up the 2 communities wont be that difficult saying when survival 2 comes out everyone will be storming it and playing it so its going to stay played for awhile then some ppl just may want to try different stuff on the original survival sooo ye it may split it up a little but not really that much

thanks

Username, ItsJerry and ItsHarry like this.
  18. Contemptible

Minecraft:
    --
    But... that was the point to begin with. You won't see both on the mini-game selector

19. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Agreed. It's a great thing to make it where people have to start fresh. Newer players will be attracted especially since everyone will be starting with the same gear mostly, except for ranks and kits. As I stated above it makes the playing field very equal, which is very good.

ItsJerry and TwageTomato like this.
  20. VoidedMortal

VoidedMortal The Inactive One Donator

Minecraft:
    VoidedMortal
    This is a fair deal. Admittedly, I am going to miss my 264 power on survival 1, but I'm willing to both buy new power and continue using the previously purchased power I already have. No reason to fight this change anymore as I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.