This needs to be addressed

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by nixisawesome, Aug 17, 2021.

1. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

Your username: nixisawesome - IDK WHERE TO POST THIS BECAUSE THERES NO GENERAL SERVER DISCUSSION/SUGGESTIONS TAB (Feel free to move this thread somewhere)

In which minigame/server does the bug occur: Just general chat.

Detailed description of bug:
    Okay this is not a bug but it's going out of hand because I just simply want to be able to enjoy playing OITC and Parkour with some fucking dickhead in chat mentioning my name or mentioning going to my creative plot or a specific video that's been going around, but I just want to say it's been ruining my mental health drastically to the point where I just have no reason to live for.
    NOW I know this may feel over exaggerated on a general point of view, but it's really been getting to me because as someone who has had trauma at school from socially interacting with other people, That's why I go and play video games and especially OITC on itsjerryandharry because It was the first thing that really got me motivated ever since I had those issues. Now I'm mentioning that because there was no conclusion on really on how to make it easy for me to ignore the messages (except for turning off chat but I still want to be able to talk to people in my /fr or /msg). Which is why I'm requesting there to be a /ignore (Player) command. which if you ignore a certain player, you won't be able to see their messages. I would really love this system to be added because It would just be a LOT easier for me to communicate to people who I actually want to chat to instead of people who piss me off. It's so fucking hard for me to keep all my anger inside of me and not letting it out on someone because that's the type of person I am. I've been trying to develop my issues and they're 100% improved now compared to like the past (IF YOU KNOW WHAT I WAS LIKE IN THE PAST, OOOOOOOOOH BOY) but yeah, I'd really appreciate it if there was a command to ignore specific players. It would mean so much to me and It would keep me motivated to play on the server!

Thanks for reading and sorry I couldn't really find another section on the thread to post this to, (it can always be moved to a different section). Take care.

Trevor likes this.
  2. samloop123

samloop123 . Donator

Minecraft:
    SamLoop
    I do not support the /ignore command.

Joeley020202020 likes this.
  3. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    If players are bothering you, you should be reporting them and their actions.

You can use the in-game ignore feature built into 1.16+ to ignore players by pressing 'p' when in-game. But we'd prefer to put an end to the issue all-together instead of allowing issues to thrive because it's easier to ignore than to report.

ZeusV likes this.
  4. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    ill say again since it was deleted the first time, and i say this with no mal intent

you need to take a break from your pc or at least minecraft if people trolling u in chat is ruining your mental health

5. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

Yeah but I don't play on 1.16 and also I just still wanna play the game while having fun and not having to turn off my chat. Because I don't want to make it seem like I'm ignoring my friends.
    --- Post merged ---
    I don't think that's got anything to do with that. Minecraft/Video games in general is how I stress relieve and just quitting it would just make my life worse. but I can defintely take a break or just play less

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  6. Saul1337

Saul1337

just close your eyes lol,

and ask yourself, what will this do for me in five years? Why am I letting this affect me, is there a underlying unsolved reason to these emotions. Is this all there is to my life, should I be expanding my horizon and looking inward for a while instead of looking outward. Should I speak with my parents, or someone at school about these issues? Can I solve this without ignoring the problem which might lead to it becoming a bigger issue in the future. There is more than a minecraft drama going on here, your mental health is not going the right direction. With all do respect, this is not something that should affect your mental health or make you want to end your life.

7. Svijetlana

Svijetlana Donator

Minecraft:
    Svijetlana
    I agree.

Joeley020202020 likes this.
  8. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

>this needs to be addressed
    no it doesn't

Username, ThiccTurtles, sool and 5 others like this.
  9. Trevor

Trevor Donator

it's legit
    he just takes minecraft like it's real life lol