the good old days

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by JULTAR1000, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JULTAR1000

JULTAR1000

anyone here miss the good old days befor the madness *cough*factions*cough* came along

we all used to sit at lobby most of the time and talk about random crap like what we did at school,video games and even other videos

but then came factions came along

the entire server turned from 1 big happy community into a big fat mess full of flame wars, rage, hate and betrayal

and the worst part of all friendships where brocken

am I the only one who misses the good old days befor factions came out???

also how many of you think it would be better if it never came to the server
    post your comments below on what you think

2. cookiefonster

cookiefonster Formerly known as WikiRigbyDude

Minecraft:
    (gave account to little sister)
    Yeah, factions has already ruined lots of friendships. I think that it was a bad idea to add it, honestly.

3. Fluttershy's Assassin

Fluttershy's Assassin

I miss the old days too, and tbh, these two phrases fit factions perfectly

"It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. All mockingbirds do is sing their hearts out for us."

"What's happening in that courthouse is a roman carnival."

#ToKillAMockingbird

4. Creamcol77

Creamcol77

Minecraft:
    ---
    FIX YOUR GRAMMAR BOI! Also, yes I agree with you. I have grown apart from some of my friends since factions has started. ;-;

amboyscout likes this.
  5. JenDelRey

JenDelRey 。・゜☆ Jen ☆゜・ 。

Minecraft:
    mininghicken
    Factions just isn't the right game for some people... I think it's fine though.

amboyscout and andrewswift like this.
  6. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    Man, I was thinking of making a whole thread about this. Might as well just comment here, for now.

Here's my view on it: I like factions, I like raiding. I like the idea of it, and the gameplay is fun. What isn't fun is when people decide that factions is real life: They turn everything into a war, where everything is for survival. You can't trust anybody, and you back stab people at moments notice, praying that nobody does the same to you. Building your army, you aim to lead the most powerful regime in the history of- your over-seriousness about the game. Some posts I've seen on the forums these days scare me with how serious they are. I feel like people forget it's just a game and take it too far, to the point where they care more about winning and staying alive than their friends. This is why I sometimes wish factions never was made: It's ruined J&H's once rich, wonderful, tightly-knit community, turning it into this soiled, rusty, torn apart community full of hatred and anger instead of the J&H I used to know, full of love and joy.

Yeah, you bet your a** I miss the old days....

7. SlimeCraftPBJ

SlimeCraftPBJ Typicalus

Minecraft:
    Typicalus
    I tend to stay away from factions, and play on Skyblock.

I've seen the Factions threads that have come about, I've seen friendships that have been torn apart, I've even seen a few people leave over some of these things.

I honestly don't like it, and I indeed do miss the old days.

8. cookiefonster

Minecraft:
    I don't even go on Factions, as I'm afraid to get involved in the crazy raid shit.

9. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    As much as I love factions, I do agree, it does ruin friendships.
    I don't take raids personally. So meh.
    People do, and that's where problems occur.
    My advice is this: If you cannot handle being raided by a good friend of yours, and still maintain that friendship, you are not suited for factions. Play something else, anything. It's just a game, and you need to realise that. (Not directed at anyone in particular, just at anyone it fits)

10. LaurentYuri

LaurentYuri Please check information for contact details

Yep. I know how you feel about factions. I got over it. But it seems like everyone tends to forget that there are more servers like the minigames, skyblock, and peaceful survival. There are two choices on survival, either you get in the server of madness or you play on the server of love and peace.

"Friendships broken"
    I have a ton of friends on other factions. I'm in EFDF and we are enemies to Rogue, Bambi, and Ozone, but I don't harbor so much hate at them. I just want to get back at them for destroying our stuff, but in the end, we're still friends.
    For me, factions is fine. If people let their friendship get broken because of a game's essence is quite... how to say this... unfit to play on factions.

11. RockoR

RockoR new bagel

Minecraft:
    RockoR
    You're overreaccting.

I find it ironic how the ruined friendships actually come from people who took factions too seriously. Like really; if you didn't take it seriously, then how would friendships be at stake? Wouldn't factions just be friendly competition?

Apart from OITC, Factions is the only server I spend my time on.
    Not to mention right now its probably the most popular server at the moment.
    If you don't like it, don't play it; because most of us enjoy it.

But then again, you're probably going to still play.

~ItzEnderman likes this.
  12. EliteShadowMiner

EliteShadowMiner dead Donator

Minecraft:
    EliteShadowMiner
    All I can say is: "Says Jultar"

13. JULTAR1000

JULTAR1000

the 2 people above clearly have no idea what is going on with the comunity

14. kadinator10

kadinator10

When I first came to the server factions was already there. So I agree with @rockor1757

15. John3nv

John3nv

I just copied this from the other thread posted about this because it's the same thing I typed this out and it is the same thing with this.

My opinion is this

Well, I do play factions very often and sometimes I do realize that I take it too far, but when I realize that (which I always do) I take a step back and go to another mini game. Sometimes I do get very obsessed with factions but I do always take a step back if I do take it too far. I do not think people should stop playing or it should be removed. I would be very mad if this did happen because it's your choice to let it get to you or not. If you can't handle loosing some stuff and handling defeat, than I do not suggest you play factions because it happens to everyone. People need to realize that many people and most of the people in factions do not get obsessed like this and are mature enough to handle factions. I think all removing factions would do is enrage people, so for that reason I strongly disagree with this and I suggest that if you can not handle playing factions than don't and go play something else. The thing that everyone likes about factions is that there is PVP. People enjoy pvping in factions because that is one of the few mini games that you can actually PVP in. I really hope people se sense and if they can't handle factions than don't play but if you can than continue like I will! Just remember that it is only a game and don't let it get to you.

Thank you and I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

16. Spikegold

Spikegold Donator

Minecraft:
    ThrowingBricks
    JULTAR, just because you got raided does NOT give you rights to start making these sort of posts.

You even got cocky and TRIED to get everyone to raid your faction. You cannot just claim all of a sudden that factions is ruining friendships. Just learn that it was own stupidity that caused all this to fall upon you. If you can't deal with it, then there is another, easier solution:

Dont. Play. Factions.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  17. Fawn

Fawn as if

Okay, I had to say this.

Yes, I agree that before factions came, the server was more... well, how to describe it... 'peaceful'. I was waiting for Jerry and Harry to open factions, because I was never in it (when I first played on the server, factions was already closed/almost closed and I didn't had enough time to play it). I was curious and lots of people told me it's very fun. So, I played it a few times after they opened it, but I must admit it was a bit boring and I easily gave up on playing factions.

I played survival before I joined factions, and I had a small faction with like, 4-5 other friends. We were all very close, and all we did was have fun (like, building giant stupid stuff, swimming, even going to beach days, as silly as it sounds). And when I went to see other big factions (like ScoutArmy for example) all I saw was a huge chaos (well, I easily get stressed when there are lots of people in the same place...). But, like I said, it got boring very fast so I stopped playing it.

A few weeks ago I joined Rogue, in factions, and at the beginning it was a bit, well, exciting. But I quickly learned that it's not as fun as I thought. I'm sorry, if I'm hurting any of the other Rogue members' feelings, but I'm saying the truth now: I was really confused when I joined. No one bothered explaining me the rules, where to go, how do we raid (I was a faction newbie after all), and I felt really bad. I was planning to leave, but they already kicked me out of the faction (because I wasn't online for like a month, I assume).

When I was still in the faction, lots of players that I knew from other factions asked me if I can help them raid Rogue, and basically betray my faction. I didn't want to do that because, my main trait (at least I think so) is honesty, and I had a few close friends in Rogue, and I knew that if I'll betray them, everything I 'built' to proof people I'm a honest person will break. And that's one of the reasons why factions kinda ruins friendships. Yes, I do agree that getting butthurt because of raid is kinda silly, but think about it; A person that you are both pretty close friends, suddenly betrays you. Even if it's in a video game, it kinda hurts our feelings, right?

But, asking from Jerry and Harry to remove factions will be just stupid
    because we all waited for half a year+ for them to open it, so now we want them to close it again? Wow. And, there are other people who are enjoying factions, so why would we ruin their fun? They waited for factions to open for ages, and it'll be pretty disappointing to suddenly close it again.

18. JULTAR1000

JULTAR1000

I swear to god if 1 more person says the reason I am doing this is because I got raided I swear to god I am going to lose it

cookiefonster likes this.
  19. cookiefonster

Minecraft:
    We still have peaceful.

20. Fawn

Fawn as if

What do you mean? I didn't mention to bring peaceful back ._.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.