The future of Skyblock

Discussion in 'SkyBlock' started by Ezzerland, Jun 8, 2021.

?

What version should the next Skyblock be?

1. 1.8

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. 1.16

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. 1.17

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keremalguul

keremalguul Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    sezg
    I'm just talking about my own experience, I love seeing new additions and cool updates but I feel like this season, didn't work.

I used to play skyblock to upgrade my island, build systems, build a shop, and try to make my island look better. I spent time and effort to gain money. Most of my old friends, I met on skyblock in the first season. But this season people only played for payout and only built pumpkin farms/spawner systems then they just AFK. The lack of community and easy money makes it feel like it's a whole different minigame. (not server mb lol)

Abdussamed and Yupac like this.
  2. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Emotional Support Staff Member ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    But it didn't actually fail, it had issues sure but fail? Nah.

Quazee137, Username and Yupac like this.
  3. Abdussamed

Abdussamed hello Donator

Minecraft:
    Abdussamed
    Fixing the economy in 1.16 skyblock won't do anything because systems are no longer as hard as they used to be. It takes a very short time to build a system now. No matter how much you fix the economy, as long as the systems are like this, they will break again. It is more difficult to system in 1.8 skyblock than 1.16. I've played skyblock for many years and 1.8 skyblock is the best. The main problem here is not the economy. The problem is that everything is done easily.

4. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    Can you give an example of which farms are easier to make? Other than the use of the collector beacon, I can't see how some farms would be easier to make between versions. I can see how the collector beacon makes stuff easier, but it also reduces lag, which is a vital point to me.

Quazee137 and Username like this.
  5. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Yes, pls explain what system is easier to make in 1.16. If pumpkin farms are blocked, what system are you going to make? What makes it easier?

That has nothing to do with 1.16 or payout. It has to do with the oversight on automated pumpkin farms which made making money too easy and then everyone focused on that instead of all the other features. A broken economy has absolutely nothing to do with the server version or the feeling your talking about. So could you please explain better why 1.16 has anything to do with your issues?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Abdussamed and Username like this.
  6. Username

Username Donator

You claimed 1.16 had a big impact on the failure of Skyblock, and this response still doesn't explain how. Considering you've said that you love seeing new additions and cool updates, you clearly seem to agree 1.16 was beneficial. The reason why certain elements of Skyblock didn't work this season is because of the economy, not the version. If you still believe the version had something to do with it, explain how, rather than saying "I just feel like it just didn't work because of 1.16"
    The absence of your old friends, the old community and "the good old days" is to be expected regardless of whether Skyblock is on 1.8 or 1.16. It's 2021, the server is far less popular than it was in the past and like I've said before, wanting everything to be the same as 2015 is simply an unachievable vision now. It's time to move on, and focus on what's actually achievable and possible. Reverting to 1.8 won't magically make the old community from 5+ years ago come back and revive Skyblock completely. Especially if the actual problem at hand, the economy, remains a problem.

The "easy money", the pumpkin farms and other AFK farms can all be addressed by making changes to the economy. None of these things had anything to do with Skyblock running on 1.16. If AFK farms are removed and the economy is revamped to favour people who work hard and put time/effort into earning money, this entire problem can be fixed.
    Fixing the economy means removing the ability to build such systems in short periods of time which you can AFK at 24/7 to generate a large amount of money without doing any work. By fixing the economy, things won't be able to be done as easily, which would solve the issue you've mentioned. Reverting to 1.8 doesn't automatically solve this issue. However, reworking the economy and the ways through which people earn money actually does solve this issue.

7. keremalguul

Minecraft:
    sezg
    not what I'm saying

I messaged you so I won't copy-paste the whole thing here <3
    --- Post merged ---
    I have almost every farm on my island and I built them in less than 2 weeks.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Ezzerland likes this.
  8. Quazee137

Quazee137

How does creative make money for J&H? Things like top island mean little to a builder and after payout things go downhill.
    If the server needs to have an economy make it more like first skyblocks. I wounder if just farming no spawners or easy money makers will there be players? I would !!! Now days younger players are into likes an such.
    So lets get builders/artist and the way to do that is every month J&H tours the islands and puts one on their you tube. They can get five from player votes and then randomly get one out of the five. Have warps that link each island they post so it becomes more of a "J&H World Theme park" new players can play in whats been build and try their hand at it.

Just my $00.2 :D

have a look /is visit Uncoolzeus and /is visit VictoriaLKX there are many others that I cant reach to put here.

9. xKofteliEkmek

xKofteliEkmek Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    xKofteliEkmek
    Old was good

but old is old so its gonna be senseless to add 2016 skyblock on 2021

10. Buck

Buck Moderator | Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    oBuck
    No point being stuck in the past and wanting "old skyblock" back.

1.17 is out and will be great to have skyblock updated.

Yupac, Username, samm and 1 other person like this.
  11. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    To be honest. Sb1 or 2 were my favourites by far. The plugins and things make this season like hypixel skyblock which sucks ass. Sometimes too many features spoil a game rather than improve imo

Quazee137 and Yupac like this.
  12. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    This does not change by switching to 1.16
    What types of farms are there and how can we make them harder to achieve? Missions?
    What features and plugins were not beneficial or enjoyable?

Quazee137 and samm like this.
  13. Abdussamed

Abdussamed hello Donator

Minecraft:
    Abdussamed
    @Ezzerland Skyblock might be better if we do these
    1) In the server, the spawner should be sold in the store as before and the farms made with the spawner should be valued.
    2) Things like diamonds shouldn't come out of the cobblestone generator. The diamond must be valuable.
    3) Opening chests with a key is total nonsense in my opinion. Need to remove it
    4) For some farms, things like soil and sand are not as easy to obtain as before. We used to find rank islands before. Rank islands should come back again

14. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    So you want it to be more pay to win?
    Could you answer my question from before? These changes I understand, but they do not address your previous comments nor do they change if it's 1.8 or 1.17

Pugnata and Buck like this.
  15. Abdussamed

Abdussamed hello Donator

Minecraft:
    Abdussamed
    The latest skyblock is more pay to win than 1.8 skyblock.
    @Ezzerland Each player gives their own reasons and it is very difficult to bring them together on a common point.

16. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    Not a single reason that has been brought up has had ANYTHING to do with 1.8 of 1.16, it's only had to do with old skyblock and new skyblock, mainly economy

Unless you guys can think of a single reason to do 1.8, this should be an easy choice for you Ezzerland

17. keremalguul

Minecraft:
    sezg
    I'm happy no matter what version. I love 1.16 and 1.17 but I really don't think they give skyblock "vibes". I know I don't have a solid argument, I'm just saying lots of people would be happier to continue playing skyblock in 1.8.

Yupac likes this.
  18. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    This is not true.
    a) The version has nothing to do with what features are pay or not pay
    b) The old skyblock had donor islands that donors abused to farm for lots of materials that they then sold for high amounts. You literally said in your own post you want these donor islands back so that you can farm them. That's more p2w than anything the current SB has. Current SB allows you to do missions for donor island uses, missions for UNLIMITED crates, you can get almost everything for free without any donation at all. You could not say the same about old skyblock. But yeah, we're of course happy to go back to more pay2win style if that's what the public wants, lol.
    Can you even name 1 reason? The only one I see so far is @keremalguul saying about having to switch versions. No one else has made any points at all.
    Quite wrong. The easy decision is going back to 1.8. For us developing, this is by far the easiest, most stable thing we can do for the server. We're offering to go to 1.17 if it's what the majority of the community wants and offering to put in the extra work and extra effort necessary. If half of the actual skyblock community or more wants 1.8, that's what they're going to get. But that doesn't mean we're not going to try and make sure they understand that what they are asking for is pointless.

Quazee137 and samm like this.
  19. Abdussamed

Abdussamed hello Donator

Minecraft:
    Abdussamed
    Why are people voting for 1.8 then? The reason people want 1.8 is because they love it. I have played skyblock on your server for many years and I think the most fun is skyblock 1.8. We don't have to give reasons for not having fun playing 1.16 skyblock. We played and we didn't like it that much.
    The number of players was too high when there was 1.8 skyblock on the server. There are very few players now. It means there is a problem somewhere.

20. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Because like you, people think 1.8 will bring a better economy and more player. Therefore, they don't think about what version is best, instead, they just vote. That's why you're not able to share thoughts on why 1.8 is better. You don't have anything to share. Am I right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.