The best games for monetization

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Ryva, May 9, 2020.

1. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

It's no doubt that Minecraft, if taken advantage of properly can be a huge money haul. Look at Hypixel, making tons of money, making their full own actual game, and then getting "acquired" by Riot Games. Hytale alone when released, will have a multiplayer feature similar to Minecraft's, and I know teams that have already been working on Hytale servers. This got me thinking, are there any other games that can pull this much money? An obvious one is also Roblox, where some of the leading games make $7-8 million dollars off of Game Passes alone, where game developers are getting paid full $60-100k salary to create a Roblox minigame.

If there are any, what are other games that have huge monetization potential?

ZakMuir likes this.
  2. Soap

Soap Donator

Minecraft:
    soapC
    I've worked as an editor for some big GTA youtube compilation channels. (Regarding YouTube) If any, open-world source games with a shit ton of ability are really easy to earn ad revenue off of.

3. Saul1337

Saul1337

GTA V is the big winner here.

Take a game like Arma 2, I have 300 hours on this game. Bare bones it's just a war simulation with some shitty fucking AI.
    Now, sit down and ''Arma 2 LIFE'' holy fuck some guys transformed the game into some rpg life simulation where you can choose to be a cop, a regular civilian or a hardened criminal.. (and all you do is try to make money) oke so? HOLYSHIT full servers all day long, communities growing too big for any british dumbass (referring to a server admin that used to run my favorite server who was a piece of shit) and his shittier list of friends to handle. JerryAndHarry was big but tame, but now imagine twice the player base with adults who range from the regular guys like me to the actual soldier who plays the game and breaks his desk every other moment something isn't super realistic to the guy who reports your ass because his roleplay was interrupted by me who put a bullet in his head after not handing over his sand which he was mining all day. All day being the keyword here, because we all played all day long.

Fun as fuck.

Now to my actual point, GTA V online is a piece of shit unbalanced fuck of a game that is not fun if you have zero experience with the pvp because if you cannot defend yourself well.. Expect to be the lone fry on the ground who's about to be torn apart by seven seagulls at once.
    This game fucking sucks, but I played it religiously and it was a lot of fun. But one thing I would never do is buy a sharkcard, a sharkcard is your real life cash traded in for GTA money. Except that you buy one for 100 dollars, get 6,5 million dollars in game which seem slike a lot. hell no, one car costs 4.5 million without any mods so by the time you have it fully modded you have 0.1 dollar left. But people just pump their fucking money into this game like it's brand new, remember this game came out in 2013 and made half a billion and was top #3 on global game earning.
    GTA V, the barebones released by Rockstar is just so much fun that it can do that.

NOW, GTA V LIFE.
    SOME GUYS, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, MADE IT AN OPEN WORLD RPG WHERE YOU CAN CHOOSE TO BE A COP, A REGULAR CIVILIAN, OR A HARDENED CRIMINAL.. OKE SO? holyshit FULL SERVERS ALL DAY LONG, TWITCH STREAMS WITH 10K VIEWERS AT ALL TIMES. Keep in mind half of the time these streams are just people pretending to be someone whilst driving a car carefully from one direction to the other obeying traffic laws. But holyfuck is it fun, it's like the game just came out and you're reliving it all. Except the game is old.
    What i'm saying here is, if Rockstar and let's hope they never do hopped on the train and made official GTA V Rpg servers that GTA V would generate three times the amount of money it did last year.

And people would play it, and Rockstar will add some payment wall and people will pay it.
    I don't care about your little hypixel nerds, those guys are eating the crumbs at the bottom of the barrel.
    Whilst Rockstar is shitting and pissing inside and outside the barrel and still making billions doing so.

TreeKillerMan, Starixty, Ryva and 3 others like this.
  4. ZeusV

ZeusV Former Moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    ZeusV
    Garry's Mod is a good choice.

You've got gamemodes like Sandbox, Hide and Seek, Guess Who, etc. You can download a lot of worlds to play on and the possibilities with Garry's Mod are endless with creating Youtube videos. Not to mention you can download things such as vehicles, maps, mods and so much more.

That's my suggestion for you. Best of luck if you choose to consider this choice!

5. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

clickbaiting build battle videos

Apex_SkyShadow and Soso like this.
  6. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    Yes, that'll get more views. P e r f e c t

7. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    Making the viewers think build battle is on their server (through the power of clickbait) so they get people to join.
    As for other games, Destiny 2 would be one if they *GOT THEIR SHIT TOGETHER*

sool likes this.