Survival-Discussion

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by JJWD6, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJWD6

JJWD6 Donator

Minecraft:
    JJWD9
    Survival, one of the gamemodes that people quit because it got removed, maybe it's to do with the economy, maybe it's to do with less of a community, irrelevant. All these new updates 1.16, 1.17 as well as skyblock upgrading to 1.16. What would everybody think about survival, an updated version of survival? This isn't a suggestion this might never happen but who cares, I would like to see what people think.

Why survival? I honestly don't know, in 2018 it was removed but a lot of players quit because survival was completely removed, and there isn't any gamemode similar to it on the server. Survival with new features and a new version (1.16) what do you think, I agree a lot of the community on survival has already quit and aren't even around anymore. I remember the old survival quite well, clearly it made a strong community but also slowly died due to minecraft being less popular at the time. Maybe some people would come back, maybe not?

Just a thread that also made me consider writing this:
    https://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/survival-is-getting-removed.121187/

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    any gamemode that was dead 2 years ago will be 3x deader now

tacoman3, samm, ItsJerry and 2 others like this.
  3. JJWD6

JJWD6 Donator

Minecraft:
    JJWD9
    Prison isn't looking good might as well get rid of it, unless you have a great upcoming idea, survival isn't pvp based so it wouldn't make a difference compared to other gamemodes, a updated version of survival just gives more things to build with and explore more areas of the world. 2018 was when Fortnite was really popular, no? (regardless to whether that has something to do with anything with this thread).

4. Trevor

Trevor Donator

not oitc :)

5. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Idk if you really want to turn this thread into a discussion about what game modes should stay or go of the current ones left. Seems to me like you're opening a can of off-topic worms to make an irrelevant point. Prison can probably be removed, but that's not helping your topic. It strengthens Harry's point.

Having owned a survival server that a lot of players from this community loved and enjoyed, I can honestly put forth the idea that a quality built survival attempt would maybe have 10-15 regular players after the first day or exaggerated week of hype dies out. And I don't mean 10-15 always on. I mean through the day, in total.

motocicletar1, ItsJerry and Yupac like this.
  6. JJWD6

JJWD6 Donator

Minecraft:
    JJWD9
    It doesn't matter who's point I strengthen it's a discussion not a suggestion, well I guess you could say it's a mix between both suggestion and discussion. Wouldn't say it's irrelevant since survival died and now so has prison, they both went out the same way. I'm not saying stick on 1.8 that'd be a bit pointless. You can't really estimate the amount of players survival would get with 1.16. People enjoyed playing survival it's whether or not if people would still find the gamemode enjoyable on a different version of minecraft. Also as I said earlier survival creates a stronger community especially the way J&H did there way of survival.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    Ezzerland likes this.
  7. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Prison is a server that is designed to be short lived and reset. It's removal is more likely weighted on its ability to generate revenue for the server rather than its longevity.

Survival is about longevity and needs a constant community to sustain it or it becomes irrelevant.

Why can't I estimate players? Not only do I know this community and the survival players within it, but t3 actively plays on a 1.16 survival server and so does tealsworth and our main core of survival players from the JH community. I know what servers they play on and I am still in touch with most of them because they all played on my survival server after JH removed theirs. Tldr; I know what current, interactive, 1.16 survival servers look like.

It's entirely possible, I guess, we get lucky and get high numbers of 50 avg players on survival. But I have 0 faith in that. This may be a conversation worth continuing after Skyblock release where we can accurately Guage how interested players are in 1.16 updates, 1.5 month long development cycles and long-term game play. In current mind, it just feels like wasted effort (from a developers point of view).

ItsJerry and Yupac like this.
  8. Username

Username Donator

I only ever played Peaceful Survival on this server, and was also quite sad to hear the announcement of its removal. However, I don't even want to see it come back on the server. I know that 90% of the old Peaceful Survival community isn't going to be back to play it (and I mean the older players from Map1 mostly since I barely played Map2, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for the ones on Map2). At most a few of them would just come on for the first few days after it's added back. Also another thing to note is that Skyblock is extremely similar to Survival, and it already has a strong playerbase, so if people are interested in Survival Minecraft gameplay they can just play Skyblock.

Yupac and Ezzerland like this.
  9. JJWD6

JJWD6 Donator

Minecraft:
    JJWD9
    Agree for the most part, I've also played survival (1.16/1.15). The old J&H survival community quit 99% of them did, they just quit as soon as the announcement was made. What is different? players. Players haven't stayed the exact same, people come in and out from the server some new people may want to play survival some won't, most the people I met on J&H have quit including some people from survival.

A lot of the original people won't come back (some will, some won't) I knew a group of people who enjoyed playing survival on J&H then the announcement came and I haven't seen them in ages. I agreed with a lot of what you said, although skyblock and survival have there differences.

10. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    yes +1 remove prison

tacoman3 and Username like this.
  11. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    you seem to have it backwards. we shut down survival because noone was playing, not the other way around

there was no community left to begin with. 99% of 0 active players = 0

the proof is literally in the thread you linked. the biggest complainer on that thread had not logged on to survival for 3 months at the time the thread was made.

Soap, tacoman3, ItsJerry and 3 others like this.
  12. JJWD6

JJWD6 Donator

Minecraft:
    JJWD9
    Players finished what they wanted to achieve in survival there for, there wasn't a point in playing anymore and that's why people quit to an extent. The survival community was different compare to other communities on the server back then, people had a strong connection with each other and wanted survival for the memories they made together not just to play. I understand how you're saying there was barely a community at the time, which is true there wasn't much of a community. Some players came back every now and then to check it out and remind themselves of the builds they made or whatever, but the past is irrelevant especially with survival, updated versions of the minecraft are very different now compared to back then.

13. ItsEchoYT

ItsEchoYT Former Moderator Jr. Donator

Minecraft:
    kxwe
    In my opinion, when Survival was added in the beginning, it brought about loads of new players and allowed for new relationships to be formed. This was in the past. Now, it'll just become a Minigame where people will end up socializing, building, gathering resources, etc. I think at this point, the server is more of a communal place for older and newer players to mingle. Adding new things WILL NEVER bring about new players because at this point, Minecraft is just a place to chat, vibe, and enjoy life. We will always miss old JH server days, but right now, I don't think anything will bring about change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.