Staff Apps

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by homieboy, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homieboy

homieboy Joined J&H since Aug 2012 | Server Veteran

Minecraft:
    homieboy
    Hello,

I've noticed some trends in Staff apps that I want to clarify to everyone. Before I start, this thread is not directed to anyone who thinks that they were mentioned. No one will be in trouble :)

First topic

Some players have started to add polls to their apps. Other people would start to vote on the poll. The original player who created the app would see how many players voted on the poll and then feel bad and question the players who voted on the poll. This would happen over the application leaving 2+ pages of constant arguments.

To sum it up. I recommend to NOT add polls on your apps if you did not apply

Second topic

The moderators who are reading the apps would ask questions/give scenarios to the players who applied. I've seen that some players are starting to do the same even thought they shouldn't. Let the moderators do their job. Based on their app and answer, we make the judgement whether the app gets forwarded to the admins. Not regular players

Hope this clarifies some stuff up. If you want to ask me a questions or talk about the content above, PM me ASAP

Thanks

~Homie

2. ClemensMine

ClemensMine

Ok thanks for clear this up. But have 2 general question about the apps.

Are there set times when someone get's picked or does it depend on when they need more staff?
    Since we can't reapply when the old one isn't denied/accepted this would be nice to know.

Or does it count as denied when it's untouched by staff for like 3 months or so? Not saying some ppl are inpatient but this could be possible anyone have something else to do then waiting forever :D

3. MrDavyJones

MrDavyJones ~Stroke his Beard~

Minecraft:
    GroundBoy
    They first have to see who is willing to take this job and take it responsibly which could take a month or longer

4. MrDavyJones

MrDavyJones ~Stroke his Beard~

Minecraft:
    GroundBoy
    sorry did not mean to post here

5. homieboy

Minecraft:
    homieboy

We have started to forward good apps to the Staff area for review by Admins. No idea when first one gets accepted.Soon though

ItsCreeper5484 and ClemensMine like this.
  6. Spikegold

Spikegold Donator

Minecraft:
    ThrowingBricks
    I have a question relating to the second topic:

Although it IS pretty useless for players to give others scenarios (despite the fact that a mod could see it and actually change his opinion), is it allowed / OK? Or is it something that should be reported?

After all, all some players want is to test the applicants themselves just because they want to know how they would react.

7. Katamo

Katamo The One and Only

Minecraft:
    Katamo
    Though it's a question, you should probably put it in a separate conversation. Bumping a month later, a big no no.

8. homieboy

Minecraft:
    homieboy

Shouldn't be reported the first time they do it but if they continue to do it on like every single app, then report it. Read what I wrote next time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.