Spleef is bugged..

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Yolopod299, Jan 23, 2022.

1. simpl1city

simpl1city Donator

Minecraft:
    simpl1city
    I think this behavior is normal on minecraft servers unless you have a plugin to fix it since there is a delay for player inputs to reach the server. My guess is that the anti-cheat or plugins were preventing this before they were updated.

On the plus side, lagbacks don't happen anymore and you can visually see when the server actually updates the blocks that players break.

Yolopod299 likes this.
  2. Yolopod299

Yolopod299 Spleef is my sanctuary!

Minecraft:
    Pedry
    It's not normal behavior on minecraft servers at all.. I have been working with minecraft servers specifically spleef themed for over 6 years, and developed my own spleef plugins for the past year instead of using premade ones, and this is the first time I have seen spleef broken to this degree.

And lag backs were removed with the anti cheat we had be4 this one, not the back up ac, the now old ac that got abandoned.. It was 100% fine then, and I don't know what they changed to fuck it all up, but they did something..

I respect your opinion simpl1city, if you feel like knowing which blocks are broken on the servers side is important, I don't know if you find it more important than reaching accuracy, I do see that point..
    Honestly that's the only good thing that came out of this whole mess, if you don't count airspleef being implemented which in my opinion hardly counts since it seems like the general cause of this issue, mixed with the new ac implementation..

Me rambling about the issue:.. (This segment is just me and my opinions, going ham)

Honestly man, given some peoples response it's clear a lot of people don't give a shit about spleef on jnh anymore and just wants to see it die..
    (Not referring to you simpl1city, I have nothing but respect for your opinion as you tried seeing the positive in all of this)
    Owner gave little to no effort, and now influential people don't try to look at the issue at hand, and how to resolve it, what they rather want is for the people with power on the server (ItsHarry and Ezzerland) to ignore the issue, and honestly that's totally fine since it's an opinion, I just find it sad as fuck that's all..

also

Leaderboard does not even come close to represent good players, except a few, like Kami, Josh, Triffuny and Zubrei

I even talked with harry about the issue, he tried disabling 2 plugins, which is literally two simple /commands (plugman) and one code segment that I suggested an improvement on until he gave up on it completely, considering what spleef has done for the server, I honestly find this insulting and disrespectful towards the people really caring about spleef on this server..

pros:
    You listened to pans thread where we the community wanted airspleef and now I can see what blocks are being broken on the servers side, after I break the blocks on the client side, honestly good job on the listening part, however..
    you know..
    there's still something missing :)

Conclusion:
    Spleef now has a serious lagging issue, making it impossible to be 100% sure if the block really broke or not, making aiming in spleef very difficult leading to players that are playing at high skill levels unable to be precise in reach battles..
    Honestly guys if you gave me a copy of the server files, and the projects where you code your own plugins, specifically for spleef, lobby, parkour and any other plugin code that affects the lobby I would offer my help, for free, and see if I could resolve the issue myself..

That is if you even want to resolve this issue

Thanks!

3. simpl1city

simpl1city Donator

Minecraft:
    simpl1city
    The server you were building had the same issue:

Did you find a fix?

4. Yolopod299

Yolopod299 Spleef is my sanctuary!

Minecraft:
    Pedry
    It looks identical, but i fixed that by making BlockBreakEvent not set the snowblocks to air, but remove the drops instead making the blocks break 100% naturally, i think i told harry to do this already in private, and it did nothing...

Also i switched plugin for minecraft version compatibility, the memory is a bit fuzzy so i dont know if that helped.. I do remember having alot of issues with other plugins doe..
    I switched to ViaVersion as it worked the best

5. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    yes i did what you told me and it didn't change anything, and we are also using ViaVersion.

6. joshp05

joshp05 _Jsoh

Will this bug ever get patched? Feels like its just been forgotten about

7. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    nope

ItsJerry likes this.
  8. joshp05

joshp05 _Jsoh

welp, well thanks for the clarity

ItsJerry likes this.
  9. Joeley020202020

Joeley020202020 Donator

Minecraft:
    joeleyk
    dont be sad babycakes wanna vs in spleef rn???

10. oriator

oriator

I tried asking another random player about the issue and my reply was yes, the issue was there for that player aswell

11. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

oriator

12. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    ok