Some interrogation scene

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by CaptainJackValdy, Nov 3, 2017.

1. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    Hello, I was practicing at writing and came up with this. Please tell me what you think, thanks!

The short story takes place at a place similar to a fascist concentration camp.

It’s horrible in here. We’re locked away, we barely get any food and once we’re let out, we’re carrying stones until we wish to be dead. And if we aren’t able to continue, our guards may grant us that wish. As slow as possible, to make everyone understand that’s it’s better to work than hoping for death.

It feels like I’ve been in this hell for years, yet I fully understand that I am not. Is this what Hell feels like? What if I actually died already and am facing punishment for my sins in here? I know it’s not true, but at least believing that’s it’s all just a horrible nightmare makes it easier to make it through. If none of this is real, all you have to do is just wake up. But I forgot how to do that a long time ago.

I’ve lost all hope for rescue, so did many others. But a few in my group of prisoners have actually come up with a plan. They wanted to attack the guards, for we outnumber them. They somehow found paper and passed pieces of it to everyone in the group. It was written: “We’re planning an escape, join us. Help us get rid of our chains. Try to give us up, you’re as good as dead.”

I had no intention of giving anyone up, but how are we, weakened and already dying, supposed to take on healthy and armed soldiers? I ignored the message and burned my piece of paper. But this wasn’t the end of my troubles. Sooner or later, the guards would’ve found out about a conspiracy going on. And they did. They brought me in for questioning. If I wasn’t yet in Hell, I have certainly entered it as soon as I sat on the chair in front of the officer.

“Hello, hello, take a seat,” said the officer with a very strong accent as I entered through the door.

“H..hello...” I responded while stuttering. I had no idea what was happening but whatever it was that required me to be brought in could not be good.

“Your name is Isaac, correct?” asked the officer.

“Y.. yes,” I answered, still stuttering out of terror.

“Alright. Mr. Isaac, as you have probably heard, there is someone in your group that wants to attempt an escape,” started the officer.

“I don’t know anything about it,” I immediately responded out of panic.

“Yes, you do, Mr. Isaac, and so does everyone in your group,” said the officer, “but I want you to stop worrying. If you choose to help us, there will be no punishment, instead you will be rewarded for aiding us. All you have to do is point your finger at the right man.”

The officer took out a book with a list of names in it and opened my group’s page. I knew who they were, but I can’t be responsible for their deaths and the death of the only hope there is left. I was silent and paralyzed and couldn’t do anything.

“Mr. Isaac?” The officer brought me back from my unconscious state. “There is absolutely nothing to worry about. You will be absolutely fine at the end, just show me the names.”

“This one,” I quickly responded and stupidly pointed at my own name. What the hell was I thinking? Oh lord. The officer looked at the name and started grinning.

“I see, bravery is certainly your greatest talent,” told me the officer smiling. I was shaking. “Let me tell you about my special talent which is being able to detect liars,” after he said this I got slightly relieved, my first thought was “thank god they don’t think it’s me” but I immediately got anxious again because that could mean that I would be killed as well because of tried to cover them up.

“Sacrifice is admirable, so I will ask you to make just a little sacrifice,” the officer’s smile started terrifying me more than ever. What was going on inside his head, what horrible ideas is he coming up to make me talk? “You see, if you won’t tell me the names, I will have no choice but to eliminate everyone. Yourself included. What is better, covering the few people who are responsible for the trouble you’re in or saving most of your group and be rewarded for it? I will give you one last chance, show me the names, or I will be forced to send my men on everyone there and kill them.”

I was lost to the point of tears, my hands were shaking violently and my every heart beat sounded like a gunshot. The man is impatient, he won’t wait a long time for me to show the names, I either show them or be responsible for the death of everyone. At last, my fear took over me and made me point at the real names. The officer noted them and and notified his men in some foreign language.

“That’s it!” exclaimed the officer, “What’s so hard, here let me get you your reward,” this monster went to a closet and took out bread. “Here, just for you! Hell, let me carry it for you as I’m leading you back. Thank you for your aid!” said the officer and cheerfully walked up to door and opened it for me. I went outside with him. I have made a horrible mistake. I have watched everyone in my group burning, screaming for help. Everyone, those that weren’t even part of this stupid idea.

I fell on my knees, in tears. They had no clue which group has come up with this idea, so they brought in one man from each to see which one was conspiring. And I am fully at fault. The officer dropped the bread on the dirty ground. And went back inside, leaving me here, with my demons. My guilt and my despair.

Balisarde, Costellon and Phoenix like this.