Smart Moving Mod Works Without Penalty

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by simpl1city, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simpl1city

simpl1city Donator

Minecraft:
    simpl1city
    (This isn't a bug, but I don't know where to post this)

Your username
    :
    appleberrypie

In which minigame/server does the bug occur:
    All of them; can be abused in parkour.

Detailed description of bug:
    Players can use the mod indefinitely without detection (unless caught by moderators). It allows players to sprint faster, make 5 block jumps and get up 4-blocks vertically.

Despite this, I think most parkour records are legitimate, because the mod doesn't let you land or shift on the edge of blocks and you can't grab onto blocks if you're falling too fast. Momentum boosts are also nerfed and you can't change direction mid-air.

Ezzerland likes this.
  2. Embracive

Embracive Former Мod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Embracive
    So you mean to say that you were testing out illegal client modifications? SM is disallowed on J&H if you refer to the blacklisted modifications.

Username likes this.
  3. Username

Username Donator

There are many illegal client modifications aside from the smart moving mod which work on the server. However, they all have a penalty if a player is caught using them, which is a permanent hacking ban. The smart moving mod is already listed under the blacklisted client modifications in the detailed rules thread.
    upload_2020-5-18_22-54-8.png
    Any client modification which gives a player an unfair advantage is not allowed. The server obviously can't have a perfect anti-cheat, so it can't be expected that none of these mods will work. On a side-note, if you tested this out yourself, I wouldn't say posting this was a wise decision, because you may have just admitted to using a disallowed mod.

Also, if someone uses the smart moving mod to get a cheated time on parkour without any staff seeing it, it usually gets discovered through people looking at the leaderboards later, and the player gets banned along with their time being removed from the leaderboard.

Soso, Ezzerland and Embracive like this.
  4. simpl1city

simpl1city Donator

Minecraft:
    simpl1city
    Yeah, I was using the mod.

I just got banned for other reasons so I thought I'd let you guys know since I've got nothing to lose.

5. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    We were already aware of this, but appreciate the report.
    /c

Alperen_ and Username like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.