Sister Dying

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by AbductedSnake, Dec 31, 2017.

1. AbductedSnake

AbductedSnake Java Coder Donator

Minecraft:
    AbductedSnake
    (This was written on my phone so I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors)

Hello. I usually don't write threads like this, but I just need to talk to people and/or advice.
    Today, my fourteen-year-old sister got in an accident (PM for details) and due to complications, died in sugery to remove pieces of glass from her neck.
    Since I don't know what else to say, I'm gona end it here. Thnks for reading and have a nice day.

(Please note: This thread is not intended for sympathy or anything else like that. Just meant for advice.)

2. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    I have no idea what something like this would feel like. If the accident wasn't her fault, I hope the person responsible is brought to justice.
    Also, there's nothing wrong with looking for sympathy in times like these, it can be very hard on most people when stuff like this happens.
    I hope good fortune upon your family.

AbductedSnake likes this.
  3. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    The number one thing that got me through my mum dying was continuing life as normal as possible to ensure no "disappointment".
    An example is being there for your family. Yeah you're going to hurt, so hurt together.
    Don't sit there and blame a person. Harbouring angry feelings is just going to make you feel worse.
    In the end, there isn't anything you could have done, nor do, so the only thing you can do is continue on.
    But do you continue on in a way that celebrates your sister's life, or one that manifests hatred and mourning.

4. AbductedSnake

AbductedSnake Java Coder Donator

Minecraft:
    AbductedSnake
    I'm sorry for the death of your mother.

Thank you for the advice, its very good advice and I will do my best to use it.

tence3000 and KokichiOma like this.
  5. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Former Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Twage
    I wrote a poem a few months ago about losing loved ones, and how those losses can scar your heart. In my poem, I described how having a scar means you suffered a loss - the more beloved the person lost, the deeper and more painful the scar.

However, while a scar marks the death of a loved one, it does not mean you yourself have died. A scar means you survived the loss; that you lived on in spite of that person's death. A scar means you kept going, learned to adapt, and found new ways to live around that loved one's absence.

A scar means the wound of loss has healed.

I went so far to argue that having a heart with many scars, especially scars from different time periods, is the best way to live. It means you were able to love, lose that love, and find new love again in spite of past loss. It means you have the endurance to keep forging on even when it seems like the world is collapsing around you. It means you have lived to see a world many others haven't, and (if you believe in this sort of thing) you will get to share that experience with them when you see them again.