Poll: SkyBlock reset. Yes or no?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ItsJerry, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:
?

Reset SkyBlock?

1. Yes

124 vote(s)
    45.1%
  2. No

121 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. I don't care

30 vote(s)
    10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yupac

Yupac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Yupac, 7upac and RIPDMX
    Yeah but the old players also did I know how it feels.

bor4 and ExperienceDady like this.
  2. IceCuddly

IceCuddly

Minecraft:
    IceCuddly
    idk i don't personally think its necessary to reset

3. MrEmreeK

MrEmreeK Stop, what the hell are you talking about? Ha Donator

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    of course i respect your opinion :) , but in general some things need to change

Yupac and ExperienceDady like this.
  4. IceCuddly

IceCuddly

Minecraft:
    IceCuddly
    yeah i do get that, but there are things that could be changed before wasting everyone's hard work, i know several player who probably wouldn't come back after a reset. I'm not sure i would start again after so much time and money that went into this one was wasted. It would feel rather foolish

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    javix091 and dunce like this.
  5. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    this has happened before

6. dunce

dunce dummkopf Donator

Minecraft:
    sr_dunce
    Thats true but In the previous reset, our 6 years old islands have been deleted but still the number of players has not decreased, even has increased more. I think the server plugins are bad enough reason to reset and everyone who plays before resetting likes the old skyblock much more. I know you dont want to lose your island I dont want too but we have a lot of time for it, we can make new better islands. With stable plugins that can maintain their non-boring continuity, this server can be much better. I mean with older plugins.

Yupac likes this.
  7. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub

sool, ItsJerry and Apex_SkyShadow like this.
  8. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    maybe

ExperienceDady likes this.
  9. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    They aren't going to go back to the old spawn. That's pretty much a given. If anything, it'll be something made by the staff team or the one that bor4 made. Yes, the 'economy' is meh right now, but you're making it sound much worse than it is.

There has to be a balance with this. Your constant suggestions of a hard ass economy just won't be good for the majority of the player base. Trust me, it just won't. The original Skyblock was too challenging to get things (in shop specifically) now, sure, might be a little bit to easy. Again, read all of my posts to this thread and the other one I mentioned earlier, there is a lot you can fix without needing a reset that would encourage new players to have a chance.

The number of players definitely has decreased since that point. Remember when there were 5 skyblock worlds, and now there's one? That's because of the decrease of players. I think most people here forget that I've been playing Skyblock since June of 2013. I've lived through everything and I can tell you right now that the old skyblock economy was not as good, donator islands would just cause more problems, changes should be made to prices in shop but we do not need a reset to do it, /spawner should return, but spawners not added directly back to the store, instead kept in the crates as the highest item (with a slightly higher chance to get them), and whatever else I agreed to earlier in this thread.

You also keep telling us about the 'op plugin' - For the first time in this thread after 7 pages, could you please explain what specifically about that plugin you liked so much that you wish to completely throw the new out? The older plugin, exactly the same as it was, is pretty much what J&H aren't going to do and they've said that multiple times. Since going back to it would basically just mean that they're going back to the old Skyblock. Now, if you actually tell us specifically what you liked about it, maybe we can take those suggestions? Because right now, just telling us to go back to the old stuff doesn't really help, just saying.

t3mptr3s and MrEmreeK like this.
  10. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    Here's the summary, the server doesn't need a reset. The lag won't be fixed with a reset. The economy will only be fixed temporarily with the reset. A reset will destroy the player base. It's not a good idea

Apex_SkyShadow likes this.
  11. Apex_SkyShadow

Minecraft:
    Mostly good, except maybe not 'destroy' the playerbase, but rather, increase for a short while, then go back to the same it is now, or less. And that is a good point. No matter how many times you reset skyblock, people will always be on top, regardless of the 'economy'.

12. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    it changes , it's true what you say if we talk about the current skyblock

dunce and ExperienceDady like this.
  13. dunce

dunce dummkopf Donator

Minecraft:
    sr_dunce
    So why did the first reset need to be done? the situations were not much different from the present. 42 people have many different reasons to reset the server but those who want not to be reset always meet in a common opinion. Why are you so against the server restarting. I have a island that I don't want to lose too but this server does not deserve the current situation A magnificent server that has been standing for years deserves a unique "skyblock" as before. Deserves a full list of "tab" as before. It takes sacrifices to get what it deserves, I believe it.
    Wouldn't it be a better decision to act with the best one, not with the last one?

Yupac, MrEmreeK and ExperienceDady like this.
  14. Apex_SkyShadow

Minecraft:
    It was reset because it costs money to have an individual server. There were 5 for skyblock, and really only 2 were used, one was needed. They just decided to update quite a few things because they were already going to reset it regardless.

15. dunce

dunce dummkopf Donator

Minecraft:
    sr_dunce
    Instead of resetting, other than the most used server, others could be closed. You think there are few changes to the server? anyway forget this part. Will be reset or not reset this is not important now. I lost all my interest. I just want one answer. Do you think God rank deserves cost (I am just talking for SkyBlock) ?

Yupac likes this.
  16. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange
    Plenty of people I've asked have said they will quit

IceCuddly likes this.
  17. dunce

dunce dummkopf Donator

Minecraft:
    sr_dunce
    Everyone I asked in the previous reset said they would quit, right now they are all here and the
    previous reset was much harder than now. I mean if it happens.

MrEmreeK, Yupac, Ahmeet and 3 others like this.
  18. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    seriously :) Islands were deleted in 5 different lobbies the previous time there are still going on , what's the matter? nevertheless they continued.
    I can give in the example if you want .

19. Soso

Soso cringe Donator

Minecraft:
    SosoTheOrange

The difference is. This update promises a much harder to gain economy. This will mean people that joined in the last update and got rich quickly, won't like the increased challenge to get rich and might well give up

20. dunce

dunce dummkopf Donator

Minecraft:
    sr_dunce
    if a player quits the game because she/he can't earn money on a server, it means she/he doesn't understand anything from the game. We see the best example of this in some of the players who play KitPvP, they are banned because they don't want to work for get something. SkyBlock has also experienced this problem before, we already know it, that was solved but what happened later was much worse. Those who don't know how to play the game shouldn't be playing here but be sure no matter how hard it is, all those who say I will quit will come back again. This is always been like this.
    --- Post merged ---
    Anyway, it doesn't matter whether the server is reset or not, I will still play skyblock on this server, I always played. My account was stolen, I lost 9 islands, but I continued to play anyway. my favorite thing about this server is that I know it won't shut down, that's enough for me but I would like to enjoy it as before.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.