Poll: SkyBlock reset. Yes or no?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by ItsJerry, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:
?

Reset SkyBlock?

1. Yes

124 vote(s)
    45.1%
  2. No

121 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. I don't care

30 vote(s)
    10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExperienceDady

ExperienceDady Ahsoka Donator

Minecraft:
    ExperienceDady
    yes you right but everbody have something ex:before new plugin. i have 3 different special island. now i cant use them.

2. SpecialForceMert

SpecialForceMert

then don't reset and get old plugins / is create Villager like Island.

ExperienceDady likes this.
  3. MrEmreeK

MrEmreeK Stop, what the hell are you talking about? Ha Donator

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    Everybody says something different it's not nice. It is also not nice to put bots on the voting section.Nobody wants his island to go and we don't struggle for it. You are officially in attack mode . it was said that the plugin will not change it is still not correct to talk the old skyblock , some things need to be fixed. making easy money then the market should be expensive, not only golem spawner is in the foreground but other farms should be in the foreground. Existing skyblock same creative. You can't return the old anyway , our wish is to make the skyblock better. nobody has to fake votes for this.

4. ExperienceDady

Minecraft:
    ExperienceDady
    i agree

MrEmreeK likes this.
  5. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    :)

6. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    lmao someone @SpecialForceMert made 20 alt accounts and voted no. if you're going to pull this crap i'm just going to close the poll

witchchick128, Soso, MrEmreeK and 8 others like this.
  7. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    I say yes
    It's always good to refresh a game every now and again, especially one like skyblock where now there are literally islands made of beacons and diamond blocks and it's impossible to get on the leaderboards as a new player
    also new spawn
    I personally think it'd reignite a lot of interest in the game (especially if there's another payoff since people went nuts for that last time)

Just give out the skyblock world download again and give people time to save co-ords

Evence, Ahmeet, ItsJerry and 3 others like this.
  8. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    Straight facts

Every one of the ones you have listed resets because there is a payout system in place with it

They didn't really do anything beforehand? The *only* reason you keep complaining about donator islands is because they were used for farming. I've already dug pretty damn deep into this topic of skyblock being reset in the suggestions section on the fourms of why this just doesn't make sense. I suggest everyone here read it and, please, try to understand it.

Here's the link if anyone needs it, response I'm talking about is the bottom of page 1 (really long) - https://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/old-skyblock.128733/

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    bor4, ItsHarry and ItsJerry like this.
  9. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    Thank you for your interest :) and it would be nice if we put an end to wrinkles
    --- Post merged ---
    I have also expressed my thoughts on the subject in that regard . You told me this " There cannot be a reset or decently sized update without islands resetting, /bal being reset, inventories reset, and every item you own being gone. The most J&H will do without resetting is fixing a few bugs. "
    + we say there is lag
    - you say no lag
    + we are talking about problems
    - disputes arise
    something needs to be done , you somehow direct every problem we mentioned to something , if you won't reset then fix the lag. Of course, we are the only ones experiencing the lag problem, we are the ones who want to reset . if you know how to proceed , i will not engage in any further dialogue on the subject. Thank you for your interest
    --- Post merged ---
    I wish this thought :)

FuegoeZ, Yupac and ExperienceDady like this.
  10. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the new plugin specifically designed to make every flaw that skyblock had better? do you want bugs?

from this, i can relay that the reason you don't want a reset is because the player count won't change anyway.

ALL games that have been reset on itsjerryandharry drop in player count after payout. i repeat, ALL. GAMES. that have been reset on the server drop after payout. that's why this happens. after that, it's just playing skyblock. your point of "only the top players will change" isn't a bad thing; it's literally how you play skyblock. you expand your island and get rich doing it. you're painting it to be a bad thing, when it's really just playing the game how you're supposed to

again, this happens with every game. i've made an example of other games that have been reset, you would lose all of your time. skyblock is different, i understand that, in that all that time you spend building and gathering spawners would be gone. i totally understand your frustration there. however, that's a sacrifice you need to make if you want an enjoyable experience playing the game. the initial grind to get those high-tier spawners in the beginning is the most fun part about skyblock. after you do that, what now? wait for your money and build sometimes. maybe get more spawners if you really want them. they're not ignoring efforts, they're trying to make the game fresher, so that players actually have the drive to put in said effort.

so did skyblock, what's your point

it's no different from those games; skyblock, you can keep building and expanding your island. kit, you can keep killing people to climb the leaderboards and get better gear. factions, you can keep expanding your base and raid others. farmking, keep afking and buying plants sometimes because that's apparently fun

11. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    To everyone that keeps screaming "bring the old SkyBlock back", write exactly which specific aspects from the old SkyBlock you like.

12. MrEmreeK

Minecraft:
    MrEmreeK
    of course gladly

difficulty, market system (in terms of content), systems

it was more difficult , money wasn't getting that easy , not a single farm focused
    --- Post merged ---
    You are right , i agree

13. ExperienceDady

Minecraft:
    ExperienceDady
    -old spawner plugin
    -old shop prize
    -special island(if you can add island )
    - old rank kits
    And more diffucult skyblock (like cobblestone generator must give only cobblestone not diamond or other ore)
    Thanks.

14. Yupac

Yupac Moderator Lite Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Yupac, 7upac and RIPDMX
    Old prices, market, old chest shop, the flying island plugin. /spawner to code spawners (no iron golems), old rank islands, islands like herobrine head, winter, village etc,

bor4, dunce, FuegoeZ and 3 others like this.
  15. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Explain why you want those islands back

Explain what made the old spawner system better

Explain what made the old shop prices better

16. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    lol you guys literally just want us to revert everything to the old skyblock. not gonna happen

17. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    Old prices made it impossible for new players to have anything. I do think some things need to be adjusted as far as prices go, but we should not go back to 8 sand for $400.

You can still very well make chest shops, they just aren't used really at all because of /market.
    There was no /market before, it was /auction

Not really sure what you mean by flying island plugin?

/spawner was removed to make room for the crate keys and specific spawners - this is about the only thing on here that could reasonably be changed with ease. So instead of having like 15 different spawners, you just have the one that's in the crate and bring back the use of /spawner.

Bringing back the old rank islands creates a paradox, it literally cannot happen. Player A has a 200x200 island and invites Player B to join. Player A then gives ownership of the island to Player B and then creates a new one. Solution to this? make it so the island expansion is a one time charge. Problem with that is then what if the person wants to reset the island? Now you're stuck with it unless you want to remove everything you've done manually. Either way it goes, a large problem is created. This exact problem also applies to donator islands as well. Now that /is coop exists, you can now farm this with other people to make raiding the island go by faster and they don't have to leave their island.

@ItsHarry They want the islands to be able to farm the heck out of resources, they want /spawner back because they want to have a guaranteed chance at the best spawner, old shop prices because it felt somewhat like a challenge (but its really just harder for new players)
    Imo literally all of these things (aside from the shop prices, maybe reduce iron by a bit and increase enderpearls, gunpowder, cacti, sugar cane, rotten flesh, etc) are much better than in the old skyblock

iirc cacti was the only thing used back then for money. It was either that or literally a few hundred spawners. There was a monopoly then, there's a monopoly now. It went from Cacti to Iron Golems. And what you say is bad about the market of the game was created by the players. Supply and demand is what brought up the prices. J&H have no control over what the spawners cost in Skyblock with in game money.

Alperen_, ItsHarry and ItsJerry like this.
  18. ExperienceDady

Minecraft:
    ExperienceDady
    -Explain what made the old shop prices better

+ Old skyblock: if you new you need build farm started money was 20 k. And you can buy some sand and cactus and making farm and get money. Old shop was balanced also new shop has ever item like creative mod and it is very cheap .
    - Explain why you want those islands back
    + İf you need something you can get from special island and you can make money from island(and ranks uselles now. Before there is special island for rank )

-Explain what made the old spawner system better

+ Old spawner system didnt have iron golem and if you want change spawner you can use /spawner. Also old spawners was rare now spawners are so common

Yupac likes this.
  19. Yupac

Yupac Moderator Lite Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Yupac, 7upac and RIPDMX
    @ItsHarry 1. You could mine diamonds, sand, dirt, villager eggs and other stuff like that so if you paid for the stuff (with real money) you got stuff back but now I have god rank the only thing I get is 64 diamond block everyday which is veryyyy simple to get. People sold sand for like 1000-2000 so It can still be 400 for 8 in the spawn because there was always someone selling them for less. But now a guy with no ranks can literally just get some keys and trade them for real money and get a rank or just open them until you have over 10 iron golem spawners or more and be the richest guy.

2. If you had a spawner you could turn it to what ever you wanted instead of searching and trying to find different spawners 24/7.

3. It wasn't so easy to get items for example sand you could easily find someone who sells it for 2000 or less. Now you can buy over 5 stacks with 2k.

bor4, dunce and ExperienceDady like this.
  20. ExperienceDady

Minecraft:
    ExperienceDady
    Any reason for that ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.