[Parkour StarCount Bug EXPLAINED THEORY INDEPTH]

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by nixisawesome, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixisawesome

nixisawesome

Your username: nixisawesome

In which minigame/server does the bug occur: Parkour

Detailed description of bug: SideBar Total granting +1 stars instead of +0.5 stars.

Here's my theory on what's happening.

Rushed Explanation:

So Synnlex said his total star count on his sidebar was: 328 and he has completed 40 pyramid courses.
    And each time you complete a pyramid course, you get +0.5 stars.
    which this doesn't make sense because 288 was the maximum stars total before the pyramid courses got added.
    So he originally had 288 before the pyramid tracks got added. and he has done 40 pyramid tracks
    that means he should have 288+20 = 308
    Which it does display as 308 on the leaderboard
    And the Pyramid Star Count on his sidebar says: 20
    BUT
    His Total Star Count on his sidebar says 328 stars
    when it's mean't to say 308
    So what I think the issue is
    is that: the total sidebar star counter is only granting +1 star each time you complete a pyramid track, when you're mean't to be getting +0.5 stars instead of +1 star.

Simpler Explanation:

So my star counter originally (without pyramid included was):
    105+90+29+24 = 248

I showed in the video that I've only done all of them up to Pyramid 58. So if we do 58 divided by 2, it would give us 29.

Add 29 to 248 and it would equal 277. which is what I showed at the beginning of the video that the leaderboard score is actually correct.

But what seems to be the issue is the fact that my TOTAL: 306 Stars is bugged on the sidebar. Because if we do
    248 + 58 it equals = 306.

So that means the sidebar calculator grants the Total Star Count on the sidebar specifically the total (NOT THE PYRAMID TOTAL). It grants +1 stars each time you complete a pyramid track, when really you should only be getting +0.5 stars from pyramid tracks specifically.

Conclusion:
    • Either make each pyramid track giving a star count of +1 instead of +0.5
    • Manage to fix the sidebar total star count to +0.5 instead of +1 (Leaderboards and Pyramid Total SideBar is fine, the only one needing fixing is just the Sidebar Total Star Count)
    • Reset all pyramid times and stars. (wouldn't do unless if nothing else works).

Thanks for reading.
    --- Post merged ---
    FUCK FORGOT THE VIDEO:

ItsJerry and StreakyOrange like this.
  2. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    will be fixed next restart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.