Oh?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Warden, Mar 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warden

Warden Donator

Before I begin, I want to state that this thread is not "another one of these drama threads" because I have tried my very best to help the community and turn it about, I've even tried to start a conversation with the highest staff members and I only received a reply from one staff member. So this thread isn't just another complaint or a "back seat gamer rant". This is a cry, a plea for change, I have nothing against anyone in the community.

I would also like to request that if this were to be locked (for any legitimate reason) I would like an admin or above to lock it. It's not that I don't trust any of the other staff, because I trust all of them. But it's those who I started the conversation with, and it's those people who I want to finish it.

[​IMG]

So, I never thought I would have to make one of these again, but hey, shiz happens.

So what am I going to talk about? The same old topics that come up in most threads?

Sorta.

I want to just touch back on those, because there are some good points in there. But first, I'm going to go over something that I have seen time, and time again.

"The staff team needs improving. We need more staff. Blah blah bleh.."

From a players point of view on this server, the staff team does need improving. I'm not saying it needs a ton of improvement, but it needs a little tweaks here and there. One of course being the ignoring part. Now, this has been brought up in every thread that I have read, and somehow, it still happens. Why though? Because some staff, not all, but some, have the tendency to only speak a lot when their friends are online, or they will only stay online a lot when their friends are on. That shouldn't happen, that should never ever happen. Speaking from experience, I know how players can be when it comes to people like that, and honestly, you don't get good vibes from players. Now I could be wrong, the staff team could be improving, but I can't be sure, because again, we don't get told.

Another thing which I see often, is that people say we need more staff. In my eyes, we don't actually need that much staff now. I mean, look at how many helpers we have:
    [​IMG]
    It's a lot. But at the same time, there's a part of me that says the community could do with 1 or 2 more. But this time, concentrate on timezones. And if we were to concentrate on timezones, concentrate on two timezones in particular. Those timezones would be the UK timezone (GMT) and the Asian/Australian timezone. Why those timezones? Because there's a large community there, and even though not many players get on in those timezones, they still need a good amount of staff to help out with the server.

Another point I want to talk about is the age old question, is the server actually dying?

The answer? Possibly. I say that because as stated in a thread, player counts are getting smaller, and back a few years ago, you'd get the numbers reaching 2000 maybe even 3000 on a regular basis. Now it barely reaches 1000, and if it does, then it doesn't last for long.

Now I know what some of the responses are going to be, "1.9 has come out and the server is 1.8 still, people will be waiting for it to update!". True, but from what I have seen around different servers, 1.9 isn't exactly liked, and while some may be waiting around for servers to update, a lot of people will be downgrading to 1.8 to play on the server and make sure they're not missing out on anything.

"If the server keeps receiving donations then it won't die out!". Also true, but in order to gain donations, you need players. If you have a dying playerbase then you're not going to receive donations, thus resulting in the slow downfall of the server.

If the server starts to becoming more unique, then players will start to come around.

What else is there?

Oh yeah, suggestions. Suggestions, suggestions. SUGGESTIONS.

The infamous suggestions page. Now this topic feels like it's the toy that the child puts under the carpet when they're cleaning their room. It always gets brought up, then it slowly dies down again. So I'll bring it up, and keep it up. That forum is a mess. There, I said it. It's a mess. But it's only a mess because it's not being looked at as often as it should be. I think staff need to look at suggestions more, because there are many suggestions which can be implemented but they're not looked at, so they're not. And don't do the whole "Oh we need to look at suggestions!" *Sees some suggestions getting decided on for about 2 weeks* "Ok that's enough for this year!". Check it constantly, not every time a thread comes up.

If I missed any topic that you want me to talk about, let me know. But I think the server is starting to sink a little, and if someone doesn't step the f!ck up and initiate some sort of change, who will?

NoahMC, Blossom, Emeritus_IV and 3 others like this.
  2. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

I will!!! lol

Warden likes this.
  3. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Stop rehashing the same shit please. Locking

Odi, Burrito, RealTDITyler and 19 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.