KitPVP Nostalgia Season

Discussion in 'News' started by Ezzerland, Sep 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vaping

vaping Donator

Minecraft:
    vaaping
    I disagree, from map3 is where everything went wrong. And any 'comp' player doesnt like the pit because nobody wants a lot of deaths on their stats

2. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    So you're saying 'comp' players also don't like competition? Also, if map 3 is where everything went wrong, how come it was our most successful map by a LONG shot?

squiddyXz, t3mptr3s and Yupac like this.
  3. Kobynt

Kobynt KitPvP / Factions, Player. Donator

Minecraft:
    JQcking
    How about we do something else unlike complaining, and do something like this.

Thanks Ezzerland! For putting the time into bringing back what people wanted even though the randoms will be ignorant because there’s no payout. Cheers!

Yupac and Ezzerland like this.
  4. vaping

vaping Donator

Minecraft:
    vaaping
    how is consistently jumping into a gank, dying, killing someone and coming back competition...
    i cant remember any OG players but cheaters who played map 3

5. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Your previous comment implies the following:
    • Pot pvp is not competitive, only gapple pvp is (probably with 4+ sets of armor)
    • Competitive players only care about not dying, therefore only fight people they easily overpower
    • Having the same gear and being equally prepared to fight is not competitive
    Having said that, what makes it competitive is the fact that everyone is (basically) on even terms. There is no gear gap that somehow gives you a huge advantage over another player. This isn't a 1v1 competition, so yes, it's a game of strategy and survival. You'll have to kill, run, fight, and die. But can you do the fighting, running and killing better than others who are on the same footing as you?

Aside from competitive, you know what else it makes it? Fun.

What made the pit so much fun? Not caring about death and being able to just enjoy the combat.

What made maps 1&2 so much fun? I can tell you, it wasn't farming leathers for 10+ hours per big fight that made it fun. It was the big team fights that made it fun and trying to out-survive the groups of people that were more or equally as prepared as you were.
    Such as? I mean, tons of OG players from map 1 didn't play map 2. Lot of OG players also got banned for cheating.
    Any OG player that wasn't banned played map 3. Also, map 3 had significantly less cheaters than map 1 or 2. LOL. It was also during Map 3 that JH started investing in anticheats and tools to help reduce cheating. But worth noting that map 3 had more players when we ended the season than map 2 did on any day during the season.

Also, the gear gap on map 1 and 2 was so bad that by the end of map 1 and for almost ALL of map 2, I spent TONS of time on the server "policing" players to give new players a chance to fight and earn better gear. Not from a staff perspective, I simply killed anyone who spent too much time farming leathers, gave leathers gear to help them get started and gave them a chance to be able to even play. This ofc caused a lot of diamonds who wanted to farm leathers try repeatedly to group up and take me down so that they could have time in warzone, but hey, they learned eventually not to :) Map 3, I didn't have to do that. Everyone had a chance.

squiddyXz, Apex_SkyShadow and Yupac like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.