I know this isn't a medical site but....

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by kawaiitoast, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kawaiitoast

kawaiitoast inactive but not gone forever

I need help with something.

I've been sick with the flu this past week just after I got over a cold. I had a fever for a few days and then I seemed to be fine, but my ears were plugged due to congestion.

I rested for a few more days and my ears hurt a bit which I thought was just an ear infection, but I took some medication and they stopped hurting.

However now that they're less plugged my ears have still been ringing for 4 days straight. I thought this would also go away with time but it's been 4 days and I don't think it's normal for ears to ring that long.

Another symptom I noticed is when I hear technology noises like a phone ringing or a notification, I hear it at a a higher pitch than normal. It's definitely just me hearing things slightly higher pitched than normal. The ringing and the pitch differences are only in one ear.

Does anyone know if there's a diagnosis for this? Or is it just the after effects of my ear infection/flu? Should I go into a clinic and get it checked out? My parents keep brushing this issue off and don't want to take me to get it checked out.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it :)

Blossom likes this.
  2. sraha

sraha Donator

According to google, you have stage four toe cancer?

On a series note you should probably go to the doctors just to be on the safe side. Feel better, the flu sucks.

3. knife

knife 》Faction Veteran《 ~Jag [God] Donator

Maybe clean your ears because it could be ear wax

4. kawaiitoast

kawaiitoast inactive but not gone forever

Yeah, I finally got my mom to schedule an appointment.

I already cleaned them, they're plugged due to congestion and fluid in my ears, not earwax. I'm hearing higher frequencies because only smaller sound waves are getting into my ears.

I'll just wait and see what the doctors say. /c

Blossom and sraha like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.