Other Games Hytale game

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by CaptainJackValdy, Dec 21, 2018.

1. CaptainJackValdy

CaptainJackValdy I got a plan to save the server, just have faith

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    Hello, guys.

I just wanna know what do you think about the Hytale game trailer.

Personally, I am excited to see how it turns out, but I won’t go as far as calling it “Minecraft 2.0” because it looks like something completely different. It has a lot more in common with RPGs than an actual sandbox, which I don’t mind and can enjoy if it’s done properly.

noah likes this.
  2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    It just looks like Minecraft with a lot of mods to me. Mainly better graphics, more mobs, other content.

I mean, they have the hypixel server in the trailer lol

Amandq, Ryva and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  3. noah

noah Moderator Plus Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    left4lag
    Looks pretty cool if you ask me, will probably be more entertaining than whatever is left of Minecraft now tbh.

I'm lowkey gonna get it and grind it since I have nothing better to do with my life owo

Amandq and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  4. Feyn__

Feyn__ Lonely Mod Donator

Minecraft:
    Feyn__
    Anyway, the minecraft community will judge the quality of the game and in a month we will see if the game takes an important place or if it is neglected compared to minecraft.

However, if the game is incredibly large and over time, if the game offers a hosting system and server creation as on Minecraft, it may be necessary to look to migrate the servers on this new platform.

If what people say about Hytale is totally true and the game is of exceptional quality, then there is a good chance that many servers will migrate to have a new population.

Chilla and CaptainJackValdy like this.
  5. Snowwyy

Snowwyy Veteran member - Galladepow

Minecraft:
    GalladePow
    It's enough to make me want to come back ^-^. I'm hyped

CaptainJackValdy likes this.
  6. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    I'm going to wait for reviews to come out before I consider buying. Just from the current trailer however, it seems pretty interesting.

7. DanzyZ

DanzyZ

Thing is I'm concerned about the player count for hypixel after hytale is fully released.

What do you think will the hypixel Minecraft server die and hytale will be the new platform/game for hypixel's Minecraft community... :p

8. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    The games art style seems really inconsistent, one minute its blocky textures (like a medieval mc texture pack), next minute its detailed models.

They also show off the whole expansion thing (like servers and stuff), when in reality, its about the same as what you can achieve with a custom texture pack and bukkit (hell, even command blocks work nowadays).

I get what they're trying to do, they're trying to save Minecraft from its new tyrannical overlords, who ruin PVP and stuff the game full of microtransactions (a la the Fallout 76 and Outer Worlds), but there's a very real chance they will go straight for the complexity of MC and make the game buggy, full of microtransactions or just terrible in general. The world does not need another MC clone. The world needs a game with the flexibility and simplicity of MC, but with a totally different and unique art style (something no other game has really achieved).

9. CaptainJackValdy

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    It doesn’t look like an MC clone at all. It has its own unique features and the gameplay looks different from MC.

There sure is a chance that this game will be raped by micro transactions, and shame on the developers if so, but we can’t know for now.

I don’t get your last point. What you’re describing is Minecraft with a different texture pack, which is exactly what an MC clone would be. I am glad it isn’t this from what we’re seeing.

I don’t think this game would kill Minecraft. It will be much needed competition to Minecraft however, which might in turn actually bring it back to life, or at least improve it.

10. DanzyZ

DanzyZ

Yea it might decrease the amount of players on hypixel but it will probably evenly distribute the same amount of players onto both platforms.

11. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    The game looks really interesting but if anything, I'm going to wait until some reviews come out and actual players get on and play the game. I like the concept and all that but all it's doing is enhancing Minecraft with better graphics and more things to do in-game, when really, players can download these special texture packs and mods for free and probably get a very similar experience to Hytale.

Will have to oc wait for its release though.

12. TheDiamondPicks

TheDiamondPicks String.format("%d %s", 404, "Title not found") Donator

Minecraft:
    TheDiamondPicks
    [​IMG]
    These textures look pretty similar to MC. Ether way this is just the trailer - the final game might be quite different
    I badly explained this - a game with the same flexibility and simplicity is whats needed, but the actual game mechanics, textures, etc. need to be completely different (even voxel based games are well overdone now)

TreeKillerMan and ItsJerry like this.
  13. CaptainJackValdy

Minecraft:
    CaptainJackValdy
    Of course they look similar. No one debates the fact that it’s inspired by MC and has features that are similar to it, but it has its own content including boss fights, random dungeons, variety of new mobs and more items. If you’re making the argument of “It’s Minecraft with mods,” you could be correct but we can’t know that yet.

Amandq likes this.
  14. Alvanes

Alvanes