/friend Bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Eleven, Dec 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleven

Eleven Friends don't lie Donator

Minecraft:
    nurdercem
    Your username: nurdercem

In which minigame/server does the bug occur: Skyblock

Detailed description of bug: First of all, I want to say that this bug is not always happened. Sometimes, when I log on to the server, although I have friends on my friends list, none of my friends appear as attached. And that's why I can't use the /fr chat.

Click me

2. Username

Username Donator

This has happened to me numerous times now, and every time it happened, it was because of bad connection. I assume that it's caused by your friend list data not being loaded because of connection lag or whatever it may be. If you re-log though, it fixes itself and your friend list data loads in properly.

samm and Eleven like this.
  3. Eleven

Minecraft:
    nurdercem
    My internet connection is very good (really) right now and my ping values are pretty low. Maybe this is one of the reasons why this problem occurs but this is not a valid reason for me.

thesaber903 and Username like this.
  4. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    How often does it happen?

5. Eleven

Minecraft:
    nurdercem
    It happens at least 2 times a day. (I login to the server more than 10 times)

6. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    can't reproduce it. @Skillz you say it happens when you lag?

Username likes this.
  7. Username

Username Donator

When I'm logging in and have terrible connection, it takes me a long time to actually get on the server. By the time I do get on the server, my friend list data is non-existent and I'm not on the tablist for other players.

So it's something that happens while logging in. Also, I can't see other people's messages in /fr when that happens, but this guy appears to be able to anyway, and also says it's not because of his connection, so there's probably a different reason why it's happening for him.

8. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    no idea what causes it, i'll try changing a line in the code but it won't take effect until the next proxy server restart which could be months from now, don't feel like restarting it just for this small thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.