Do you like Elton John?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Smg, May 12, 2020.

?

Do you like Elton John's music?

1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Yes or no pls. Just curious. I was introduced to some of his music when I watched 'Rocketman' and love his songs, in particular, 'Rocketman', 'Tiny Dancer', that Saturday Nights are alright for fighting song, 'Your Song', 'Pinball Wizard, and 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight'. Taron Egerton's performance of many of his classics also are some of my favorite things to listen to.

Whatcha think?

Apex_SkyShadow likes this.
  2. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

I can't really give my exact opinion on him considering I never had listened to his songs apart from 'I'm Still Standing', which in fact, I listen to often.

Apex_SkyShadow likes this.
  3. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    If you got the money I really do suggest buying/renting the 'Rocketman' movie. I literally knew nothing about Elton, I only watched the movie because it looked interesting, but it opened my mind to his awesome world of music. And oc his story is inspirational, knowing everything he went through.

Like, just an example, this man literally attempted suicide and performed at Dodger Stadium (one of his biggest performances ever) just days later

Apex_SkyShadow and thesaber903 like this.
  4. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Elton John is one my my favorites. Rocket Man the movie was a disappointing tho.

Smg likes this.
  5. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    Elton John is a God. Incredible artist and influencer to what music is today.

"Your Song" is probably my favorite (:

Alperen_, Smg and Apex_SkyShadow like this.
  6. Apex_SkyShadow

Apex_SkyShadow My Doggo & Pupper = Best Doggo & Pupper Combo Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    EwwwApex - Apex_SkyShadow - MC_Scoot - DeskSlam
    I went to his live concert when it was in my home town (the retirement tour) - I could barely hear him for most of the songs as I was in very far away seats (even these ones were expensive af) but the second Yellow Brick Road and I'm Still Standing started playing, the entire fucking stadium starting singing it, as in, several thousand people screaming "I'M STILL STANDING, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH" - One of the few concerts I've been to, and easily the best.

I've got a video of the entire Yellow Brick Road song saved somewhere... if I find it I can upload to youtube and post it here; it has much better audio quality than what I could hear (less people screaming and more audible Elton John).

Edit: Found the video.
    The camera on my phone is set to max zoom and even then it seems far away.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  7. 00000000000

00000000000 Donator

Looks cool. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

8. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    I basically only listen to rap/hip hop but I will say Elton John makes damn good music

Smg likes this.
  9. ValentineAmy

ValentineAmy in college Donator

Minecraft:
    ValentineAmy
    I’m going to thank Glee for introducing me to a handful of his songs because they’re truly wonderful. I haven’t seen the movie made about him yet though, maybe I’ll watch it soon.

Smg likes this.
  10. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    why? it was fantastic, everything an elton john biopic would ever need to be. i'm not sure what more you'd wish for

Smg and Apex_SkyShadow like this.