back again with a new tune

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by teknicolour, Feb 1, 2018.

1. teknicolour

teknicolour min Donator

Minecraft:
    minnish
    hey guys im back and this time, ive made a mixture of glitch hop, dubstep and riddim. pretty unique style tbh and i havent heard much like this. as always your suggestions are appreciated as i would always love to know what to improve on. let me know what ya'll think of this one, thx guys <3

MisfittedCow likes this.
  2. Flurried

Flurried Philip Defranco Stan Donator

(Disclaimer) This is my personal opinion, I'm not trying to be rude. I am not a professional. I am only offering my suggestions as to how you can improve as an artist:

It seems very similar to the artist called "OMFG". The name, the art, the videos. If you want to come off as a copy, then sure, that's your choice. But maybe being a bit original isn't the worst thing in the world?

Another thing I've noticed is that most of your music sounds super similar. The beat is always close to one another and it honestly gets boring real quick. What I suggest is that you try to make a different genre of music as well as the one you currently like/have? This glitch hop stuff with similar beats is just... not very engaging. It's just the same thing over and over again with a little bit of variation.

teknicolour likes this.
  3. codeclimber

codeclimber

Minecraft:
    codeclimber
    yeah i listened to some of omfg earlier today and i could hear a bit that sounded like a mixed exact copy it may not have meant to sound like it but it sounded kind similar with the beat for a bit

teknicolour likes this.
  4. Soupbased

Soupbased Donator

Minecraft:
    Soupbased
    It’s nice. I’m definitely not the greatest person to get music advice from, but as a listener here’s some things I noticed,

It’s pretty repetitive and formulaic. The drum beat really isn’t at all too interesting and I got bored of it pretty quickly. The rhythm felt like it relied too much on the lead instruments rather than the beat itself.

It’s also pretty simple. The chord progression is very basic and I lost interest. The instrumental composition seemed a bit flawed to me. There’s nothing that really grabbed my attention. Usually in dubstep and glitch hop, I focus on the bass and the beat. In Froyo, however, the bass is drowned out by mediocre leads and repetitive melodies. There’s little emphasis on any of the instruments.

3:28 and onwards was the best to me. This part of the song was the complete opposite of the paragraph above and was a breath of fresh air. Still, the beat was relatively the same, but the song definitely could’ve used more “drops” like this one. Those earlier in the song were too similar to the buildup and I couldnt really differentiate the two parts.

Overall, I appreciate the effort and work you put into the piece. It’s not a bad tune, and I really enjoyed the concept. Looking forward to what you put out next.

teknicolour likes this.