Anyone else here into spooky stuff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Katerina, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

Title ^
    Last year I started watching more and more horror movies and reading paranormal stuff. It's something that takes my mind off my problems and lets me have some fun for once. Many people are into this, I'm sure some people here like them too. It always fascinated me hearing about haunted forests and spirits and shit like that. Being scared was what got me going and well now I've reached the point where I don't get scared anymore.

So since halloween was last week, I got some questions for ya
    Have you ever experienced something paranormal? If so share your story!
    Do you have a favourite creepy pasta? If so please share it here so we can read it as well
    Do you have a favourite horror movie? Please say which so we can check it out
    Do you own something spooky? An ouija board maybe? If yes have you ever messed around with it?
    Would you like to own one?

I will share mine first:
    Well for starters I havent's experienced something extremely paranormal. Only some shadows here and there and this one shadow man that we sometimes see when we close the light (it's a phenomenon btw look it up if you're interested. I forgot what's called lol). I would love to visit a "haunted" building and have more paranormal experiences though, I know I am not the only one.
    My favourite horror movies at the moment would be "Last shift"(IMDb: 5/10) and "Insidious" (IMDb: 6,8/10). My favourite creepy movies are "Pan's Labyrinth"(IMDb: 8,2/10) and "Sixth Sense" (IMDb: 8,1/10). However I haven't seen any good ones lately :/ I went to the cinema and saw "Mother!" with Jennifer Lawrence but it was more of a drama than a horror movie so I was kinda disappointed. It upsets me that there aren't many good ones out there but I am planning on watching some classics.
    I haven't read many creepy pastas. The only ones I've read were on /x/ and I'm not going to lie some of them were pretty spoopy. Unfortunately, I haven't saved any so I can't share what I've read with you guys. I do however read Stephen King who is the king of horror movies so I can suggest you some movies and books. The one I'm reading atm is called "Insomnia". It's about a guy who has lost his wife and can't sleep so he starts to see weird lights and yea stuff like that. It's pretty good so far :)
    Do I own anything spooky? Nope but I've tried making my own OUIJA board for fun. I didn't mess around with it though because I was afraid doing it by myself.
    Fun fact! I love creepy music. Expecially music boxes.

I also listen to classical music. I will post my playlist with some of my faves
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlw0LMO15hU3xo2bMOOpZOmKyv-dSs-3E&disable_polymer=true

Anyway yea since there always has been a lot of drama and debate thread about sensitive subjects it's about we have a discussion about something OTHER THAN those. I am sick of hearing the same things over and over again so let's have something nice for once. Thanks
    1509927119562.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  2. Teddie

Teddie Donator

but mom spook season is over

Have you ever experienced something paranormal?: When I went to the Philippines, there were a lot of "witches" near my old house and I would see them often during the night. Almost all of them are evil and would try to trick us into going into their house and killing us. I've also encountered a couples of ghosts during my time there and when I was a kid, I would try to approach them but my parents would do what parents do and keep me safe.
    Do you have a favourite creepy pasta?: I'm really a sucker for Gaming Creepypastas. When I was a younger teenager, I would always divulge myself in reading Creepypastas and trying to make my own (dm me if you want to see how bad it is). I always enjoyed reading Pokemon Creepypastas because I found most of them pretty interesting (some were really bad but i didn't really notice it when i was a kid lmfao). For my favourite, I would say Ben Drowned and Pokemon Lost Silver are my favourites. Ben Drowned is an instant classic for me and it really caught me off-guard during my first read. The videos presented by Jadusable creeped me out a lot. For Lost Silver, it made me cry a lot because I just found it generally creepy and a bit scary for me when I was a kid. The frame in which Red's head was cut off kinda gave me that sp00k.
    Do you have a favourite horror movie?: I've watched the Insidious movie series and I found it really scary. I get scared really often but it's always fun to watch scary movies from time to time. I've recently watched IT and I got scared really fast, especially during the jump scare in Bill's garage.
    Do you own something spooky? An ouija board maybe? If yes have you ever messed around it it?
    Would you like to own one?
    : I own a Ouija Board and ever since second year high school I haven't touched it. During a field trip, I played it with some friends in a hotel and it was really fun! Unfortunately, the fire alarm in our room rang due to the candles that we lit up. Regardless, that one hour of Ouija was really fun and I hope to do it again with some other people.

Phoenix and Katerina like this.
  3. Katerina

u watched IT and got scared? pft pussy
    The witches' place sounds pretty fun! Where in Philippines exactly and would you visit it again? I really want to visit Suicide forest in Japan (Aokigahara 青木ヶ原). It looks creepy and the whole atmosphere scares the shit out of you. I'm up for an adventure. Did anything paranormal happen during your Ouija experience? elaborate pls I want to hear moar
    Thanks for reminding me Insidious exists xd I will edit the thread now

also
    SPOOKY SEASON NEVERS ENDS FOR ME

Teddie likes this.
  4. Teddie

Teddie Donator

i am a fan of the spook but i am scared to get spooked :(

I am from Vigan in the Philippines and I rarely see Witches now ever since I've moved. Witches aren't as fun because there are different classifications of witches in the Philippines. You can view them here. Oh also, fun fact, I'm going to Japan for the Summer and I might consider going to Suicide Forest if I have the time. Also, during the Ouija experience, if I recall correctly, we were talking to a 9 year-old and it was really nice talking to her. She seemed really nice and we all had a good time. Hopefully I can have another experience soon because yknow, why not.

Katerina likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

Not into horror movies but I do believe in spiritual stuff like mediums (not all are legit) and ghosts and stuff.

I get spooked easily so :(

Katerina likes this.
  6. Katerina

Just a tip, don't go alone into the forest. It's easy to get lost there and ya know I don't wanna lose my son
    Why do you believe in such stuff? Has anything happened to you or have you read something to make you say that? :))

Phoenix and Teddie like this.
  7. Teddie

Teddie Donator

I'll be fine
    Going in alone is pretty suicidal and I don't have a good sense of direction so I'm not going alone for sure

Katerina likes this.
  8. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

Have you ever experienced something paranormal?: So far, no I havent. However I do believe in things like Urban legends. I've heard many different stories about monsters and unexplained phenomena that happen both locally and internationally. One that I can think of is the California myth of the Thunderbird, I know it's not paranormal but it fits with the Urban legends, Its a story about a Gigantic bird like creature that hunted humans and was seen as a god to the native Americans living at the time. It was said it's wingspan was 30 to 40 feet across, and the natives always described it as an Incarnation of Thunderstorms. And as for the paranormal, We had an old story going around in my area of a haunted train track out in the country where they say if you park your car near the tracks, You could faintly hear the sound of a Train horn but nothing was there.

What is your favorite Horror movie?: I don't normally watch horror films, but if I had to pick one I wanted to watch, it would be Dracula, from the 1930s starring Bela Lugosi. It doesn't rely on Jumpscares nor Killers like most modern day horror movies, but rather on atmosphere and tension. Its a Excellent take on a Classic story and I really would like to watch it some day.

Teddie and Katerina like this.
  9. Saul1337

Saul1337

I was haunted by Herobrine..................

All seriousness the most Paranormal thing that I have experienced that wasn't some trick by my brain was when I was with a friend in the woods, and we were just walking around and chilling and we stumbled upon a sealed off WWII small bunker.
    We stayed there for a while and she started taking pictures of me and some of herself, and we noticed light orbs on the pictures. But the weird thing was, if we took it from another angle in a different position the orb would still be there, always in the same place no matter how or where we took the picture. Even if we took one from far away the orb would still be there, and only on pictures of the bunker none of the other pictures taken around the woods had any of them. We looked it up and people believe it's something that announces the presence or a spirit in that location, which could have been a ghost/spirit of a soldier who has died there. I don't believe in ghosts too much, but I mean so much shit happens on the world who knows what is real and what isn't.

Other than that, I haven't had any other experiences. I am bad with horror stuff because my brain overcomplicates it and starts playing tricks on myself, pretty much just scaring myself : ^)

Phoenix, Katerina and Teddie like this.
  10. Katerina

I do believe in Urban Legends too, though there aren't many good here. I have heard a lot from youtube videos and stuff but I don't know what's real or not. Either way it's fun being scared :D
    Sounds interesting. I wish I was there as well :)

11. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    Have you ever experienced something paranormal? If so share your story!:
    Aight, this one has way too many holes in it, but whatever, right.
    Anyways, so one night I went to bed and I close - and locked - my door. Then I woke up at 3am to a light bang. It didn't wake anyone else up, only me, and it wasn't in my room (in the closet or something, I don't know). So I just thought "Eh, maybe it was the cat" so I went back to bed only to see that my door was open. I locked it, mind you, and I don't think my parents either have a key to my bedroom door or can Arnold Schwarzenegger kick a door open without me waking up. Anyways, so I got up and SHUT the door, not locked this time. Then, I woke up in the morning, and my door was... creaked. Not opened, but like the cat kinda creaked it. Mind you, my cats (plural, I have two) were sleeping (cats sleep hush), so I didn't really know what happened. But it was morning, so I got up to check my cats - fast asleep on the couch. They obviously woke up after a couple seconds because 4-year-old Ken is loud, but my parents were up so we gucci.

Also, I went to Arby's when I was a baby and couldn't stop throwing up, now Arby's is in my top 3 favourite restaurants and I don't puke after eating it anymore. :D. Spooky amirite
    Do you have a favourite creepy pasta? If so please share it here so we can read it as well:
    I like Squidward's Suicide.
    It's long as hell, here's the video (gruesome as hell).
    watch
    Do you have a favourite horror movie? Please say which so we can check it out: No
    Do you own something spooky? An ouija board maybe? If yes have you ever messed around it it?: Nope
    Would you like to own one?: Nope

Katerina and iRachel like this.
  12. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    Have you ever experienced something paranormal? Nope, never.
    Do you have a favourite creepy pasta? Jeff the Killer
    Do you have a favourite horror movie? Insidious
    Do you own something spooky? An ouija board maybe? If yes have you ever messed around it it? Nope.
    Would you like to own one? Yep!

Katerina and iRachel like this.
  13. Soupbased

Soupbased Donator

Minecraft:
    Soupbased
    Have you ever experienced something paranormal?
    Every time my family and I would gather in the living room to pray, I always heard disembodied footsteps. Perhaps it was just the house settling and my imagination filled in the blanks. My family wears slippers in the house and the footsteps sound exactly like someone wearing some slippers and walking around. I haven't prayed with my family at night for years because of this. I prefer the day time.

Do you have a favourite creepy pasta?

Petscop. It's more of a miniseries than a creepypasta, but I'd definitely recommend it. Any SCP things are cool as well (if they count).

Do you have a favourite horror movie?
    The Birds (1963). I remember watching it at a younger age with my dad. I wasn't scared, but I just loved the aesthetics and I admired how creative people were back then to scare an audience.

Do you own something spooky? An ouija board maybe? If yes have you ever messed around it it?

Heck no. Never encountered one, never will buy one. Even if it's some Hasbro piece of wood, I still think there's some evil entity that comes with it. I'm also religious and contacting any dead spirits goes against my beliefs, even if it's just for fun.

Katerina likes this.
  14. Phoenix

Phoenix Donator

There are always certain noises I hear at night, now you might think, oh that's normal, there's always this weird sound as if someone's is closing my door, even tho my door is always completely shut and a bit hard to open without making any noise. It always kinda creeps me out a little but I honestly just ignore it now.

I also had a period of time where I always woke up at 4:14am, always that time, for no reason. It isn't creepy or anything but it's weird. It went on for 2 weeks or so.

Sometimes these kind of weird things happen to me, they aren't scary but it is weird and unexplainable.

These are kind of the reason I believe in them, or well, it's a start. After that I just continued on the internet, tons of reading and watching videos about it.

Btw, a lot of creepy things exist that are done by humans such as cults and stuff. Giving me dem chills

Katerina likes this.
  15. Saul1337

Saul1337

If you know any nearby old bunkers you could try taking pictures as well, apparently it happens a lot.

Katerina likes this.
  16. Katerina

Thanks for the info.
    I do hear them sometimes too! I guess spirits like to keep me company ^^
    Sounds like you had some interesting time at your house. Also, thanks for the creepy pasta. I will make sure I read it :) I've seen the Birds and it's honestly one of my favourite movies by Hitchcock along with Vertigo.
    Spoopy.
    So I got a story to share as well actually. So I got a ceiling fan which is also my ceiling light. I got a remote control to open/close the light and turn on/off the fan. When winter comes I take out the batteries of the remote so they don't get spoiled. This year however, whenever I turn on the light and open my drawer suddenly the light will turn off and the fan will start working. This has happened around three times and I've taken the batteries out of my remote but it still happened. My mom legit called a priest lol

17. witchchick128

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    the power of christ compels you motherfucka

Katerina likes this.
  18. Katerina

1509937444941.jpg

witchchick128 likes this.
  19. witchchick128