Sneak Peek: Rules & Guidelines!

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by RobyNub1337, Jul 2, 2014.

1. RobyNub1337

RobyNub1337

Minecraft:
    Daorack & RobyNub1337
    That's right folks! I have told you all that we were working on a new rules & guidelines thread that would have the rules in more detail and cover more scenarios. Well, we've been hard at work on this in the staff section. I feel we finally have enough done on it that we can give you a solid sneak peek of what we've done so far.

Please bear in mind that this is still under construction so some components bay be incomplete.

Here goes:

{General Rules - Apply Everywhere}

~Respect~
    Respect is a two way street, and involves every social interaction, irregardless of rank.
    Do not harass, insult, or attack anyone, no matter their rank.
    Understand that staff have lives to, and are volunteer workers. They also play the game normally as well as help the server. Don't attack them for actually playing the game for once.
    Just because staff members order you to stop doing something doesn't mean its harassment.

~Trolling & Harassment~
    Trolling between friends who are both clearly cool with it, would be allowed.
    Trolling with the intent of grief, on the other hand, would not be allowed.
    Harassment would not be allowed.
    Continually bothering someone who has expressed a wish to be left alone would be considered harassment.
    Deliberately saying things that would cause grief to or bother someone, persistently, would be considered harassment.
    Intentionally causing a person drama would be considered harassment.

~Cursing & Profanity~
    Absolutely any and all racial, gender, religion, and homeland/country related slurrs would be flat out forbidden.
    Absolutely any and all sexual content would be forbidden.
    Cursing -at- someone, in a hostile context, would be banned.
    Example: "F--- you!" or "F--- off!" wouldn't be allowed, while "Oh you jacka--!" between friends who are both laughing and cool with it would be acceptable if not overdone.
    Mild cursing with no hostile direction or context, and not in violation of previously aforementioned rules, would be allowed.

~Reasonable Suspicion vs. Evidence~
    No action is taken without solid evidence.
    If the case is one where evidence is not really possible, and you feel strongly that the person is likely guilty, rather than taking action without due evidence, investigate the person.
    Then if you find solid evidence, you can act.

~Blackmail~
    Taking dirty information and threatening to release it to the public or to specific individuals if that person doesn't do what you want, or threatening to report them but only if they don't do what you want them to, is considered blackmail and not allowed.
    ((Note, if someone is harassing you, by say, killing your chickens, or spamming you in /msg, and you warn them to stop or you'll report it, is -not- considered blackmailing. However, letting them do that, getting evidence, and forcing them to enchant for you, or give you things, or do things for you, or else you'll report. That's blackmail.))

~Trying to Mod~
    If someone breaks the rules, people who are not mods may remind the individual that it's against the rules ONE TIME. After which, any attempt to yell at them is just spam.
    That said, if you become part of the spam problem, you are breaking the rules at that point. Keep this in mind if you attempt to help.

~Spam~
    Sending the same message over and over, or constantly poking at a subject that obviously nobody is interested in, is spam.
    Intentionally inflating your message to get it noticed with things like ~={ or other fancy character designs before or after your message is spam. (One exception: you may use up to 3 characters to mark your advertisement, such as when trying to sell something like diamonds for in game currency.)
    Gibberish spam is not allowed, however we do realize that accidents happen. Cat runs over your keyboard. Toddler sibling charges through and smacks your keyboard in the process. All sorts of stuff happens. As a general rule of thumb, please avoid it.

~Advertising~
    Advertising is flat out not allowed. There are only two exceptions.
    Advertising your stream when you are recording on the J&H server is allowed.
    Advertising that you are selling something ingame is allowed. (This only qualifies for things like selling a diamond for in game currency or wanting to trade.)

~Bullying, Discrimination, Flaming, and Blackmail~
    Do not discriminate, bully, flame or blackmail anyone on the server. Treat others as you you'd want to be treated.
    Treat all players equally. Do not treat them different based on factors such as gender, race, location, financial income, age, etc.
    The one exception being age, to an extent. You can't expect a younger age person to be more mature, its not a fair expectation.

~Alt Accounts~
    Simply having an alt account is not a problem. However.
    There are some restrictions on the purposes which you are allowed to use an alt account.
    Using an alt account for a restricted purpose will result in massive consequences, and heavy bans of the alt accounts.
    The following uses for alt accounts are restricted:
    Bypassing a ban.
    Like farming.
    Adding followers.
    Attempting to bump anonymously.
    Attempting to harass someone anonymously.
    Trying to make yourself look good by talking to yourself. (Such as on staff apps.)

~Impersonation~
    Do not impersonate an existing player under any circumstance whatsoever.
    In Hardcore Factions -only-, you may use an alt to scam your way into a faction as a means of raiding. However, this is not allowed on any other server.

~Selling & Giveaways~
    You are not allowed to sell things outside minecraft on the server/forums/teamspeak.
    You are allowed to host giveaways and prizes for contests.
    However, scamming in said contests and giveaways is not allowed.
    Caution: Careful who you accept gifts from, some have been known to use this to blackmail. While this blackmail is not allowed, you should still be careful.

{Server Rules}

~Scamming & PVP Bypass~
    Solid evidence or no action. It is their obligation to prove their case.
    If they have solid evidence, and prove their case, the next step is to investigate if they were negligent.
    If it was an obvious scammer or griefer and they gave them the means to grief or scam them, then they take responsibility for their own negligence.
    If, however, its solidly proven that not only is the reported party guilty, but the one reporting was *not* irresponsible, then you may take action.

~Instigation~
    Saying "everyone who X say I" to get everyone on the server to spam I, not allowed.
    Faking that someone famous is online that isn't in order to cause others to spam, is not allowed.

~Glitch Abuse~
    Abusing glitches or errors in the system is forbidden, except within the bounderies of the exceptions provided.
    -EnderPearl (Factions Only)

~Hacking & Mods~
    Any hack or mod that gives you an unfair advantage over other players is strictly forbidden.
    Mods that improve graphics or things like that are allowed.
    Hacks such as aimbot, forcefield, or any other hack are not allowed.

{Forum Rules}

~Text Size & Color~
    On the forums, do not use text that is over sized without a good reason for it. Its meant for titles. Not as your standard font.
    Be reasonable with font color. Don't make it unreadable.

~Off Topic~
    Stay on topic in threads. If you are going along in a conversation and end up wanting to talk about something unrelated, go ahead and make a new thread and tag the relevant users.
    Going off topic is not allowed.

~Bumping~
    Bumping is when you post a post specifically to move the thread back to the top of the list, with no real purpose. This is not allowed.
    However, posting on a thread to contribute in a meaningful way, -is- allowed, even if its a bit old.
    This is allowed up to one month back. After that point, if you wish to talk about that subject matter, simply make a new thread.
    Bumping is not allowed in -any- area. This includes reports!

~Double Posting~
    Do not double post unless it is absolutely necessary.
    Simply edit your post to include new information.
    You can find the edit option in the form of a link reading "Edit" under the content of your post.

Sakujo, retirednow, momand and 22 others like this.
  2. EliteShadowMiner

EliteShadowMiner dead Donator

Minecraft:
    EliteShadowMiner
  3. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    ~Trolling & Harassment~
    Trolling between friends who are both clearly cool with it, would be allowed.
    Trolling with the intent of grief, on the other hand, would not be allowed.
    Harassment would not be allowed.
    Continually bothering someone who has expressed a wish to be left alone would be considered harassment.
    Deliberately saying things that would cause grief to or bother someone, persistently, would be considered harassment.
    Intentionally causing a person drama would be considered harassment.
    Would ACCIDENTALLY causing someone grief without realisation be against the rules? Say, if I went a tad overboard with a joke towards someone and they didn't like it, but I was casually sitting there going 'heehee' c: (Also keep in mind with that scenario, I don't know the other party dislikes the joke)

~Cursing & Profanity~
    Absolutely any and all racial, gender, religion, and homeland/country related slurrs would be flat out forbidden.
    Absolutely any and all sexual content would be forbidden.
    Cursing -at- someone, in a hostile context, would be banned.
    Example: "F--- you!" or "F--- off!" wouldn't be allowed, while "Oh you jacka--!" between friends who are both laughing and cool with it would be acceptable if not overdone.
    Mild cursing with no hostile direction or context, and not in violation of previously aforementioned rules, would be allowed.
    With the country related things, say I was talking to @ItsStartheFox the fox, and I call her a Fagnadian, which I do (Faggot & Canadian combined)
    She replies with 'Map, you stoopid Asstralian' (Ass & Australian combined). YET, both of us are COMPLETELY ok with it. Would that be against the rules?

Furthermore, would me saying 'F--- you' to a friend in a joking matter be also against the rules?

~Reasonable Suspicion vs. Evidence~
    No action is taken without solid evidence.
    If the case is one where evidence is not really possible, and you feel strongly that the person is likely guilty, rather than taking action without due evidence, investigate the person.
    Then if you find solid evidence, you can act.
    What if you find a hacker, say, a fly hacker. It's clear evidence, at least to you and friends. You have a REALLY terrible computer/netbook, and you cannot record, at ALL. Would providing a few slightly clear screenshots be ok, or would you just let that person slide?

~Blackmail~
    Taking dirty information and threatening to release it to the public or to specific individuals if that person doesn't do what you want, or threatening to report them but only if they don't do what you want them to, is considered blackmail and not allowed.
    ((Note, if someone is harassing you, by say, killing your chickens, or spamming you in /msg, and you warn them to stop or you'll report it, is -not- considered blackmailing. However, letting them do that, getting evidence, and forcing them to enchant for you, or give you things, or do things for you, or else you'll report. That's blackmail.))
    Would joking around with such information (Joking with saying so, and posting something else) count? There's an example of me doing something like that on @NESlover1 profile where I posted something really unrelated but suggesting I would post something else.

~Spam~
    Sending the same message over and over, or constantly poking at a subject that obviously nobody is interested in, is spam.
    Intentionally inflating your message to get it noticed with things like ~={ or other fancy character designs before or after your message is spam. (One exception: you may use up to 3 characters to mark your advertisement, such as when trying to sell something like diamonds for in game currency.)
    Gibberish spam is not allowed, however we do realize that accidents happen. Cat runs over your keyboard. Toddler sibling charges through and smacks your keyboard in the process. All sorts of stuff happens. As a general rule of thumb, please avoid it.
    What if it's part of your chat? Say, I'm talking in OITC or SG with a friend, and I die. Would me say 'Omfg sdggsaudgasdasdasdsads' as part of joking around that I died count?

~Impersonation~
    Do not impersonate an existing player under any circumstance whatsoever.
    In Hardcore Factions -only-, you may use an alt to scam your way into a faction as a means of raiding. However, this is not allowed on any other server.
    What if it's clearly fake and the original is finding it somewhat funny? Like, someone disguises/nicks as a similar name to me, and I am 100% fine with it.

~Text Size & Color~
    On the forums, do not use text that is over sized without a good reason for it. Its meant for titles. Not as your standard font.
    Be reasonable with font color. Don't make it unreadable.
    What if it's for the content of the thread, say, I'm making different parts different sizes.
    I mean, it's much easier to read this apart from the other sentence, right?

~Bumping~
    Bumping is when you post a post specifically to move the thread back to the top of the list, with no real purpose. This is not allowed.
    However, posting on a thread to contribute in a meaningful way, -is- allowed, even if its a bit old.
    This is allowed up to one month back. After that point, if you wish to talk about that subject matter, simply make a new thread.
    Bumping is not allowed in -any- area. This includes reports!
    What, if there is a suggestion from 2 months back, that was so good, and you want to contribute in such a way it might just get accepted?

~Double Posting~
    Do not double post unless it is absolutely necessary.
    Simply edit your post to include new information.
    You can find the edit option in the form of a link reading "Edit" under the content of your post.
    What if, since occasionally my ipad doesn't like editing all the time, I need to post again since reason mentioned before?

LaColeman and JoeyBACONBacon like this.
  4. adjustingingredients

adjustingingredients (◐‿◑) Donator

Minecraft:
    cakpoadoadwndwadw
    That's a lot of 'What If' s Mappy...

Anyway, thanks for this Dao. This should make the rules a LOT more clear.

EDIT: Are you allowed, to advertise for something on the forums? Say... you were having a competition, and you tell someone to go to the page to sign up. Is that counted as advertising?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Kritt and KokichiOma like this.
  5. Kritt

Kritt Bored Donator

Minecraft:
    Kritt_
    Thank you for clarifying on the rules!
    I have some questions about Alt. Accounts.
    Say you get an Alt. Account and use it to make an island on Skyblock, then use your normal account to farm other islands they make. Is that allowed? Also, can you add an Alt. Account to your faction in Survival for more power?

6. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    I'm glad you have posted this clarification on the rules. This will hopefully make the community a better place.
    I have one question though.
    Whenever someone bumps a thread does it need to be reported? (On the report button)
    Thanks,

7. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    He means generally on the forums, although bypassing a ban on the server/even teamspeak is not allowed.
    The skyblock island one is allowed, and as well as the survival.

Kritt and cingle like this.
  8. Kritt

Kritt Bored Donator

Minecraft:
    Kritt_
    Ok thanks :P

KokichiOma likes this.
  9. Loling

Loling KingKylie

Minecraft:
    Loling
    Thank you so much Dao! c:

10. PyromancerMagic

PyromancerMagic Donator

So, I have a question on Blackmail:

Could this be allowed in factions, but only to get in someone's base?

Basically, the blackmail is nothing personal, but it's threatening to do something to them in factions, i.e kill them if they don't take you to their base.

11. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Thank you for posting this Dao. I hope that future and present players understand the rules better and whether or not something is allowed.

12. MrBlockMan

MrBlockMan

By blackmail I think what you said is acceptable. When someone did not let me in their I killed them and stole their stuff. I believe if you say that you will expose a picture that is personal or report them is blackmail.

13. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    IDEA: "the hockey rule"
    In hockey players are allowed ONE fight per game w/o getting thrown out however if you come half way across the rink, piss them off and fight its fight instigation which is additional 2 minutes in penalty (plus other technical stuff.
    Rule: If you instagate a fight/spam/flame war you serve additional time.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  14. ST3PMAN

ST3PMAN Unseen

I have no idea what you just said.

YoshcraftMLG likes this.
  15. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    If you try to get someone in a fight/ start a fight for no reason you will be punished harder

ST3PMAN likes this.
  16. Oreo_Pug

Oreo_Pug

Minecraft:
    ♥ Call me Oreo. ♥
    You should pin this thread :)

17. ST3PMAN

ST3PMAN Unseen

I have a question. Are you allowed to make alt accounts on forums to apply for other factions?

18. BlueChuckian

BlueChuckian Silver Elite Donator

Minecraft:
    Hocus_Locus
    Thanks for telling us Dao! :D

19. LaColeman

LaColeman Leaving (INAL)

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    Thanks RobyNub

20. Oreo_Pug

Oreo_Pug

Minecraft:
    ♥ Call me Oreo. ♥
    Oh and also, (I want this to be official)
    Does chatting like this count as spam and is reportable?:
    Player: I
    Player: CAN
    Player: CHAT
    Player: HOWEVER
    Player: I
    Player: LIKE