losing pets - share your expiriences

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Spooky, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Spooky

Spooky juyeon loml Donator

Minecraft:
    keonhee_
    hi.
    as you can see this is a very sad thread.
    if this is too much for you then i may recommend to move on to another thread.
    back in 2006, i adopted a cat named shadow. he was a really gentle cat, i got him when i was two.
    in 2014, he looked like he was 'gaining weight'. everyone though he was just a fat cat and moved on with their lives.
    we all got worried about shadow so we took him to the vet cause he wasn't losing weight.
    he actually had a heart disease which made his heart the size of a dog. and the fluids from his heart were getting into his body and made him look fat.
    shadow also couldn't poop right, breathe right, etc.
    we kept giving shadow meds to help him but it wasn't curing the disease.
    so we decided to put him down. shadow died at just 7 years of age.
    it was the hardest time of my life and i don't want to relive that.

i decided to bring up this topic to remember all of our lost pets.
    if you would like, share your experiences below to help some people out.

thank you for reading this and understanding that losing is pet is like losing a best friend.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    TreeKillerMan, sss, iWolf and 8 others like this.
  2. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    I do have those feelings twords my pets that I have lost and think about them from time to time. I bet shadow was something special to you and your family. May he rest in peace.

KaiserVenom and Spooky like this.
  3. Spooky

Minecraft:
    keonhee_
    thank you

KaiserVenom likes this.
  4. Joseph10003

Joseph10003 hi. Donator

Minecraft:
    RetroJoey
    I'm so sorry to hear this.
    Hope things become better for you :'c

Disphxrial, Spooky and KaiserVenom like this.
  5. Spooky

Minecraft:
    keonhee_
    thank you c:

KaiserVenom likes this.
  6. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    When I was in forth grade during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver I noticed my dog was very uncomfortable and looked sick as he couldn't even jump up onto the couch. We took him to the vet and found out he had pancreatitis. I didn't realize how serious it really was until a few days later when he died at the vet. I remeber waking up in the middle of the night just hearing my brother screaming and crying to my mom saying "He was my best friend" and my heart instantly sank because I knew what had happened. That night was the worst night I have ever had and the next day I even skipped school because I was too distraught. I have lost grandparents and uncles and other relatives but I have never lost someone as close to me as my dog. And the saddest part is that he was only two years old.

7. Spooky

Minecraft:
    keonhee_
    I'm so sorry for your loss, hope things get better for you. And at 2 years old? Wow, that's like a bit of a puppy stage.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  8. iWolf

iWolf Retired Donator

Minecraft:
    Gray
    I feel for you, one of my dogs actually passed away this summer and it wasn't the best feeling. It's good that you can share this with the community though and hopefully you cheer up soon. Sorry for your loss though, much love.

9. Spooky

Minecraft:
    keonhee_
    Sorry for your loss also. And it's hard when you're trying to break from terror (school) and your dog passes away. Same with my cat, I lost him right before school happened, wasn't the happiest.

Sakujo, KaiserVenom and iWolf like this.
  10. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    I know this might seem funny to a lot of people, but when I was in fourth grade I got my first pet and it was just a small fish. I used to literally just sit down and rant to it like it understood me. Sadly, when I had to travel back to Qatar, I wanted to give it to my aunt to take care of, but my mom wouldn't let me. When she thought I wasn't looking, she flushed it down the toilet {frickity frack).
    I also used to have 3 pet bunnies named Cottonball, Chloe, and the new one passed before I could name them. Chloe got pregnant and passed, sadly. I actually thought that Cottonball was a female for a while, but then I found out he wasn't. He was in my fam-jam for about 4 and a half months before he got sick and passed. :c
    Cottonball actually meant a lot to me. I used to come home from school and go on walks with him in a blanket during the winter. (^:

I'm sorry for your loss, and everyone else losses.

Sakujo, KaiserVenom and Spooky like this.
  11. Ashlynn_Playz

Ashlynn_Playz

Minecraft:
    TodayIsDifferent
    Well I've got 3,
    2012, I told you this, but I will share it for other people to see. My cat Merlin was 17 (confirmed with my aunt) and he died in my room, because of 'old' age but now thinking back, the way he was positioned dead was weird. It was almost like he 'tried' to jump up on my bed, and failed and then died afterwords. My uncle claims he had diabetes and thats why he died, but it doesn't matter, Merlin is now in a better place. 2012, again. (Sadly this cat died 2 weeks after Merlin) Rocco, our grey cat 7 years old one day just, shut down. He couldnt jump on the couch, couldnt play with our new cat we just got, named boo. He couldnt poop, or do basically anything except meow in pain. We took him to the vet several times and I didnt know what was really going on. I walked up my drive way, after the bus dropped me off and usually my aunt was standing there waiting for me, but that day it was my cousin. She had tears in her eyes so, there had to be something wrong. I walked passed the car and saw a little white box coffin looking thing, so I automatcally Racco had to be put down. 2012, apperently my uncle came home with a black little kitty. They kept it a secret for 2 months. Anyways, we ended up naming him Boo, becuase we got him near halloween (my uncle rescued him from the woods) he was skiddish and made friends with Racco quickly. Boo was always, afraid of vacuums. 2014 my aunt was for some reason vacuuming the garage, the garage door was open, and then door to get into the garage from our house was open, Boo was in the basement, heard the vacuum, ran out the garage. We tried to look for him the whole night. This creepily was around halloween. We couldnt find him, the next day looked and looked and looked, couldnt find him. We ended up giving up after 2 weeks, until my uncle states he was going up the drive way and saw a black animal go by, so we looked again and looked and so on. We ended up stopping AGAIN. November hit and I waited at the end of the driveway for my bus, and I saw a dead, black cat on the road. The end of this sad paragraph.

Sorry for your loss, Ellie. Rest in catnip shadow.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
    Sakujo, KaiserVenom and Spooky like this.
  12. katlynn

katlynn "Dear heart, why him?" Donator

I'm sorry to fear that, may he rest in peace.

I had 2 cats when I was younger, they were sisters (same age).
    One of my cats, Kimme had a tumor in her brain, so she had a huge bump on her head and I kept poking at it (I didn't know what it was at the time), (but I think my parents got it the tumor removed)

Kimme was my favorite cat, I can't remember a lot about Kimme but she was a nice cat.
    Then it was a few days before she died, she was laying on the sofa and my dad said Kimme is getting very old so she won't have very much time left (she was about 9? I don't know but she was very old) and I remember hugging her tight, crying, I don't want her to go, but she ended up dying of old age

A few days (3 days?) after Kimme's death, my other cat Clutchy.. I remember (this memory is very hazy) after a few days since Kimme died, my dad said Clutchy hasn't been eating. So I think she died of starvation (or of old age)
    Clutchy was very moody and everytime I tried to pet her she would bite me, but overall she was a nice cat (at least to my family)

I looked at Clutchy (before we buried her), she was smiling and I thought.. She was happy and she could finally be with Kimme again.
    ^ ive always thought that Kimme and Clutchy were meant to be together forever, like they died a few days apart, and we buried them right next to each other.

Ever since then, I've been afraid of losing my pets, I know that day will come and I'm just not mentally prepared for it

Spooky and KaiserVenom like this.
  13. capsa

capsa Donator

Minecraft:
    capsa
    I'm sorry to hear about this. RIP.
    On Friday morning, ( 26th of August ) my cat got run over.
    Now, this cat meant alot to me.
    In late 2015, I found him sitting in my backyard, very sick, in boiling hot weather, around 45 degrees. When I found him, he was around the age of 1 month, so very little.
    I took care of him, and treated him, and helped him get better, and fortunately, he was getting better and better.
    He was around 1 year old this year, so still quite young.
    This cat meant alot, because I basically gave him another chance at life. If I never went outside, he would have died, instantly.
    His name is Alfie.
    RIP Alfie, 2015-2016.
    This makes me think about how cruel people can be. How can you just run over an innocent animal, and be "okay" with it? It just disgusts me.

katlynn, Sakujo, Spooky and 1 other person like this.
  14. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I'm sad to hear about your cat ):

My cat passed away in the 15th of June this year. We found his body laying down on the grass one morning. He wasn't sick nor injured :/
    I've had him for about 6 years I believe...

Rest in peace, Skipper.
    Skipper.jpg

taylorr, Sakujo, katlynn and 2 others like this.
  15. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

I'm sorry to hear I've also lost my best friend ever (my pet) her name was chili she was a lazy dog but very nice and was when you cried or anything she was there, then one day I went up early to let our dogs out, but she didn't wanna move, I only heard her sneese and hard to breath, so I awoke my sister and all, we went to the animal hospital and they confirmed she had long cancer, I didn't know what too do, so we said if she doesn't become better after a few days we have to put her down, so three days has passed, we didn't see anything bright out of it, and we choose to put her down, so they came we said "we'll do it where she loves to sleep in" aka her bed we make ourselfs when she was a little puppy, and I had the needel and I putted her down we cried for hours till we made a grave outside our house in our garden having a picture on her and a few flowers we get there all days and show our respect for her as she was like a person that always cared, lissened on you, knew if you were bad, sorry I cried a little now due to it, but I'll always remember her for the things she did to me and much more.

16. Kimme

Kimme

Minecraft:
    kimgle (kimme)
    My first hamster died 2 days before Christmas 2014
    My second hamster died on my birthday this year
    My third hamster is still alive but will probably die around an important holiday

taylorr, blok, Sakujo and 2 others like this.
  17. Kaylyn

Kaylyn resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    kkaylyn
    although my aunts dog just passed, i have never lost a dog of mine, only hamsters and guinea pigs. but, ill just share three stories that are pretty gross, so just a heads up.

the first story is about my moms gerbils that she had for classroom pets at the school she works at. she gave them to me (for whatever reason, i cant remember. this was about 5-6 years ago.) they were named zack and cody, from the suite life on deck because they were identical. i wasnt the best at taking care of them back then, since i was a little kid. so, i forgot to feed them for a while (i was most likely at my dads house while this happened.) and cody ended up eating and killing zack. it was pretty traumatizing because i was the one who found it. since then, ive made sure to take care of my pets, because i dont want something like that happening again.

my second story is pretty recent. i had two hamsters named poptart and sweettart (poptart was the mean one, sweettart was the nice one, hence the name.) i had them for about a year and a half before sweettart died, and i was very upset. it wasnt long after until poptart must of got sick, because his butt was all poopy, and it was very gross. we gave him tons of bath (i know thats bad on a hamster and causes stress, but i didnt know what else to do) and we tried to clean the stuff out of his butt, and he would just bleed. we had no idea what to do, and we didnt want to waste money and go to a vet, so we just let him be, until he passed away. i cried for a while, but i knew he was in a better place now, and he wasnt in pain.

the last story (which isnt gross) is about my guinea pig, vanilla. she wasnt mine at first, she was my second teacher's class pet. over breaks and stuff, she would have a student take her home and take care of her, which was me because we knew how to take care of guinea pigs and we already had a few at home. at then end of the year, she was going to stay another year and retire, but she found out that she had breast cancer, and she wanted to retire a year early (so i was in her last class.) before school ended, she came up to me and said "i usually give vanilla to a student over the summer, but since im retiring, i would like you to take her over the summer, and keep her." so, i kept vanilla. my mom would bring her to stay at the school she works at. so, fast forward to the end of the forth grade year, i was walking inside to my house (my mom wasnt home yet) and i see vanilla's cage on the floor, and it was kind of weird because i didnt know she was supposed to be home. i was already having a bad day, so i wanted to go hold her and pet her. i open the cage and took her little house out, and she wouldn't move. i knew what had happened, and i started bawling my eyes out. i called my mom and told her what happened and she came home. it was pretty saddening, and i had to go to school the next day and tell everyone that vanilla had passed, and my mom had to call my second grade teacher and tell her aswell. it was a pretty sad time for me, because that guinea pig meant so much to me. that teacher was my favorite teacher, and is still one of my favorite teachers to this day, but sadly she is gone. she got rid of the cancer, only for it to come back and she passed in 6th grade. rest in peace. ; (

writing this brought out a lot of emotions i almost started crying.

18. John_0696

John_0696 Donator

When i was younger, i had a cat named Mr. Bigglesworth (Yes my bro was a fan of austin powers so he named it that. xD) he was the most sweetest cat we could ever had, in hard times he would show that he loved me. he would snuggle up in my room when im asleep and purr.

Now the way he went is both heart-breaking and Anger inducing, If you dont want to know, thats fine.

Well, when we moved into our new house we had next door neighbors who were the most selfish people ever.They put up a 500-volt electric fence around there front yard to keep animals and children out, they Installed surveillance cameras all around there house aiming at us, And they really, REALLY hated animals. Basically, They Snatched my cat Mr. Biggglesworth when he was outside one night and poisoned him with Anti-freeze. He then died weeks later. it was Inhumane and Absolutely fucked up with what they did, Luckily they were Arrested and evicted from their home months later.

Ever since then, i've missed that poor cat, I love him and i always will.

19. taylorr

taylorr ex md+ Donator

Okay, here we go.

I had this female hamster named Gizmo who was really mean and bit me and I had all these tubes and balls and fun things for her but she still never loved me. One day she ran away, and sometimes we would think we saw her running around. It turns out that Gizmo had babies with a mouse and he had hybrid mouse hamster babies running around. We eventually caught them and my parents "got rid of them".

I had another hamster named Whitey. Whitey was a lot friendlier and fatter so he couldn't run away from me. <<33
    I don't think I took well enough care of him and one day I came to check on him and his stomach exploded and he was dead.

After a few years of reflecting and maturing, I got a guinea pig named Grizzly and he was the cutest sweetest thing ever. I love him so much, and when I got another guinea pig named Zeus. They were everything to me. One month, the animals in my house started dying when us kids were out of town and the only people at the house were my mom and her boyfriend. I came back one Sunday to my mom telling me Zeus died and Grizzly was sick. I took care of Grizzly by hand for a week, but he died in my arms. Considering 2 of our cats died and my brother's rat died all in that same month when we weren't home, we concluded my moms boyfriend was an animal killer.

There was a time we had a family dog, she was a young rescue Pitbull and died before the age of 1 because of the extent of her injuries. She just wanted to play with us kids and got too excited around us. Rest in peace Lucky.

I had a pet bottom feeder for 8 years. Longest living fish ever C:

Most of these were years ago. It seems like my family is animal murderers but that isn't really true.
    I currently am the sole owner of a guinea pig and I don't let anyone I don't trust go near her. She's happy and healthy. ^-^

Kimme, iWolf, Spooky and 4 others like this.
  20. PhantomStar

PhantomStar Zzzzz... Donator

Minecraft:
    StarlightFoxx
    When I was 6 we got a little white cat named Rocket. He was the absolute sweetest cat anybody could ever ask for, but he was also a farm cat and decided to go outside one day.

He got run over.

Thinking he could save him, my dad rushed him to the vet, but Rocket died from his injuries in the car before they got there.

It was the first time I ever saw my dad cry.

Spooky likes this.