Help?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by SellZy, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SellZy

SellZy Donator

Minecraft:
    SellZy
    Hi. So lately because of the heatwave in the Netherlands, I haven't been feeling well. I am having this feeling that I'm having stomach cramps, headache, I can barely walk around, I can barely breath, I feel like I'm stuck in a little box and yeah, It's just, not normal. You guys know what to do about this?

Already tried:
    Sleeping (Can't sleep)
    Eating something healthy
    Drinking a lot
    Trying to calm down and relax

I hope you guys could help. Thanks.

ValentineAmy likes this.
  2. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

Oh god, I'm like a poison.

Meditate. Take deep breaths. Turn on the air conditioning. Do something that makes you happy.

SellZy likes this.
  3. SellZy

SellZy Donator

Minecraft:
    SellZy
    Yeah, meditation didn't work either, didn't add this. And it's hard to like, have deep breaths when you can barely breath. xD
    I don't have an air conditioning >.< But yeah, thank you anyways. =)

4. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

has u tred dat?!??!!?1111/1/?!

5. SellZy

SellZy Donator

Minecraft:
    SellZy
    Tbh, kind of tried that. I went shopping with my mum like, 2 days ago? It was hot af, same feeling tho..

6. cingle

cingle Donator

Minecraft:
    Cingle
    Even if it is just because of the heat, breathing problems can lead to serious medical conditions.
    You should tell your parents or a doctor before this gets any worse.
    Also try not to drink a lot of fluids because that could be counterproductive just try to drink an average amount of water.

SellZy and Whizzer like this.
  7. SellZy

SellZy Donator

Minecraft:
    SellZy
    Yes, I already told them. We'll be going to the hospital as soon as possible. And I've also started a diet on not drinking unhealthy drinks. I only drink water from now on.

8. apezord

apezord

Minecraft:
    dirose
    The only time when a convertible roof can be put down in the UK.

Fan, stay hydrated, don't sleep with thick bedsheets, don't drink hot drinks.

YoshcraftMLG and SellZy like this.
  9. Spikegold

Spikegold Donator

Minecraft:
    ThrowingBricks
    Being a guy who has lived and been to desert countries for 4 years and am used to up to 54 degrees (centigrade), I think I can squeeze in a few tips:
    • Cold showers
    • Pour water on face and then use fan
    • Sleep with only a sheet, no duvet, quilt or blanket
    • Lots of icy water (keeping a 3/4 filled bottle in the freezer for 15-30 mins is a good idea)
    That's just a few. Ask if you need more :).

SellZy likes this.
  10. Kimme

Kimme

Minecraft:
    kimgle (kimme)
    If you are having trouble breathing and need to take deep breaths, as a singer (I don't know how effective it will be in heat) to take deep breaths when we belt or such, you should yawn and breathing from your diaphragm. When people yawn when they're tired, it is because their brains are 'slowing down' and going to sleep so they forget to breathe and yawning gets you a good deep breath. As for breathing from your diaphragm, what that does is when you normally breathe from the top of your lungs and when you breathe in from your diaphragm (the bottom part of your lungs), you fill your entire lungs with air.

To help cramps, lift your arm on the side the cramp is and massage the cramp with the other hand, which should help reduce the cramp.

As for barely being able to walk, try not to exert too much energy and get exhausted because you could pass out. Try to avoid electronic devices and loud noises to keep your headaches from getting worse. Even though you are only drinking water, try and eat food with high water content so you aren't too hungry like celery, iceberg lettuce, cucumber or watermelon. Good luck with your heat wave!

SellZy likes this.
  11. Slothh

Slothh Donator

Minecraft:
    Slothh
    1. Drink LOTS of water (Your wee needs to be clear, if it's dark yellow then you're not drinking enough water)
    2. If you have a fan, you can put it next to you, so you can sleep better.
    3. Don't eat too much and don't run. Because you'll get sweaty
    4. To reduce the cramps , you can either rest. Or do just stretchs

SellZy likes this.
  12. SellZy

SellZy Donator

Minecraft:
    SellZy
    Okay. I've used the tips above. It did quiet help me. Thank you guys very much! I'll use them more often. Thank you for your time.

/c

13. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Try and close all doors, all curtains, and open windows unless there is no wind.
    Make the house as dark as you can.
    Try to get a fan, as those help a lot.
    Eat icy poles, as those are cold, nice and water-y.
    Try to wear as little clothing as you can get away with.
    Drink some water, try cold and icy water, rather than a lot more room temp, as you do not want to be constantly moving to the toilet.

Xandalf and SellZy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.