change

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by MC_Scout, May 30, 2014.

1. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    IGNOOR THE LINK FOR A FEW SECONDS READ THE BOLD AND THE OTHER LINE FIRST
    http://www.itsjerryandharry.com/threads/bring-back-the-old-oitc.17878/#post-182475So http://www.itsjerryandharry.com/threads/bring-back-the-old-oitc.17878/#post-18247
    So this is something ive been wanting to talk about for a week now. Change.
    @RobyNub1337 sort of suggested what im saying here: (actuly because my computer is being stupid click the link above)

But Change is something that is a very hard thing to get atoned to. Most people (my self included) like routine and everything is to stay the same. Problem here is change is going to happen: its called life.
    The big problem is that when change allot of people give one of two reactions: flight or flight.
    Fighting it will accomplish nothing H&J have locked any and every thread of people complain about the update, as they should.
    Flight is something they cant controll but this is where I want to focus: The idea of quitting oitc because of the update is, quite frankly, idiotic. The biggest complaint is the leaderbord being reset now there are two problems with that:
    The first is that most of the people on the forums and active in the OITC community are on the leaderbord or damn close to it. That makes these threads invalid cause the only opinion that the staff see are those of high levels.
    The second is the idea of the fact that you are playing a game to have a sign and a digital number on a fancy wall thats been bubed the leaderbord. Now is that impressive: hell yes. However OITC is about having one arrow and a sword, not having the most levels.

So what does this have to do with change?
    Well it shows that people over reacat for very little reason to. People are also only focusing on one thing. People are forgetting about how many times the stats for OITC have been suggested. People are forgetting about the massive amount of lag we had for a few weeks. Point being: when change occurs let it run its course, and then decide if its a horrible thing.

Lastly this whole thing is a good life lesson. In the real world chage will happen. Let this be a good learning experience for all.

Thanks for reading
    MC_Scout

NOTE TO STAFF: If you are wonder why i did not post this in the OITC section its because this does not just apply to the OITC community, it apply to everyone and what happend to OITC is a mere example.

ewon, amboyscout, Shadow_Folf and 2 others like this.
  2. RobyNub1337

RobyNub1337

Minecraft:
    Daorack & RobyNub1337
    Very well said, thanks.

3. amboyscout

amboyscout

OMFG YES! This is why i am planning on leaving this community. Almost no one on this server can deal with change. NO ONE. I personally would find it cool if J&H made a white listed invite only server and had every staff member invite 5 people.

4. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    its a public server. That wont happen

ewon and amboyscout like this.
  5. Fluttershy's Assassin

Fluttershy's Assassin

See, this would be a good idea. A public server and a private server, exclusive for staff and good friends. The problem is: Not one person can pay for a server themselves. I might talk with staff to see if they like this idea or not :P

amboyscout likes this.
  6. John3nv

John3nv

I personally do not see a need for a personal server for staff. All it would do is make less staff online the main server and instead on the small server. Also, I am completely open to change and I would actually love a change of pace on the server. Maybe a new mini game or anything really. Another cool and fresh change could be a new hub. This would be really cool.

amboyscout and MC_Scout like this.