A message for anyone who is or has been suicidal/depressed

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by ChargedMerc, Mar 26, 2020.

1. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    This addresses the things I thoughtlessly said in the past, that while I thought were funny, could have had terrible and dangerous consequences.
    I'm aware of the other apology thread I made, btw. This one is a separate one because it's a separate topic.

As you may remember, a few years ago, the acronym "kys" (which means "kill yourself") started to become trendy. Of course, many kids (including myself) began to use them recklessly, thinking it'd mean absolutely nothing. Heck, even YouTubers used it recklessly, by saying things like (and I quote) "consider suicide".

I don't recall the exact instances where I used this, and while I did use it with my friend group, they knew it was all in good fun. The rest, however, may have not known. I have no way of knowing if anybody actually carried it out which kills me inside, because I never wanted to cause a death, let alone a suicide. This probably seems like an overreaction, but I promise, it's a genuine thought. Which is why I wanted to write this.

To say something as a joke does not make it any better or less dangerous. It doesn't make the action okay, because it can be a trigger to suicidal people.

The point is, the simple use of "kys" was very dangerous and bad, and I am sincerely sorry for that. I don't know if this actually affected anybody, I don't even remember the usernames so that I can at least try to reach out. I really hope nobody actually took these things to heart, and I'm very sorry for not being more careful with my words... if you are suicidal, please don't carry on with it. Your life is valuable, talk to somebody, please. Don't take that final decision, you have people who love you and who always will love you. Life gets better, even when it seems like it doesn't, I promise. If anybody tells you to do something that severe to yourself, do not let it get to you, because insensitive people do not care about the possible consequences of their actions. You are a loved human being. You're not alone, and you can always get help. Know that I never meant anything that I said, and I truly hope you're okay.

Please get help, and please don't ever think that you're less of a human being for anything. Nobody deserves to die. I mean it, no one does.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Trevor likes this.