2,000 POSTS. Q&A Celebration AND my story of how I came to be here. :D (WARNING: KIND OF LONG)

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Miner, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Miner

Miner Retired 5-Year Veteran Donator

I finally got 2,000 posts.
    It's also a month before my *and the server's* 2 year anniversary.
    So...here comes a long wall of text on how my experience on the server has been. No, not the entire thing, just the most memorable parts from it.

I logged onto the server from the first time after seeing this video:

Dang was I happy! I rushed over to my laggy laptop, went to direct connect, typed in the ip address and joined in. My Luigi skin finally loaded and I pressed tab to see how many people there were. There were already like 50 people online, and everything seemed...awesome. Epic, maybe.

I spawned on a rainbow path with a chat message saying "Welcome Theminer30! Say hi =D". As I walked forward, I saw 7 signs all saying either "Welcome!" or "Hello!" (I can't remember :p) all in different languages. Of course, the middle one was English, but because I didn't know what Dutch was written as, I didn't know which sign said it in Dutch. I proceeded on, and fell down a hole that went so far down that I thought that I thought it was endless. Finally I landed at solid ground, and the y coordinate was 2. There were signs saying to do /spawn, and so I typed it.

Once I warped there in 2 seconds since that's how long the time it took to teleport was, it was the best (and only) spawn I had seen. It still is and was. Keep in mind there wasn't spleef, sg or skyblock at the time. "Creative" was a donator/admin world where they could free-build. I explored spawn and saw some nice structures, but I like ItsJerry's mansion the best since it was, well, a mansion! On the right of it, I saw a PvP arena with free stone swords that you could go down and PvP in. I threw my stone tools into the ocean (like a noob) and went ahead and jumped in. I was in there for my first week on Jerry and Harry which was really not that bright of an idea, and eventually I got bored of doing that. I saw a guy and I msgd him "Can I join your faction?" since back then, it was pure survival. Think of it as Peaceful, except with a bigger spawn than any other we have now, with little events from time to time with the PvP arena I was talking about.

We had this conversation for a while, and I joined his faction. I typed /f home, and I went to the faction home. It was still in-progress, most likely a new faction and I decided to help out the other faction members. Once the home was complete with stairs, a balcony, and a little tree-house at the top, we decided to start making a mine. When we were done, we found lots of iron, diamond, gold and coal. They decided that I should live in the house since my name literally said "Theminer30".

I wanted to donate so badly for at least the "Cool" rank, because I already loved the server and I wanted to keep it up. My mom said no every time, and my dad always worked late. Eventually, while I was mining, I saw an announcement come up in chat saying "Join Mob Arena! Type /ma join." I was curious to see just what Mob Arena was, so I went to the faction home and put everything away. I typed /ma join and saw some classes. I chose Scout since I liked to go fast. I was equipped with a diamond sword sharpness 2 and a wooden sword. I eventually after a few rounds got a lot of items from playing a lot and getting to a high number of rounds! I chose archer this time, and I liked it a lot better than Scout. The mob arena map was this mix of nature and mines. On the middle sides, there was this mine that went around in a circle. There were ores here and there with iron. In the middle, there was a cabin in a corner, an enchanting table with books for archers to get onto in another corner, and some more trees on the other side of the map. There was a river in the middle, with a bridge as well. Small, but it worked, with faces such as a cow on the walls. After a few days of doing this, eventually me and about 18 other people started MA and decided to see if we got to round 50! I chose archer as usual, and we accomplished our goal. There was me and another guy left. The other guy was in the mines while I was sniping enemies on the ground. It took a while, but as a prize, I got a DIAMOND BLOCK AND A DIAMOND SWORD for completing it! Well, along with some other stuff too. But it was amazing!

A bit afterwards, the faction started to grow and we got a nether portal. I didn't go in there with them since I had to go mining again. I was determined to find my first diamonds ever, and I wanted to do it on this server rather than on my single player world. I went into the mines and started to dig more to the left than anywhere else. We hadn't mined there yet, so I decided that there might be some diamonds over there instead. After mining about 15 minutes, I discovered a cave and started to explore it. I went to the right and near lava, I found my VERY FIRST DIAMONDS!!! There were 7 of them and I was so happy. I had 9 diamonds to waste then, and I used it on a helmet and a pickaxe. I then had an iron chestplate and boots with a diamond helmet and leggings (the leggings were from the block with the 2 to spare.)

ItsJerry came online for the first time (at least for me) and then asked people if they had questions. I asked him if he knew how to craft a brewing stand. He replied "Look it up on the internet." I said ok and looked it up. Unfortunately my browser took forever to get up, so I started asking some other people on public chat. Jerry thought I was talking to him AGAIN and started to shout at me "LOOK IT UP!". I said sorry and then finally my browser came up. How convenient...

And those are the most memorable parts.
    In the first version of J&H.

Then the update came along and brought Creative, SG, Spleef, PB and Skyblock. I also got the laptop that I use now, my MacBook Pro. I wanted to go to creative first, but there was a sign that said "You have to BUY a plot! Type /buy to buy a plot!" And so my dreams quickly vanished.

I decided to play sg instead. I bested most of my rounds with quick K.O.s and epic 1v1s. In one match, I met @Fluttershy's Assassin and @DWG715. I asked DWG if he wanted to team up with me since he was a donor. He replied "Sure, but in the next round, I'm teaming with percussers." So next round I teamed up with him and decided that we should all team together. It worked out well, and I had some new friends other than the people in my faction on the server. Eventually, I started to play Spleef, which was fun for a bit. I went ahead and tried Skyblock, but I wasn't really up for Survival in the sky, so I quickly quit.

A bit afterwards, a new lobby came. Skyblock and SG became their own servers and a new spawn was created. The old parkour was still there, but with a new parkour instead. This was around the time when the forums came up. I quickly applied for helper like a noob NOT LOOKING AT THE FORMAT. But I don't even know what happened to it. I really didn't post that often, and only went on for the shoutbox.

The time that every time non-donators could chat was 7 seconds, but Jerry raised it up to 8 when he was online. When he logged off, he forgot to put it back to 7 since that's really only when they do it when they come on to reduce spam by a bit. There eventually was another server created, the "Minigames" server. This was around the time when @Saul1337 started to make a new game, Temple Run! It took a couple weeks to a month to complete. At this time, new donation ranks were introduced, the ones we have right now. What the Minigames server was is it was everything put in there but Survival. Parkour and OITC were also introduced for the first time.

*Continuing in next post because of 10k character limit*

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    ZZTheNinja, _HUBBLE_, Huesan and 7 others like this.
  2. Miner

A bit later, a new spawn was implemented with a lot of effort put into it. This was in Mid-July, 2013, and I finally got a donation rank, Premium! I was so happy, and I played every Mob Arena we had. There were new ones now, End and Nether. A bit afterwards, the first one got cut and Nether stopped working. The only one there was by then was End. I loved it very much and a lot of the times played on it. The first mob arena was back, but called Nostalgic. All the grass and wood were replaced with wool, which disappointed me a bit, but I was fine with it.

All of a sudden, PB and MA were just...REMOVED from the server! This caused a lot of people to leave, since Survival had a Revamp going on too. There wasn't much to do anymore for the time being. When Survival came up, everything changed. The spawn was big, (but not as big as the first) the shop was GREAT, and we got a lot of things done. I joined a lot of factions, including Firekings, which was the biggest faction. I eventually got Legend and started to mess around with my perks a bit such as /fly, which I loved a lot. So then afterwards, I was stuck in a part of Survival, couldn't type or log out because of Essentials being a jerk. I had to leave Survival, and was surprised it broke a few weeks later. I got into SG, Parkour, and the new BuildIt for a while, but I spent most of my time in the lobby talking. I got Hero, and decided to see how I can do on Skyblock. I had a lot of fun on there, and that's where I mainly went. I also went to Creative2 from time to time making a quiz arena and had lots of quizzes.

The new lobby was added and stuff happened. It's all just a blur from there since so many inspiring things happened. On November, I saw the new forums, but forgot to ask my dad if I could make an account until December 21, 2013. I made a staff app first thing, which wasn't the brightest thing to do. I eventually posted on some other threads, and eventually made a thread that was bumped twice, Ocarina or Majora? I had lots of fun with the people in the community and got more connected than ever before. I typed a shorter version of this as a late anniversary (By like, 5 months) and had made another staff application since the first one got 1 review, a bad one indeed. That application got about either 600 or 800 views, with 42 comments, quite a feat if you made it in January and were not as known as you are now. On Christmas, I finally got the rank Herobrine.

Some helpers started getting chosen on March 4th, 2014. I was excited since they started choosing Helpers. Eventually the Helpers we have today were chosen.

More people started to join, and I got into OITC. Now everything is just...all in the past. All great memories of my friends and me.

So here are my friends. If I forget you, sorry, I'm narrowing it down to the ones that are special to me.

@andrewswift13
    @Ryfi
    @ProxKipper
    @LilaRok
    @DWG715
    @Fluttershy's Assassin
    @~Bear
    @Heatdude Da Waffle
    @~PandaCaity
    @Noahnoobfax
    @kklm225
    @Creeper5484
    @kritter124
    @DMachine487
    @Animoes
    @Jmoz123
    @Supabanana123
    @_HUBBLE_
    and that's it.
    This took me about 3,118 seconds (or 52 minutes) to make. Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  3. Heatdude Da Waffle

Heatdude Da Waffle Admin | Builds Things Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Heatdude
    Question: Waffles or pancakes?

4. Miner

Waffles c:

Heatdude Da Waffle likes this.
  5. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Question:

Food or more food?

6. Miner

Just food :D

7. DWG

DWG Resigned | Expert Taco Donator

Minecraft:
    Vnikenz
    #StillNotEvenAt800PostsYet

Miner and Noahnoobfax like this.
  8. Loling

Loling KingKylie

Minecraft:
    Loling
    Congratz! c: Do you like cookies? o:

Miner likes this.
  9. Shadow_Folf

Shadow_Folf

Congratulations Miner. Here is a question,

What is your favorite TV show/movie, including anime if you wish?

Miner likes this.
  10. Noahnoobfax

Noahnoobfax Guest

WOOOOW long history.
    Anyways you a speshul boiee for putting me on your friends list :D

Question
    Is squishy gra- Oh wait wrong question
    Coffee or no?

Miner likes this.
  11. AWildGiraffe

AWildGiraffe ✰DreadyDread✰---✰Lucina main in SSB4✰

Minecraft:
    DreadyDread
    omg im not sprshal ;n; I fel so sd nuw. cri

Miner likes this.
  12. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Ohhh, dannng. You've been around for a while.
    Congrats c:

Miner likes this.
  13. Miner

Yes I love them
    either Pokémon or Teen Titans Go.
    No. I prefer tea.
    Dun worry u be ad naw ;-;

Loling likes this.
  14. AWildGiraffe

AWildGiraffe ✰DreadyDread✰---✰Lucina main in SSB4✰

Minecraft:
    DreadyDread
    <3

15. Sailor Venus

Sailor Venus Meme Lord

Minecraft:
    Nature_1
    I read the whole thing. Brings back memories when I first joined the server when it first started. c:

Question: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) or ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

16. Miner

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I didn't know you were there right when it started! Well probably because you had gray chat...but STILL! Finally it's not just RainbowShim and me that Ik who have been.

17. Netherr

Netherr Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Minecraft:
    Netherlasting/Netherr
    Favorite music ? And congrats !

18. Miner

Type of music or song? Type: Any
    Song: Idk.

19. GlowInTheDark

GlowInTheDark Thought I was an atheist, til I realized I'm a god Donator

Minecraft: