Server Downtime Solution?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by nickel341, Apr 20, 2014.

?

Is this a good idea and will it work?

1. It's a good idea and it might work

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. It's a bad idea and it won't work

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickel341

nickel341 Sweetuss

Minecraft:
    Sweetuss
    Ok so I've been thinking "Is there anything at all we can do to solve this server downtime problem?" and I think I finally have an idea! My idea is to get a temporary host. Since Staminus is having some issues why not just get a different host while we wait? I don't know if this is a good idea or not because depending on how long it'll take until Staminus fixes the problem, this could make a temporary host not worth it. Possibly, you guys could get a smaller host company so it won't cost as much. I don't know exactly, it all just depends on how long it takes for the problem to be fixed! Thanks!

2. Snowwyy

Snowwyy Veteran member - Galladepow

Minecraft:
    GalladePow
    No, not worth it. Their host is going to be fixed pretty soon (I think) so no need on having a temporary host. We can all wait for a day or two, right?

3. KIngAllMighty

KIngAllMighty

NO we cant wait we need the sever to be open

4. craze7558

craze7558 Magical Cookie Cat

We Should Have Temp Host Cause Alot Of People Probally Want To Play On Dah Server ;)

Kraze

5. Kritt

Kritt Bored Donator

Minecraft:
    Kritt_
    That's a bit pushy. They are doing their best to fix it, and if all everyone does is complain, it will only take longer. I get that some people are impatient, but, I mean it's Easter. Shouldn't you be with your families instead of on Minecraft for the majority of the day?

6. Leandro

Leandro Donator

Minecraft:
    ItsLeandro
    Just to let you guys realize. Hosting a server isn't just nothing, especially the J&H one. It costs a ton of money.

7. nickel341

nickel341 Sweetuss

Minecraft:
    Sweetuss
    Yeah I realize that. I just thought I'd post the idea because I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. ;)

8. TurdBurglar528

TurdBurglar528 add my steam if you happened to once know me

This problem is almost fixed, so it might take more time to add a temporary different server host. Then like by tomorrow they will need to make the server down because they would need to switch back to staminus.
    Disagreed

9. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    The fact is that this could happen to anybody, some things just happen. Where the quality lies is how this company reacts to the problem. While I do not own play.itsjerryandharry.com and I do not know what is happening behind the scenes, I can say as someone that works in a fast food restaurant (McDonalds) some times things happen. What determines a good business form bad ones is if someone is satisfied or not is if you make it up to the customer, and can you fix something ASAP. Here is seems that Staminus has not done well in that aspect. On the flip side the server quality, in terms of lag,is to be frank, fairly crappy at best. There has been a tremendous amount of lag in OITC (ie ruberbanding) that was not a problem at first.
    So why is the relevant? Because I think its time for H&J to give a "cease and desis" order to Stamius. I agree that it alot of work for a temp host to happen. I think it should be one or the other; stay or leave.

10. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    We can't just move to a temporary host, it's not that simple. There's tons and tons of data that need to be transferred, and the server would actually need to be online to get this data transferred. Not to mention hiring a server costs a shit-ton of money.

We were already dissatisfied with Staminus, this is simply too much. They are treating their customers like crap, the only form of communication is their Twitter, which they use to ignore everyone. We pay thousands and thousands of dollars each month for our servers, this is not how the customers expect to be treated.

That being said, I shouldn't be ranting about these kind of things. Closing this thread

Kritt, sebastiann, Dyrhoi and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.