[SB] Mob spawns in the nether are affected by biome

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Pugnata, Dec 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pugnata

Pugnata Pug the Pug Donator

Minecraft:
    Pugnata
    Your username: Pugnata

In which minigame/server does the bug occur: Skyblock

Detailed description of bug: In this post https://itsjerryandharry.com/threads/skyblock-change-nether-biome.131956/ , it was said that biome doesn't change what mobs spawn in the nether, unlike vanilla minecraft. But I have noticed that biome does affect it.

My whole nether is in a soul sand valley, and I've only seen mostly skeletons and a few ghasts spawn. On another island, there were two biomes: nether waste and crimson forest. In the nether waste biome, the zombified piglins, normal piglins, wither skeletons and ghasts spawned, also a hoglin and skeleton spawned in the nether waste biome. In the crimson forest biome, hoglins spawned, but nothing else spawned there (atleast haven't seen anything else spawn). On another island with a basalt delta biome, I saw piglins and skeletons spawn (so not the vanilla mobs). These were all on seperated areas, so it wasn't possible for 1 mob to walk from 1 biome to another.

So honestly, I have no idea whats wrong. It seems everything is able to spawn in nether waste biome, but not in some other biomes. Or maybe the spawn rates are super different for these biomes for the different mobs. For reference, I copy pasted the info on what spawns where in vanilla minecraft in the spoilers below (info is from the wiki).

upload_2020-12-27_0-18-22.png
    upload_2020-12-27_0-22-0.png
    upload_2020-12-27_0-30-31.png
    upload_2020-12-27_0-48-11.png

Alperen_ and Username like this.
  2. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    This isn't a bug. There are only specific mobs that will spawn in the nether. Changing the biome does not change those mobs.

This is not different from, for example, the overworld. If you're on an ocean biome with coral island and you change your biome to plains, you'll suddenly find you no longer have any fish spawning because they don't spawn in the plains biome.

Our custom spawn system is designed to mimic the vanilla spawn system in most ways, but with entity caps based on environment (donor islands or nether).

tldr; yes, biome will cause some mob types to spawn more than others, but no new mob types are possible to obtain based on region.

Sorry for my lack of clarity :)
    /c

Alperen_ and Username like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.