Reccomendations!

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Roviaa, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Roviaa

Roviaa

Minecraft:
    Roviaa
    Hi guys!
    So for me and a lot of people it is the long summer break. Me being me, of course I am already bored, so I decided to create this thread!

I will post what things I am doing / what I am going to do in case anyone else is bored.

Also
    Please post what you're doing and going to do so myself and others can just find some things to do! :)

TV shows
    If you have read my 'introduction' you will know TV shows are basically my reason for living.
    So here are some that I really recommend, have started over the holidays or plan to:

Ones I have already watched

- The Walking Dead
    You should watch this if you like the thriller or gore type of programmes. It has a lot of great character development for all characters so you grow to love them all, except maybe a few. It currently has 7 seasons out but it is a show where you can easily become obsessed so it won't take you long to watch! There are a range of characters from villains, leaders, complete bad asses and some characters are quite funny. Also, it has a lot of representation from the LGBT+ community, there are currently 2 alive gay characters and 1 lesbian.
    My favourite characters are: Daryl, Jesus and Tara.

- Sherlock
    You should watch this as it is quite a unique show compared to things like The Walking Dead. It is extremely funny with the mix of characters and one of the actors is Martin Freeman, how can it not be funny? The cases that Watson and Sherlock solve are actually very interesting and the characters also go through a lot. The main focus is obviously the crime solving but it also talks a lot about addiction, for example addiction to drugs. It's a great show and amazing how it can turn dark situations into light-hearted moments.
    My favourite character is: Sherlock.

- Bates Motel
    You should watch this if you like the idea of a sort of thriller yet 'spooky' in a way show? There are lots of different things going on in the new town that the family moved too, and Norman Bates also has a 'problem' where he does things that he can't remember doing which is great because there's a lot of dramatic irony and you find out new parts to the plot constantly. There are soft, sweet characters and crazy, insane characters. There is a lot of murder and shouting as usually people are very angry. You get to see at least 2 differnet sides to every character which I enjoy.
    My favourite characters are: Dylan and Emma.

Started over the holidays
    - Game Of Thrones
    So far it is insanely good and I completely recommend it! However, nudity and sexual warning!
    My favourite characters (so far) are: Arya and Jon Snow.

- Preacher
    It is really good and there's a lot of things that go on but there are characters which just make everything funny! And the plot is so original!
    My favourite characters are the main 3 to be honest: Preacher (Jesse), Cassidy and Tulip.

Plan to watch
    I won't write a section on these like I have done for the others but I plan to watch or a least start:
    - Supernatural
    - Lucifer
    - Doctor Who

As well as TV shows I have been to Alton Towers which is a theme park in the UK, it is really good and if you like rides I recommend it!
    Me and my friends don't usually go to parks we more go to woods and climb tree's. Oops? But we can't go to the woods we usually go to now as a man was on the news since a buzzard (a bird of prey) has scratched all down his head whilst he was there so no thanks!
    I have also been camping with a group of my friends which was actually amazing! I mean it took me 1 hour to put up 2 tents since I was designated to put them up, don't know how that happened! If you can you really should do it, it was amazing.

Some other things I haven't done but are great to do:
    - Bake (if you like it)
    - Edit things like pictures or videos
    - Dog walks
    - Buying new computer or xbox games

I hope everyone who is on it has a great holiday! :)

2. aund

aund aund / wthf Donator

Minecraft:
    wthf
    The walking dead is probably one of the best shows EVER.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    Roviaa and retirednow like this.
  3. PopeUrbanII

PopeUrbanII deus vult Donator

Minecraft:
    ComradeMessiah
    I like how people complain they're bored all summer, but when school rolls around, they start complaining and miss summer.

NickerPan, lpsprincess and ItsJerry like this.
  4. Katerina

Katerina Former Mοd Donator

Watch a fuck ton of movies with my bf. He hasn't seen many so it was a great opportunity for me to show him some masterpieces
    So far we have watched my faves:
    Fight club
    Shutter island
    Monty python and the holy grail
    The life of Brian
    Sixth sense
    Last shift
    Shining
    Rear window
    My neighbor totoro
    Spirited away

I'm mostly a fan of horror films like
    Insidious
    Conjuring 1&2 (even tho the second one wasn't so nice)
    Last shift
    Shining
    Donnie darko
    Lights out (was an ok movie)
    And more which I can't think of

Also my favorite director is Alfred Hitchcock. All his movies are masterpieces and you should absolutely watch: The birds, vertigo and rear window

If you are in a cartoonish/anime mood then you should definitely watch some studio ghibli movies like totoro and spirited away

And ya that's all hf

Roviaa likes this.