Payout DQ's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JustVapinq, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    This reminds me, actual faction power is no longer impacted by strikes (per your suggestion). It only impacts faction value on ftop.
    Anyway, when a strike is issued, it's announced to your faction in-game automatically by the strike system.
    This is already the case on factions. I was talking about kitpvp/prison having a strike system too and ofc top showing real value.
    If this is a last minute ditch effort, that's fair.

ftr - I'm not opposed to posting DQ's/Strikes in public. Community is fine with announcing both, yes?

JustVapinq and t3mptr3s like this.
  2. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    ight yeah thats good cause as long as the faction in question gets notified thats the main thing

i dont play prison so i have no idea but on kitpvp maybe, but like what would cause a strike?

3. Trevor

Trevor WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG Donator

Minecraft:
    Trrevor
    how would you get a strike in prison?

4. ILABORIOUS

ILABORIOUS BEST EU Donator

Basically, what you're saying people are able to gain evidence in order to report something, that maybe them cheating with good/enough evidence or even them using profanity, but we're not able to collect indirect information about the factions that have broken the rules, there are shields so people would be more motivated to play instead of staying on 24/7, which is btw why OTF & SOD aren't on when before they had 4x their numbers higher during grace, can't be a coincidence? So in conclusion, we need to plan our raids and knowing such information is important.

Don't compare Factions to KitPvP or Prison with the system, Factions is by far the most toxic with people searching to bypass rules. And if they're DQ'd their base shouldn't disappear magically.
    --- Post merged ---
    And if you think what I said was too harsh about us as players planning out while factions are DQ'd, my ban has been planned out and because of that, I've been raided. Welcome to Factions. (another reason I'm telling you compare with other game modes isn't the greatest counter).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  5. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Oh, I can think of lots of things. Farming kills, glitch abuse, minor ban offenses. Maybe even big ban offenses. That way, if you buy an unban, maybe you still have the ability to compete for payout, just at a big disadvantage. tbh, I like this idea enough I think I'll roll it out and see how it works anyway.

If you're talking to me, here, then no. I literally said:
    No one is comparing Factions to kit or prison.
    It doesn't. I have no idea where you got this idea from.

Trevor likes this.
  6. ILABORIOUS

I may have made a mistake with "And if they're DQ'd their base shouldn't disappear magically." and the whole thing is directed with your responses. Usually, when the faction is disqualified from payouts, their faction is supposed to be disbanded so people can just go to their base and take their value, but I don't think that is the case on this server as it isn't as "competitive" - yet.

7. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Then I wasn't comparing facs with kit+prison. I was saying that we should make better use of strikes on factions and that it might be a cool idea to also add strikes into kit and prison.

We don't disband DQ'd facs, correct. But that does seem logical and like a good idea. I just think it should take a lot to get DQ'd and that we should focus more on using strikes instead of DQ's. That way factions can still compete, but at a huge disadvantage. Obviously, there needs to be some edge cases where a DQ is worthy.

I don't see an issue with disbanding DQ'd factions and transferring their claims to staff so that thery can't be claimed but can be raided. Thoughts on how this might work? Or how it works on other servers?

Trevor and saadfinalforever like this.
  8. saadfinalforever

saadfinalforever

+1

9. ILABORIOUS

Well on other servers, it's literally just pure wilderness, so the faction raiding specifically can blow up whatever they want, but that sounds like a good idea because it'll allow the faction to PvP people off their base I guess, but no counters within their base or be able to patch.

10. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    If it's just wilderness, why wouldn't a raiding faction just claim and then mine the value before anyone else can breach?

Trevor likes this.
  11. ILABORIOUS

You do realise they're like 20x20 alone bases, then add on the walls, and only allowed a single main base, other factions cannot steal the raid as well.

12. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    So, a faction gets DQ's, and the value is basically freely given to <insert random faction> for <reasons unknown> ? Like, what if no one was raiding the DQ'd faction? There is no raid to steal. If it's reverted to wild, anyone could steal?

Trevor likes this.
  13. ILABORIOUS

Well usually raids go for about 10 hours straight and the faction would start making a lot of mistakes to eventually getting enough strikes to be disqualified, and if no one was raiding them then not really sure. Either way, I think your idea is better.

saadfinalforever likes this.
  14. AmiliaKirz

AmiliaKirz

Hey there