Payout DQ's

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JustVapinq, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    Make a channel on your discord where you let us know whos disqualified and whos not, its pretty annoying if everyone thinks a player is DQ'd but turns out hes not (some people doesnt even know if they are DQ'd)

you should do this with faction strikes too

Andy and Ryva like this.
  2. Witha

Witha #BlackLivesMatter Staff Member Moderator

Minecraft:
    Witha
    I am against due to the fact we are not about publicizing punishments or publicly humiliating anyone

Karwa and Trevor like this.
  3. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    how is that humiliating?

4. Trevor

Trevor THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING Donator

Minecraft:
    Trrevor
    if a staff says something like "(person) got banned", if people hate/dislike that person, they're going to laugh.

5. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    strike/disqualification is literally not the same

6. Trevor

Minecraft:
    Trrevor
    kind of is, in fact, I think it's more humiliating getting dqed. the person is usually there to witness it.

7. ILABORIOUS

ILABORIOUS BEST EU Donator

Either you're stupid or retarded, if you're playing for competition and for a prize, you would need to know which team is disqualified so you don't make any mistakes if someone gets banned, that is their fault, that will teach them not to do it again. JustVapinq isn't saying to release information on who's banned, it's who's disqualified from pay-outs, not for the reason they're disqualified, Mr. small brain.

And please tell me how I am going to laugh if the person is said to be banned, the only time I'd laugh is if I know what they did, if the punishment isn't stated please tell me how I'd know.

8. User

User Donator

Harry has already publicly mentioned some disqualifications in the past, it really isn't that big of a deal. In my opinion @ILABORIOUS gave a pretty clear and reasonable explanation as to why it's important to know who's been disqualified and who hasn't.

As a side-note, if there isn't a desire to create a Discord text channel dedicated to this, it could alternatively be announced on the minigame's respective reset thread in the News forum where the payouts are also announced (can be done in many other places as well).
    It isn't. At the end of the day, people are going to find out once the payouts are announced anyway, so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Andy and JustVapinq like this.
  9. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

Even if it isnt public, just at least send a pm to the owner when something happens, i remember being unsure whether my own faction was dqed or not.

very good idea

10. Trevor

Minecraft:
    Trrevor
    no need to say this when somebody is saying an opinion
    learn how to speak English correctly, I have no idea what you're saying here so I can't make a valid argument.
    you think I don't know? because I do, and sometimes if somebody is dqed they got banned. I was just giving an example
    if you don't know who's dqed, aren't you going to work harder?

overall, I don't completely disagree with this idea, but some parts don't make much sense to me

11. ILABORIOUS

Nah I've seen your other posts and I think it's fair to say now you're acting stupid after suggesting good ones, it's like you've been compromised. No, I don't need to work harder if I know a faction is disqualified, or if their leader is disqualified so that will demotivate a faction to work harder, and I can start making raid plans or when to target them, think outside the box. And what do you mean, I'm speaking basic English and if you don't understand what "that is their fault that will teach them not to do it again - for being disqualified for whatever the reason is" I don't care about your counterpoint.

That is just an example for Factions ^ Kit PvP applies on players.

12. Trevor

Minecraft:
    Trrevor
    please show me an example, of my opinions being "stupid". opinions can't be stupid
    not what I said, please read
    you weren't saying it to a direct group of people, you made it unclear to me what you were trying to say

13. ILABORIOUS

Some people's opinions are stupid and you're one of them, but I'm not here to point it out, and jokes on you because I don't know what you were saying either, I guess we both have something in common we both can't speak English, anyways you literally said and I quote "kind of is, in fact, I think it's more humiliating getting dqed. the person is usually there to witness it."
    --- Post merged ---
    And I responded with "that is their fault, that will teach them not to do it again." so you either forgot what you were talking about or like I said before I will repeat it again, IDC if you warn me Witha you can carry on warning me on forums and in-game, you're stupid Trevor.

saadfinalforever likes this.
  14. t3mptr3s

t3mptr3s ~ Spectating Mom Extraordinaire ~ Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    t3mptr3s
    Make sure you refrain from toxicity and be respectful while commenting. Make sure your posts stay on topic.

OVince, Witha and Trevor like this.
  15. Ryva

Ryva Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Ryva
    Faction strikes and DQs should be public

Not public in a way where it's like "LOL lets go harass them because they got striked!" but in a public way where factions and their leaders can keep a note of their own strikes/dq as well as other factions.

Maybe not a separate Discord channel itself in the discord, but I think what Skillz said would work where theres a thread for each map pinned in the factions category with strike/dq information for everyone

And no, it is not humiliating, shouldn't have broken the rules maybe lol

There really is no debate for this and I won't be replying to anyone who quotes me

If you won't add a public dq/strike thread, then at least let factions know when they themselves have been striked/dqed (if you don't do this already, I don't know)

16. JQcking

JQcking KitPvP / Factions, Player. Donator

Minecraft:
    JQcking
  17. saadfinalforever

saadfinalforever

It should be public. If I am gonna be honest, I don't really compete for ftop and I am just going that knowledge to make fun of whoever gets DQd. However, I do think it is important for people who want to get ftop to know this information so they know whether or not they should raid an enemy faction

18. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Are you suggesting that you would not raid the a faction if they were DQ'd? You just gonna let someone else take all that value, I suppose?

Raids aren't going to be based on someone getting a strike or DQ. They're going to be based on the value gain potential from the raid.

Factions are notified when they get a strike. In theory, we should be focusing more on strikes and less on DQ's. Strikes are pretty harsh and if you can place with 50% of your value gone on 3 strikes, then other factions don't deserve to win period, imo.

Would anyone be opposed to the idea of implementing strikes into prison and kitpvp and have top be based on their modified value?

Trevor likes this.
  19. creeper1561

creeper1561 Donator

If there are like 3 factions on ftop and i gotta raid them soon to secure ftop 1 im going to prioritize the ones who i know can compete

yes top should show their real value instead of unaffected value.

saadfinalforever likes this.
  20. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    I wasnt notified so we got overclaimed what?