Nicest celebrity you’ve spoken to (irl or online)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Stolas, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    I feel like a lot of celebrities are either assholes or sweethearts, so what celebrity have you met that has disappointed you or made you love them even more?

Personal experience: Last year around July of 2020, one of my favorite artists, Doja Cat, got COVID-19, and was quarantined. During this period, I was able to get her XBOX gamer tag and play a few games of Fortnite & GTA with her. Spent a good 7-8 hours talking to her. She is extremely kind and social, and is able to get along with anybody. We talked about hate she was receiving and she was very down to earth and honest. She deserves everything she has today, and I have so much respect for that woman. Super inspriational.

Lucyy likes this.
  2. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

Dunno if this counts, but my friend who often meets celebrities (she lives in Manchester) records videos of her meeting them and one of them named Joe Tasker (presenter of Blue Peter and the CBBC in general) offered to make a small video of him reaching out to me, it was lovely

Lucyy likes this.
  3. Trevor

Trevor Donator

what counts as a celeb? the most popular person I'm friends with is Pancho

4. Stolas

Stolas waffles > pancakes Donator

Minecraft:
    sugarish
    You don’t need to be friends with them, just anybody that could be recognized by others.

5. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    used to be close with YNWBSlime, YNWMellys little brother, and he was actually super chill

we'd call on discord with XXX's relatives and play games like R6 and Roblox

overall it was a nice group of micro celebs (100k-1m on insta) who were very polite

Yupac likes this.
  6. Ramen_

Ramen_ Ramen Donator

Minecraft:
    NeedMoreRamen
    Mike Tyson used to come to a couple of events we did when I was in the culinary program at school.

He's pretty chill, enjoyed talking to us about the food we made and was a very nice guy.

Yupac likes this.
  7. Saul1337

Saul1337

I was actually invited to the VIP minecraft gamer house where I met ItsJerry and ItsHarry, very down to earth guys.

I met a bunch of ''celebs'' I guess when I was over at Epic Games, the ones that stood out to me the most are IamWildCat and InTheLittleWood.
    Wild and and Martyn were very fun and social, had some good talks and laughs with them. A bunch of other creators too, the rest was kind of how you expect people to act when they feel they are more important than you are. Al though I must admit, I was pretty cringe too sometimes but not a lot.

None youtuber celebrities, is not a lot now that I think about it. Mostly Hans Klok, he is a dutch magician kek.
    We had a dog and he was part of the dog club for our specific breed, so he would be there at meet ups where we would all take our dogs on walks on the beach or forest. I was young and we didn't want to bother him a lot by asking him to do magic tricks, but he would initiate the talk and the tricks so it was cool. Very nice man, very calm and collected.

sool, Stolas, ZakMuir and 3 others like this.
  8. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

I've met the dudesons they were pretty chill. Basically the jackass of finland.
    Very chaotic and funny people

ItsJerry likes this.
  9. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    Met a couple of footballers in my time, I think personally though James McClean (Wigan and Ireland) was one of the nicest ones,

Had a lot of players for Derry City come into the bar I work in , and remember having a conversation with a very drunk Daniel Lafferty (used to play for Burnley)

Met the likes of John Aldridge, Robbie Fowler and Didi Hamann before previously too, who are all absolutely gents and were really talkative and sound (which was great for an 11 year old me with social anxiety)

If we’re talking musicians, managed to meet Gary from Snow Patrol and Yannis from Foals a while back too, both down to earth lads

Other than that I’ve been not too lucky, would love to meet Liam Gallagher or Jurgen Klopp though

10. teitan

teitan ‏‏‎ Donator

ujmmmm definitely not celebrities but i know like three people who went viral on tiktok: one was a former classmate (super insufferable but he went viral because he was a "hot" "punk" guitar player, he also has a band but no one I know actually likes them lol), one was a former co-worker (also insufferable but went viral because he plays guitar), and an ex (very cool person but we dated years before she started tiktok lol)

edit: i just realized the title asked who was the NICEST one whoops lmao definitely not the first two guys i mentioned

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Lucyy likes this.
  11. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I've had a short conversation with Penn and Teller after one of their shows in New York. Great guys, they were very clear about their ideologies haha. Penn is incredibly charismatic. I've also sailed on a commando rubber boat with the commander of the Israeli Navy, wasn't as cool as I expected it to be.

Soap, ItsJerry, sool and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bruhtrash

Bruhtrash 100% FC!!! Donator

Minecraft:
    MrHakenRock
    hahahahahahaha oh boy oh boy this thread was meant for me, lets dive into this shit:

if you've known me for long, you know i go to a lot of concerts, and attend a lot of meet and greets with musicians, and they're all so nice, but ima pick out the best ones. i will also include screenshots n shit of some stuff just to prove my point

Neal Morse, the progressive rock musical genius, saw him live ima say like 8 times maybe? i lost count, but he is the nicest person ever. i love to talk and he loves to listen, and he loves to talk and i love to listen. he had a solo tour back in 2018 so i was able to talk to him for a good 45 minutes about literally anything! i have a bunch of selfies with him but i dont feel like going through my whole phone for them

the band Haken, literally the band i have tattooed on my wrist and my whole reason for existing, know me personally AND also follow me on my main instagram account! i have some screenshots of them being super nice to me on instagram over the course of 2020. aside from the virtual kindness, their lead singer is my favorite human being alive and every time i have seen him in person, he greets me with a hug! the band appreciates me as a fan, an artist, and a person overall!! there's a LOT LOT LOT more DMs and shit that i dont feel like showing, but you get the point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the band Sifting. i have SO much to say about these beautiful people. i saw them live as an opening band back in 2018 and i fell in love with their bassist, which is how i got into their music. i met up with them after the show to tell them how awesome they are and i wish them the best and how they're gonna be the next Dream Theater (a very successful prog metal band). they gave me guitar picks and business cards that i still cherish to this day. i've done a lot of art for them over the years because that's one of the only ways i know how to show appreciation and love without spending money or anything. i actually did some fanart for their wonderful lead singer just recently, who follows my art account on instagram! they even want to DEDICATE A SONG TO ME!!!! there's a LOT more chatlogs between the members and I but ima be keeping those private and this post is already long as fuck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

almost done, i swear. lets move into the band Weapons of Anew. I saw this band in, you guessed it, 2018. they were one out of MANY opening bands that performed that night because it was a big show. like Sifting, i fell in love with one of their members, their lead singer at the time, which made me love their music. their drummer threw one of his sticks in the crowd and it fell into my brother's arms, but he let me keep it because i became obsessed with them. i was gonna go talk to them after the show but i got really nervous and shy so i chickened out sadly. the official band account followed my main instagram, along with their (now former) lead singer!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike Mangini and John Myung from Dream Theater. i'd say the whole band but those two were the nicest out of the 5 members. Mike is very happy and never stopped smiling when he was talking to me, which meant a lot from such a legendary drummer. I was talking to Myung about how talented he is and how much of an inspiration he is to me to play the bass and he said that I was talented. imagine one of the best bass players in the world calling YOU talented?! jesus christ i almost died.

Steve Morse, (no relation to Neal). y'all may know him from Deep Purple or Dixie Dregs, but I saw him in 2019 for a Flying Colors tour and he was so nice to me and we even had the same haircut at the time! i made him and the band mini clay sculptures of themselves and he asked me if it was a voodoo doll LMAO! he was super sweet and even let me take a selfie with him.

I've met other great legendary musicians, but these have impacted me the most. sorry this is so long, but i got a history with these people, and i LOVE to flex it

UPDATE:
    Bumblefoot, one of my favorite guitarists ever, followed me today and we talked about horror movies
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  13. Yupac

Yupac Moderator Lite Staff Member Helper

Minecraft:
    Yupac, 7upac and RIPDMX
    I met Mac Miller in Oslo after he got a tattoo 3-4 years ago and I actually had a short conversation with him about Norway lmao, he was very chill and cool to talk to, I miss him, RIP.

In February I am going to a Snoop Dogg concert in Oslo with my dad and one of my dads relatives invited us to an afterparty, so I might get the chance to talk to him, so I really am very excited for that

t3mptr3s and sool like this.
  14. samloop123

samloop123 . Donator

Minecraft:
    SamLoop
    i spoke to @Trevor he is famous where im from

15. witchchick128

witchchick128 Amity Blight Donator

Minecraft:
    AzuraBookClub
    ive had convos/calls w multiple 100k+ subscriber yters (redd is dead, parkergames/mineplexofficial, itsalexclark) and i also got to speak to one of my favourite youtubers happyheart multiple times

doesnt count as my experience but my mom also met kanye before his fame in like 2004 at disneyworld, apparently a very down to earth humble guy back in the day

Trevor likes this.
  16. Trevor

Trevor Donator

still is, he's just bipolar

witchchick128 likes this.
  17. Averill

Averill .̸̨̪͍͊̃̐͌̎͋͗̃̆̌͂̑͊̓̇͐̐͝͠ Donator

Someone that disappointed me, but also expected: Ellen DeGeneres and Lil Mosey.
    Someone that blew me away: Virgil Abloh, Alton Mason, Luka Sabbat, Mac Miller, King Krule, and Jpeg Mafia.
    Someone that I would kill to meet again: Virgil Abloh, Mac Miller, and King Krule.

Yupac likes this.
  18. Yupac

Minecraft:
    Yupac, 7upac and RIPDMX
    Bro Mac Miller was so nice and chill, I really do miss him :/

Averill likes this.
  19. Averill

Averill .̸̨̪͍͊̃̐͌̎͋͗̃̆̌͂̑͊̓̇͐̐͝͠ Donator

He was really sweet, he used to follow me on Instagram actually :(

20. Yupac