My "server" story

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Smg, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Whenever I'm bored, I look through the old discussions in the sub-forum places, like this one. I think I saw some things called a "server story", where people talked about their journey on the IJAH server, and how they came to be. I found that really interesting, and now I have some time to write it.

If you're interested, feel free to read on. :)

The beginning.
    It all started out in December of 2014. I don't know the exact date, but that's the area of time when I started fully dedicating myself to this server. I started out in the land of Creative2, but shortly moved to Creative1. I don't remember why I moved, but I'm sure glad that I did. Shortly after joining the Creative1 community, I got into the popular 'roleplays'. Now, I was crazy about them. I did them whenever I had time to, and I had a really fun time. I liked getting into character, depending on who the person you were. This lasted up until May of 2015.

The rank.
    I don't remember the exact time period, but I know i got my first rank sometime in May/June/July. My first rank was [Premium]. Now, at the time, the non ranks weren't treated the best from the ranked players. WE were normally harassed, and excluded from "special events". The main reason I got my rank was because I wanted to be accepted. And trust me, I was accepted. Even though I had my rough times as a non ranked player, I actually had some ranked friends. I remember @Cheezipoofs being one of them, and my dear old friend, Sheriff (BowDownItzSenpai). I know that there were many more than that, but those who were I mainly remembered. When I got my rank, I was immediately pushed to the top of the 'food chain'. I became the "king" or "Mr.Creative1" from other people's viewpoints. I also had my 'Smg99/SmgPlayz' username at this time.

Drama.
    This part mainly started around August of 2015. Summe rwas almost over, so I was a bit scared to go back to school. That probbaly helped this. Around this time, I met some of my bestest friends to this day, @KidTryHard @Katzzz @DatzRossome @Ramen and many more. And I can't forget @Darkstorm77, even though I didn't really do my roleplaying thing with him. My friends and I had a thing going, where we basically roleplayed in all chat. By this time, I was completely over roleplays. The popularity of being the 'King' of Creative1 was slowly getting to my head, and I basically was doing what I said I hated. Roleplaying. I had a set of Alter Egos going, which I'll name, some of them atleast. They were Jorge, ShiasMomma, Kelly, Agent99, and DoctorJames. Of course, there were many more that were still to come. We did this act a lot, and had a lot of fun with it. I even remember Ross and I did a 'Jin and Ross' act, where we acted like the youtubers. I even remember taking a picture with some of us, and acting like we were them. Sky, Barney, Ross, and Jin. These times were great, and I didn't forget about the Alter House. This was around the time we started the construction of the Alter House 1.0. Other than that, the stuff was bad. At the end of August I screwed up. I was used to saying this crazy stuff in the all chat, and getting away with it. I said a very inappropriate comment, and I was muted. Now, I WAS PISSED. Not even kidding. I made a staff report, and got muted 3 more times. Honestly, I wouldn't be where I am without this occurrence. Other than that, I started the construction of 'Club Alter', which is actually still here today. It's inactive though.

The forum
    Now, that muting on my end shook me up. It changed me, it made me learn my ways..for the most part. I almost forgot, I had an old friend by the name of KingdomNetwork (Don't know if you guys know who he is or not). I helped him out with his streams on the server, and I actually got muted once for advertising it. I didn't get as mad as I did with the other mute, but it still hurt me a little. At that time, I had basically quit the forum except for reporting players. Fast forward to December of 2015, I still was the king of Creative1. It's just, I was going through a rough time. I had a lot on my mind, and was finally coming to the conclusion that I screwed up. A ton. I was depressed, and started writing about how I felt. Some of my friends realized that I was right with the fact that the ranks at the time, were crazy. One of them, Kenzie I think, she told me that I should go for staff. I told her I'm not like that, but inside I felt like I could do it. I had the thought of applying until January.

Staff application.
    After talking it over with my friends that I still had left, I came to the conclusion that I would apply for staff. I think I inspired some of them, as they applied close to the same time I did. Before I even applied, I thought it was going to be easy. I knew that I'm a 'semi-good' writer, so I thought I'd have the job in the bag. I spent multiple hours on my application, and submitted it, and that's when I changed. I totally forgot why I aplied in the first place. It was because I was that one guy who was real around the place (no pun intended for my ign), and I took things seriously. I wanted to make a difference, but I forgot that. y mind was consumed by the applying process, as I kept seeing the view count go higher and higher. At first, I wanted staff because I thought it was going to be easy. It wasn't, and that's what started my addiction to this place. All the time I would act like some I wasn't, to show the team that I'm a good applicant. I also thought of the application process of a contest, to see who could get it or not, I got jealous whenever I saw some accepted members, even though I tried to hide it. The staff thing made me change, it made me change the way I didn't want to. I forgot who I was, I started to drift away from Creative1, and change. I still remember some of my friends telling me that I've changed. Along with my thinking of this as a competition, I started to hold grudges against people, because I thought they were trying to show me up. I got to be honest, I still tend to 'hold grudges' today because I'm addicted to this place. I'm trying to beat it, limit my time, but until then my thinking will probably stay close to the same. I'm still trying to remember who I am, not a bot like applicant who only wants the job for the recognition.

Present day.
    I recently made a thread about what I said I was going to do. I said that I was going to try to limit my time here, and eventually leave. I'm doubting that I'm going to leave, as I'm really addicted to this place. My time on this forum will hopefully go down, as fast as it can. So much stress and anxiety and depression that I went through, it came from this place. That's part of the reason I want to limit my time here. Other than that, the staff app is not the most important thing on my mind. I'm starting to worry about school more, and baseball. And trust me, I needed to start that as soon as I could. I still talk to most of my friends today, and I even started construction on a new roleplay (when I have the time to).

Well, that's my story.
    I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me throughout the way, because I really appreciate it.
    Have a fantastic day! :D

2. Darkstorm77

Darkstorm77 Former M.od+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Darkstorm77
    What the heck Smg.
    You tagged me but I didn't get an alert.
    [​IMG]

3. blok

blok Donator

Interesting story mate. I have seen you around, but I don't play on Creative and I mainly stick to SG when I am on.

Smg likes this.
  4. Chaps

Chaps pretty not good. Donator

Minecraft:
    Chaappss
    Oh my god I'm one of your best friends? TBH I didn't think you liked me that much. Apparently you do.
    D'aw I feel special ouo
    Anyways, I read all of that. Although I do miss those alter ego roleplays (not the immature parts) I do know where you're coming at. I've changed a lot since September and some of it for better and some for worse. And I don't know where I was going with that so uhhh yeah .-.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Smg likes this.
  5. KokichiOma

KokichiOma Ultimate Supreme Leader Donator

Minecraft:
    Unprepossessing (MappyTurtle)
    Being honest Smg, you've improved a lot since our "fun time" back way way.
    You've matured tenfold, especially bringing yourself out to apologise, and it's been great.

I'm not going to comment on the Staff Application part, as I don't really have anything to say and it's not entirely my business, however I can say good luck \o/

Hold your past close but don't let it affect you negatively.

TreeKillerMan, Smg and Chaps like this.
  6. SweetTooth

SweetTooth 01010000 01111001 01110010 01101111

My server Story:
    I join everyone ignores me
    2-4 hours later leaving without being noticed.
    Best Server Story Ever.

blamecoopa and Smg like this.
  7. Chaps

Chaps pretty not good. Donator

Minecraft:
    Chaappss
    IM RIGHT HERE
    I'm your friend ;n;

Smg, CaptainJackValdy and SweetTooth like this.
  8. BlakeSenpai

BlakeSenpai ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Minecraft:
    Dankyrie
    I may have told you this but me and Smg both were not big fans of you we were friends and still are. And now I see why you were so strict.

But me and Smg went through some bad and good times and learning that we can't be too mature or too immature. And another relation I've applied for staff and it's been making me check back numerous times but I'm going to try and get through it.

Smg and KokichiOma like this.
  9. Jags3124

Jags3124

Go on and be nice and have fun people will respond!

Well written! Good story enjoyed reading it!

haha

Agreed the best part of this is that you recognized the problem and decided to fix it.. props to you :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016
    Smg likes this.
  10. AzulMarino

AzulMarino Donator

claps

ZakMuir and Smg like this.
  11. blamecoopa

blamecoopa how did i get here? Donator

Minecraft:
    blamecoopa
    My Server Story:
    I come on in 2013...