Maybe an /immuted command?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fuseh, Apr 10, 2020.

1. 195O

195O Donator

I feel like players who get muted should have to face their punishment.
    Doesn't mean this is a bad idea though! =D

2. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    If a command does this, then we have to track the use of the command to make sure you can't use it to spam people with "Im muted" messages by using it repeatedly. Much easier to take @Amandq 's approach and just skip the command. If you message someone that is muted it simply tells you they are currently muted and may be unable to respond.

Why does this need to be a command?

3. 195O

195O Donator

Ezzerland I think it's a good command. They can have a cooldown on the command to prevent spamming. You wouldn't want someone to feel ignored when really the other person is just muted.

4. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    You can accomplish this without a command, as mentioned in my post and amandq's. So why does it have to be a command?

5. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    I think you missunderstood what Ezzerland meant.

Lets say you are muted, I message you but when I do it, I get an automated message which would look similar to this "Hypedron is currently muted and may not respond."

Thats atleast how I understood it

Ezzerland likes this.
  6. Chosen

Chosen Cool Mod+ Donator

Also, a lot of people just don't respond in general being muted or not muted just because they don't really care for messages.

7. Fuseh

Fuseh Donator

This does not Have to be a command. I am not stressing it that it needs to be a command. I am just simply suggesting it be a concept that is implemented. For example, I saw someone in here say that it could send an automated message to the person that messages the muted user. This does not have to be a command.

In addition, if you are complaining about the automated message being spammed in chat if the user were to type "/immuted", then this would go the same for everytime you message someone "www", "HTTP(s)" or ".com", etc. An automated message pops up, even if they spam those triggering words.

8. Ezzerland

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    You missed the messages prior to the one you quoted.

9. Cliqi

Cliqi

Sure, make it automated, I was suggesting that command as it seemed easier to make, and of course it can be abused, Just like spam messaging people or spam paying people, its not like taking the command /pay NosPvP 1 is gonna get removed, the player just gets warned/verbally warned, however if you see making it an automated message as an easier resort that works just as well. Anything that notifies the player who messaged you that you are muted is extremely useful

10. rosellavio

rosellavio THE ABSOLUTE COOLEST Donator

Minecraft:
    rosellavio
    +1
    I feel so rude being muted and not replying to people, lol
    Though Ezzerland is correct, it shouldn't be a command because people might abuse it. Just a little message that tells them that you're muted.

Soso likes this.