Maybe an /immuted command?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fuseh, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Fuseh

Fuseh Donator

So to everyone who has been muted for, I'm sure you've had to deal with the issue of people messaging you and you not being able to respond. The only way for you to actually respond to them is to add them as a friend. This is very inconvenient, especially if you have a full friends list. So the idea here is to add a command such as "/immuted" for example (seen on big servers like hypixel), which would send some sort of automated message to the person that tried to message you while you were muted. The message would read something like this:

"Hey! I'm currently muted and cannot reply to you."

Pros:
    - Do not need to add a lot of people as friends
    - Saves a lot of time

Cons:
    - Although this is almost unlikely, it could possibly reduce the income of the IJAH server by a little bit. This is because muted people might not want to purchase a larger friends list/an extension of friends on the store.

Tell me what you guys think! I think this would be quite efficient.

Your master,
    Fuseh

Bruhtrash, hellsent, 195O and 4 others like this.
  2. Voltwave

Voltwave Love Sosa Donator

Minecraft:
    Voltwave
  3. CertifiedScammer

CertifiedScammer

Minecraft:
    CertifiedScammer
  4. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    as a player who has never committed any kind of act that would need me to use this command, I would not use it. However, disruptive players to the community (not naming any names except Aiqw) would probably benefit.
    +1

Voltwave likes this.
  5. Spelez

Spelez

good idea

Voltwave likes this.
  6. 32x4

32x4 Donator

Good idea!

Voltwave likes this.
  7. Cliqi

Cliqi

Yo I’m down for this! Seems semi easy to do compared to other things, and as a player who is CURRENTLY muted I can test it!!!
    --- Post merged ---
    I’m muted rn and It’s so dam annoying my friends list is full ( I’m a very very good person with ALOTTT of friends!! ) and I can’t really tell anyone so I like spam my friend chat for my friends to tell that player I’m muted, and my friends like to twist my words around a lot and say things I DIDNT say... so +100 get this added within the next few hours, I’ll test it then!! (Uh I wanted to furthermore explain so I post this

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Voltwave likes this.
  8. Amandq

Amandq lil’ moderator Donator

Minecraft:
    Amandq | Amanda
    Hmm, I don’t think a command? But maybe if someone tries to message you it could come up with “this player is currently muted and may not be able to respond back.”

Jordan, Soso, JustVapinq and 4 others like this.
  9. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    I dont get muted but +1 :)

Soso likes this.
  10. Cliqi

Cliqi

In my opinion should be a command where it simulates /r “I’m currently Muted” (or something along those lines)

Amandq likes this.
  11. JustVapinq

JustVapinq Donator

Minecraft:
    JustVapinq
    Yeah or something like "JustVapinq is currently muted and may not reply"

Soso and Amandq like this.
  12. Cliqi

Cliqi

That seems like a slightly more complicated thing to code, but Ezzerland is smart. ‍♂️

Soso likes this.
  13. CertifiedScammer

CertifiedScammer

Minecraft:
    CertifiedScammer
    Idk about actually being able to type the message since you’d be muted and it’d be hard for everyone to find out about it, I just rather stick to the automated message OR if you don’t want that to be seen you could do /togglemute for something
    --- Post merged ---
    I don’t see how this is complicated, though I don’t know much about coding Minecraft server and the bunch I have to say that implementing something like this could be done, I’m not saying it is easy or is hard again I don’t know but if you are recommending that you should type the “I’m currently muted” that might be a little hard, id rather have players stick to an automated message that can be toggled on or off

14. Cliqi

Cliqi

Again, that’d be more complicated to do for an automated message when someone messages you? Plus for example when someone messages you sometimes a way to communicate is by them saying “Jump if you’re muted” or something, and then they’ll ask questions like “Wanna trade? Jump for Yes crouch for no” but if it’s automated then it just keeps spamming them every time you try to communicate with that message, that’s why I think the command should be like /immuted (/r I’m currently Muted)

CertifiedScammer likes this.
  15. CertifiedScammer

CertifiedScammer

Minecraft:
    CertifiedScammer
    I agree with what you say, but who’s saying the muted player can’t see the messages sent? Again not sure how complicated this gets, but have the muted player view the message, but also have a message sent back instantly that tells them he/she is muted, and with this you could be able to toggle this message on or off if you don’t want player for whatever reason to know you’re muted.

16. Cliqi

Cliqi

I see where you’re coming from, but the easiest way to do it would be to do what I say, /immuted (/r I’m Currently Muted)

17. CertifiedScammer

CertifiedScammer

Minecraft:
    CertifiedScammer
    So what you’re saying is when you do this command which I prefer it be “/r Immuted” will send the other user a message tells them you are currently muted in some better way? Is this what you mean?

18. Cliqi

Cliqi

No it doesn’t say why, all it does is when you type /immuted that command makes it type “/r I’m Muted” simple as that, and Incase someone is afraid it will be abused put a 5-10 second cooldown, honestly I could prolly figure out how to do it

19. yankeenoah

yankeenoah Donator

Minecraft:
    CensoredAnime
    +1

Soso likes this.
  20. CertifiedScammer

CertifiedScammer

Minecraft:
    CertifiedScammer
    i see what you are saying now and i agree this can also help in ever scenario, tbh any way of notifying the other player no matter how it is, is extremely helpful