Life Story

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Rob

Rob Donator

Minecraft:
    unpay
    Well, everyone has been doing them so, why not make one? Before you read, I want you all to know, meaning the 6 people that are going to maybe read it that, I am not trying to get attention whatsoever. I just want to share my feelings for the first time with this community. I believe that I am comfortable enough to share others my life story and what has happened to me before and during the time I've been apart of the J&H community. I also apologize for my horrible grammar ;-;

So first off, people might know this or not but, I am adopted. Just a simple start. I am pretty sure my original parents were not even in high school yet when they had me. I'm pretty sure that they were just not ready to have a child yet since they were still young. Also, I was born in Latvia, Europe. You can click on the spoiler if you have no idea where it is.
    [​IMG]

I've lived there for the first 9 years of my life and it was just simply amazing. I met amazing friends from different countries and everything was going well. I still remember in 1st grade, a new boy named Oliver walked into our class. My teacher told him to sit down next to me and I could obviously tell he was nervous. I was told to introduce myself and shake his hand. Ever since that moment when we shook hands, we became amazing friends. We hung out almost all the time and we were very close, until summer came in 3rd grade. My parents had told me that we are going to be moving to Boston, MA a week after school ended. We would be staying in the hotel that my dad worked in for the whole week instead of staying in our apartment. I now knew that, I will not be able to see my friends for a very long time. (It was 6 years before I saw Oliver again). All of my friends and relatives came day after day to say their goodbye's, and it was heartbreaking. Friday, our last day at the hotel, Oliver visited for a short time. I don't remember the conversations we had but, the last thing I remember was him crying as I closed the hotel door. We might have been friends for a very short time but, our friendship was different. Then the next day, I was off to Boston.

image (7).jpeg image (8).jpeg

Boston was much more different than Latvia. It was much busier and much more dangerous than I ever thought it was. I had to adapt to the new city lifestyles. People yelling at you for getting in their way, car horns going off every once in a while. So much different. But now, it was the time to look for schools that I could go to. My family and I found the perfect fit for me. This school taught me all of the positive things about the world and how everything is wonderful if we all came together and connected. This school was too restricting for me. 5th and 6th grade were the hardest two years of my life. I'm not going to explain all of it but, let's just say that my "teacher" wasn't so kind. He would accuse me for everything that went wrong, he would embarrass me in front of the whole class if I did something incorrect. It was just awful and I absolutely hated it. After I graduated from 6th grade, I remember throwing all of my textbooks away that I had to use so I could get rid of the memories. Then, there was middle school. To be honest, middle school was a lot of fun for me. I met great friends and did well in school. Until I 8th grade, where I had to take these very long tests in order to get into a good high school in Boston. I studied day after day and I really wanted to get into the best schools. But a week before the test, I was diagnosed with some sort of learning disorder. It was hard for me to organize my thoughts and to process them. Stress was going to overcome me and I panicked about the huge test. And guess what, it really did take over me. I did not get accepted into the highest level high schools because of my stress. Now, we had to make another move to Vermont, where we hoped I could get into a good high school. So, once again, I had to leave all of my Bostonian friends behind, and deal with getting new ones.

I thought that people in Vermont were going to be relatively similar to those in Boston. I was completely wrong. Everyone is very polite and kind to one another and I knew that this was the place for me. Everyone was very open to me and accepted for who I was as a person. High school is going to be a breeze, I thought. Not. My stress was exploding through the roof and I panicked all the time. I was afraid that my learning disability was going to take me over again and I would ultimately fail high school in an instant. Geometry wasn't the best class for me during Freshman year (9th grade). I got C's in three out of the four quarters which wasn't that great. The loads of work increased and increased as the year went on and I was getting more and more stressed by the day. The thing is, the work load wasn't the only thing that was making me stressed. Dealing with my parents after I come home from school was starting to be an issue. We would have fights frequently and I would be severely punished in an instant. No matter what I do, was apparently wrong to them. I understand they are trying to help but, I did not quite accept the ways they went about things.

I started to spend a little bit more time on the J&H forums and started to make friends on here. Talking to them always made my day and they can always make me smile. Then, my parents knew about these people that I would talk to on a daily basis. They believed that these people that I would talk to were just some complete strangers that would come and kidnap me. I completely disagreed with their ideas on my friends and started to punish me much more after that. If they saw me talking with anyone from the community, severe consequences came after that. They just didn't quite understand the fact how these people that I have met through this community help me when I am dealing through tough situations. Once again, they would not believe me in any way, shape, or form. More punishments came along but I still wanted to talk with these people. I've even told my friends things my parents don't even know. It took me a lot of time to think about it but, I am bi. I would never have the guts to tell my parents that without hyperventilating. I've thought about this for at least a year, or even longer by chance. I just want people to still think that I am still the regular Robert. I hope you, this amazing community, will understand.

And now, I am a sophomore. It was a much easier start than it was freshman year, but it meant more work. Once again, the stress was coming back and it was stronger than ever before. More fights would occur at home and I started becoming afraid of being at home. I just didn't want to deal with all of the yelling and threats all over again. Hitting me was also their new tactic of getting my attention if I wasn't doing something right. I'm used to all of it now but I definitely had to go talk to someone about this. I went to the guidance counselors at school to talk about the things that I have been dealing with and how I should solve these problems. I also went to the doctors office to make sure I was alright. At least three weeks ago, they had told me that I had an anxiety disorder. I thought that this was the worst thing that could ever happen to me. Everything was just going to collapse and I would have no where to go. But I realized that being sad about it won't do anything. I might have two disorders now but that won't stop me. I need to stay positive as much as I can and smile as much as I can. My smile might look fake at some points but that's okay.

Thank you for reading this! I feel better now after I shared this with everyone. I am happy for all of the friends that I have made here and I hope our connections grow. Also, if anyone thinks that I am doing this to get attention, I won't be quite happy about it.
    @SaraBB - Thank you for your amazing attitude and for listening to my stories that I tell you all the time. I can always come to you first before I reveal anything. ^-^
    @Joseph10003 & @Zackery - You are both very inspiring people and I don't know what I would do if you weren't here. I would probably not even tell anyone about anything that's going on right now. Thank you.
    @jennur ; @Sarahhh ; @kathrine0009 ; @Juley ; @Odi - You guys are my closest friends here and I don't do without you. You always make me laugh and we share great stories with each other. You are all really positive and I wish we can all meet some day because that would be truly amazing.

Thank you so much!

maymay, Blossom, Joseph10003 and 12 others like this.
  2. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    All I can say is, Damn. I really hope you are alright man, I couldent relate to you, in any way.

Know also that, I really enjoy others life stories, as long as they are not seeking attention. You are obviously not.

You know child abuse is illegal in the U.S right? It is in most countries, expecially Europe and the Americas. They could really get in trouble for that, but I do not think you would do that to your parents, but yet again, if you are afraid to even live at home, that is enough to get law enforcement involved all by itself. But that is your choice, not mine. PM me if you have any more questions about that, I could help more.

Zackery and Rob like this.
  3. Zackery

Zackery Donator

Minecraft:
    Zackeryy
    Robert, that really does suck.. I moved many cities and school, having to lose friends, and make new ones. I've been to 5 highschools in the past 4 years.. which is hard. I really hope everything is cleared up.. and hope you're doing great now.
    And thankyou! I'm glad I can inspire people in some way. Appreciate it!

TreeKillerMan, Juley, Sakujo and 2 others like this.
  4. Disphxrial

Disphxrial Donator

Minecraft:
    Disphxrial
    Robert, I'm so proud of you for sharing this with everyone. The fact that you're bi doesn't change a thing. You are still the same funny, nice, caring Robert I know. It will stay that way. I value our friendship (and many other frinedships) more than a lot of things. I don't know where I'd be without you. As for the abuse, moving to different places, leaving your old friends, and getting diagnosed with two disorders portion, I'm so incredibly sorry that you have to go through with it. You shouldn't have to deal with something like that. I wish I could do something, but I'm on the other side of the screen :/ As you know, you can always come to me for anything. I'll always be here for you. No matter what. Just PM me at any time. cx You piece of leaf.

Juley, Rob and KaiserVenom like this.
  5. jennur

jennur Donator

i love you Robert!! im always here for you n shizzle . i love being on ts with you because we always seem to laugh at the stupidest stuff, but it also makes me happy knowing i have you by my side (-:

Rob likes this.
  6. Juley

Juley

I am very proud of you for sharing this with everyone, rob. I know it must be hard to tell everyone on the J&H forums your life story. I will always be by your side through everything and I want you to know that. Also, you being bisexual should not be a problem for anyone because that doesn't change your personality, it doesn't change who you really are. Do not be scared to come to me or anyone else when you need advice, help, etc.

Disphxrial likes this.