KitPvP...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Embracive, Apr 14, 2018.

?

Should something be done about diamond armoured people teaming?

1. Yes!

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No!

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Embracive

Embracive Former Мod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Embracive
    Hello,

so I've seen quite a few people complain about this issue and I have to say, I can't disagree with them. What's the issue you may be wondering? Well, it is diamond armour. Now, before everybody jumps to conclusions, I am not saying in anyway at all that having diamond armour is bad; what seems to be happening is that diamond armoured people are tending to team up with other diamond armours only to camp out at the spawn, where people drop.

Now, this may cause a HUGE issue, because as new players will tend to join the network, they obviously want to work their way up in kit. This can be very difficult for them to do, because they are pretty much getting one-hit KO by all these diamonds. This ultimately leads to two things; number one, toxicity is created by this, seeing as people hate being killed over and over again, having no chance to fight back, and number two; the player count is just going to keep decreasing over time.

Players, such as myself, are kinda limited and pretty much forced to team with others to even have a chance at staying alive; teaming itself isn't the issue however, it is diamond armoured people who team.

My solution is to limit how powerful people can make their diamond armour and weapons; it gives other players a better chance to successfully play KitPvP.

An idea by a friend of mine, @JustStrafingPvP , had the idea of limiting teaming by allowing users to create 'clans' of roughly 2-4 people; this can limit the amount of teamers.

A change needs to happen for the better.

- 103ms

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    LizzieTheSober, Left4Lag and Negree like this.
  2. Left4Lag

Left4Lag Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Left4Lag
    what if kitpvp had a bunch of kits with cool abilities and you get money from killing people and use that to buy more kits, then it's all fair and everyone is happy (except for tryhard kids who want to dominate everyone else cause they have better gear xdxd).
    I doubt this will happen anytime soon (if ever) so i'll give my opinion on how kit is now.

With this map, while it is "better for pvp" as people say, there isn't much to do besides camp spawn and wait for people to drop. Teaming is always going to be there, especially for diamond people (cause nobody wants to have real fights and lose their gear they just want to farm normies lol). On other maps there were places to run around to and multiple directions to drop from, which made it easier for people to actually get out there and fight while this spawn only has one way out, so camping and "farming" is much easier.

I don't know of any solutions that'll make everyone happy, though whatever is done people will still find something to complain about.

Whatever happens, hopefully it's for the better and not worse.

Negree and Embracive like this.
  3. Stroof

Stroof Donator

I agree, ik it sounds not like “kitpvp” then but the teaming problem makes the game unplayable and everyone will just quit eventually as they cant do anything by being camped by diamond tryhards. So i agree with the clans idea and i think the limit should be 2-3 and teaming outside of your clan is like a week ban or something. This is will help get rid of teamers as max is 2-3 people

tence3000, Embracive and Left4Lag like this.
  4. Negree

Negree Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Infest | Negree
    My experience with the new reset has been pretty poor so far, given that there is only one way to leave spawn and there are always 15 people in diamond armor camping and waiting to kill you when you jump down. Not much else to say as I agree with everything said above, and I believe that something should be changed.

tence3000 and Embracive like this.
  5. bren

bren Donator

Minecraft:
    InTrouble
    I disagree, it's not people who have diamond armor's fault that you don't and it's also not their problem, just let the community as a whole have fun.

Bruhtrash and LizzieTheSober like this.
  6. Negree

Negree Resigned Donator

Minecraft:
    Infest | Negree
    by "let the community as a whole have fun", do you mean the same 10 people in diamond armor killing everyone, because I can assure you that not many people are having fun

RulerofMobs, Odilon and tence3000 like this.
  7. bren

bren Donator

Minecraft:
    InTrouble
    I was just saying, I know it's bad about the diamond armor situation, but you can't just limit items.

They've already limited str, gaps, poison, and some enchants on swords, what would buffing more things do to the community? Just make them leave? Is that what we really want here?

I just feel like I have to voice my concerns for people quitting because the diamond community makes up most of the more active players on KitPvP and I believe they shouldn't just buff it.

8. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    funny how everyone wanted map 1 back so badly just a few months back, now we give you something similar and you complain.

link: www.itsjerryandharry.com/threads/113306/

not only that, a lot of you wanted the exact Kits from Map 1 back which would have made the diamond camping problem even worse..

then you have some people still screaming to this day for gapple pvp, which would make diamond players even more unkillable than they already are...

just goes to show time and time again: the community doesn't know what they want

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  9. bren

bren Donator

Minecraft:
    InTrouble
    If you're trying to say I was screaming for gapple pvp, I wasn't, I'm just trying to make a point as to why enchants shouldn't be buffed.

10. Embracive

Embracive Former Мod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    Embracive
    Guys guys, let's all chill!

11. bren

bren Donator

Minecraft:
    InTrouble
    I'm sorry if I was coming off hostile to anyone.

I'll try to tone it down a bit.

12. Rendal

Rendal

Hey man, bright colors on white is a nono.

Spawn in the sky and remove bow boosting, easy

13. bren

bren Donator

Minecraft:
    InTrouble
    Sorry but mine is black, <3

14. Timyus

Timyus The KitPvP Guy Donator

Minecraft:
    Timyus
    you kidding me? all kitpvp needs is to go back to map2 or 3 and remove leaves, grass, sugar canes, annoying fences and lily pads then remove the duel maps that aren’t flat

DID I SEE SOMEONE SAY REMOVE PUNCH2 BOW? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH YOUR CHROMOSOMES AND UNTIL YOU FIX THIS PLEASE DONT POST ON THE FORUMS AGAIN. I APPRECIATE AND LOVE YOU. THANK YOU

15. Rendal

Rendal

bow boosting is almost as bad as u :oops:

16. Bruhtrash

Bruhtrash I play the bass Donator

Minecraft:
    MrHakenRock
    Teaming is allowed on KitPvP and those players earned their armor, there's nothing you can do about armor and the use of it. We can't BAN for teaming and getting rid of diamond armor is absurd.
    Disagreed.

17. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    Teaming should be solved now with the teleport map.
    If people are still upset with the results I've made a base for a center spawn on the map (like map2), but will only continue working on it if people still want that?

Bruhtrash likes this.
  18. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Nothing will be done to stop people from creating teams. Something has been done to make it possible for people to fight teams. This should help this situation, but that's likely as far as this goes for now.