[KitPvP] A Challenge System?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Siere, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    Okay, so this idea just randomly popped up in my head that could make kit a little more balanced to players who can't buy keys or get the crate drop.

A reward system, involving challenges like dealing damage to players in diamond armor, catching an amount of a certain type of fish (ex: catch 10 pufferfish), capture outpost, kill a certain amount of players, get a certain amount of assists, etc. could be implemented in the game to provide another incentive to KitPvP and also give more of a chance to people who don't want to buy crate keys. (kind of similar to fortnite challenges)

Each challenge would have different tiers, and I was thinking that an example of tier 1 of the challenge [Deal damage to players in diamond armor] would be to deal 25 hearts to players in diamond armor - once you complete it you get a crate key after death or that will respawn in your inventory when you die. Once done with tier 1, the next step of that challenge (these are all optional btw, just a way for players to get crate keys and have a chance at getting rare items that us diamonds have) could be deal 50 more hearts to players in diamond armor, or something like that and would be rewarded with 2 crate keys. There would be tiers like this for all of the challenges I listed and would be a great opportunity to give new players/irons/people who don't want to spend money on crate keys to get a chance at obtaining items that are exclusively in crates.

Having a variety of challenges would also bring another reason for players to play KitPvP. While the main aspect of the gamemode is to get kills, there would also be an incentive to complete these challenges. Sometimes I find myself going to farmking for no reason whatsoever other than trying to get crate keys, even though the gamemode means nothing to me. This could be the same case for lots of players, and if more players are playing the gamemode more frequently, new players will see a little bit of activity in the server and will be inclined to stay.

Let me know your ideas of other challenges/suggestions related to this below, I think it would be a great system to add to give people who don't want to buy keys a little more of a chance.

2. Unknowable

Unknowable

3. Recopied

Recopied Donator

this is a good idea tbh, but will be pretty hard to code

Sir_Matigames_YT likes this.
  4. VividIllusion

VividIllusion circumcisers/VividIllusion

+1 but first manage to get the staff to be bothered to code all this

5. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    I belive they code the same thing I'm talking about in farming, this would probs be harder though

6. SrSinon

SrSinon Sociopath Donator

Minecraft:
    SrSinon
    They open more than one account and get the rewards, which leads the kitpvp to a bad state. Both the number of people who buy from the site decreases, and it will be a bad situation for beginners.

Villager shop may be cheaper, which makes it easier to get the keys. If such an arrangement comes, there will be no problems in the progress of the game.

7. Alperen_

Alperen_ Donator

Minecraft:
    Alperen_
  8. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    They're still working to get the rewards, you can do the same thing in farmking and the gamemode is the most popular on the server.

It's not like a monthly kit where people can go on 10 alts and get it on every account, you actually have to work for these rewards and the rewards aren't even huge, it's just for players to have more of a chance at stuff like punch 2, unbreaking, god apps and such.

How will this be a bad situation for beginners? They will have a great opportunity to do challenges to get chances at the best items in the game, doesn't seem like a problem to me. Especially doesn't sound like a problem to me when all of them are complaining about not being able to do something due to diamonds like myself constantly farming them in warzone. This suggestion is all for them and the non diamond players.

There won't be less purchases from the site, more players coming means more of a chance for a few of those players to buy items such as kits or ranks if they enjoy the server.

9. SrSinon

Minecraft:
    SrSinon
    If a coding based on waiting is done, there will be no problem. However, if it is made based on collecting items like skyblock, big problems will arise.

Skyblock is having these problems right now. There is no problem with farmking because, as I said, the task system there is based on waiting.

The problem with using multiple accounts will make everyone very strong. This is a big problem for beginners. We know kitpvp is full of toxic players.

But as I said, if the system will prevent duplication. It will not be a problem.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  10. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    Challenges aren't based around collecting items, only thing I said remotely close to that is catching items from fishing.

These problems are small reward simple challenges that wont take a long time to complete, but I've made sure the ones I've listed aren't based around collecting items, but instead doing things like dealing damage and catching fish or securing outpost so rich players couldn't go on alts and have unlimited keys from giving their alts stuff.

The challenges I listed are also very easy for beginners to complete, they can capture outpost when kit doesn't have many players on, drop down multiple times to do 3 hearts of damage to a diamond every time they drop, fishing from spawn is easy.

Toxic players have nothing to do with this system.

11. SrSinon

Minecraft:
    SrSinon
    Anyway i don't want to explain to you what the indirect way is. I'm just against acting without thinking. Every task or challenge to be added needs to be examined in detail. A tiny vulnerability on the server can put everything into a bad orbit but it is still a much easier and faster method to make the shop cheaper. These are all my thoughts. I mostly agree with your opinion.

Staffs will do what is necessary, I just don't want it to be like skyblock.

Ezzerland likes this.
  12. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    I'd had a similar idea a couple years ago, except on a bit more broad spectrum of having a challenges system on every server to encourage players to spend more time on the server. The idea was to reward the players with coins and let those coins be redeemable on each game mode so that you could, for example, achieve accomplishments in OITC and then use those rewards to benefit you on kitpvp. Maybe not a big benefit, but a perk no less.

The problem back then was that the players getting those rewards were the players already playing the game and it just wasn't seen as beneficial. It didn't improve the quality of game because after redeeming your reward in kit you still died seconds after you stepped out and lost it and you felt your work was wasted.

tldr; I think it's not a bad idea, but kit has bigger issues needing addressed before this might even be beneficial to consider. I still also think it would be better a network wide idea instead of per game. idk, might need some thought and refining.

13. 195O

195O Donator

Yes, I agree! Especially on the part about making it more balanced for people who can't buy keys. Plus, as you said, it would be a fun addition that has the potential to bring more players. I agree with this idea!

14. CertifiedScammer

CertifiedScammer

Minecraft:
    CertifiedScammer
    +1

195O likes this.
  15. Legendary

Legendary Donator

+1 Awesome idea
    --- Post merged ---
    I think this idea has great potential but the only problem i can see so far is that players can grind challenges off their friends, for example "deal damage to diamond players" they can have their friend jump in diamond and have them health pot when they're low and easily complete challenges. Although this will become progressively more difficult if there are lots of people playing and there is no opportunity to farm kills or grind challenges off friends, other than that, i think the challenges idea is great and will make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  16. antichill

antichill Donator

Minecraft:
    zomes
    Seems like a good idea but also a lot of work for a server that had 60 players online a day ago. Good ideas, needs refining, and let’s make sure it’s worth it first because this is a big thing.