#IsraelIsBurning

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by TheMint, Nov 24, 2016.

1. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Interesting weather: strong winds. What can possibly go wrong in Israel?
    Today, multiple wildfires erupted all over the country, burning homes, cities and causing chaos.
    The media claims that these were arsons and not natural wildfires.
    My grandmother's home is gone - burned to the ground.
    Multiple countries are helping Israel take the fires out, including Greece, Turkey (a Muslim country) and more.

There isn't too much information out about everything yet. I've received messages in a few WhatsApp groups claiming that Palestinians started the fire (with offensive and racist remarks included). Now, it is possible that the fires were started by Palestinians but that's not what I care about. Obviously not all Palestinians think our (and their) cities should be burned, therefore it's idiotic to blame all of them.

I checked Twitter to see what people think. There were many supportive tweets which is great to see, but there were also...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Some of these idiots are legitimately praising their god for the fires, what the actual fuck?

All of these people disgust me, including the ones who blame all the Palestinians for the fires. What has this world become?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    jenn, Aiqw, TreeKillerMan and 22 others like this.
  2. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    Why would you want to see Israel burn?
    Some people are really messed up in the head. What if their country was burning. I'm sure they wouldn't like that either.

I am glad that there are also people who support Israel, because holy mother of god, this needs to stop.

Aiqw, retirednow, katlynn and 2 others like this.
  3. Joel

Joel Resigned

Minecraft:
    JoelSpanish
    Disgusting - All because of "religion", a belief that people would rather kill than see someone else not believing it. If only "religion" was not a thing, and there we're no tags ( no such thing as a black, no such thing as a white, everyone is a person, no different from another ). There would be no war, no destruction. Just peace.

4. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    stay safe & im sorry about your gma's home

TheMint likes this.
  5. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    Most wars are about land...

6. Joel

Joel Resigned

Minecraft:
    JoelSpanish
    I don't see many wars about land now adays. All about religion.

Kaylyn likes this.
  7. KaiserVenom

KaiserVenom Veteran Donator

Minecraft:
    KronprinzVenom
    < WW1 = High European tensions caused by the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

< WW2 = Nazi Germany declares war on Poland. (mainly for land, I believe)

< Korean War = American intervention to stop the spread of communism and unite Korea.

< Vietnam War = American intervention to stop the spread of communism and unite Vietnam.

(fast forward)

< Gulf War = Iraq invades Kuwait and America intervenes, a decisive victory for the latter. (an attempted land grab by Iraq)

< Iraq War = The Americans wished to dispose of Saddam Hussein.

< Syrian Civil War = Opposition to Bashar-Al-Assad turned violent, and the war is still being fought today.

<Israeli-Palestinian Conflict = Land.

back on topic please, this is about what @TheMint posted, and I will throw in my two cents later.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  8. ItsJerry

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    You should read more about what started the Israel-Palestine conflict then.

9. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    The Israeli-Palestinian mainly is about land.

10. TheMint

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I'd actually recommend reading about the conflict from a less biased source, just to get a realistic image of the situation instead of believing the Zionists are evil and that they torture innocent Palestinians in prison on a daily basis.

The Wikipedia article about the conflict is very detailed and it covers multiple subtopics including peace progress, history, background, refugees, security, violence from both sides and more.

11. Joel

Joel Resigned

Minecraft:
    JoelSpanish
    Thank you..

Adding to what I said, if no there were no tags, there wouldn't be Israeli's, Spaniards, British.. It's all tags, look back in the prehistoric days, they didn't fight one another, they worked together, a team.

When a baby is born they don't know what these labels are, they don't know what religions are they have no clue. Yet when they hear another baby cry, they do aswell. No matter if the other baby is black, white, asian, etc.. That shows something. ( From Prince EA )

Kaylyn and KaiserVenom like this.
  12. niaarchangel

niaarchangel Angelic VTuber Donator

Minecraft:
    niaarchangel
    The human mind is engineered to dislike anything that opposes itself, so as long as opinions differ and land exists, there will be war :I

I mean, even "banning" opinions doesn't work because people would revolt and conflict. So whether or not there are labels, conflict will STILL happen. Unless you can come up with technology that can prevent the human brain from conflict, war will still happen, regardless of religion, labels, etc.

13. ItsJerry

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    "It's all tags. If there were no tags, there wouldn't be Israelis. Babies don't know what tag they are."
    What is your point? What is the point in saying that it's all tags?

If you are a follower of Islam, then you call yourself a Muslim. If you were born in France, you call yourself French. Guess I'm not allowed to call myself a male from the Netherlands either because that's what causes wars right? Your logic makes no sense.

Also, you seem to think that all violence comes from having different "tags". Yet in every country worldwide, people kill other people of their own country, race, religion, etc. You think black people in the US are only being killed by white people? Wrong, more than 90% of black victims of homicide were black on black violence, same goes for white homicides.

You talk about "the prehistoric days" as if they were the good ol' days of peace. There was plenty of violence in the prehistoric days, but instead of small tribes fighting it turned into kingdoms, empires, and nations.

Majority of wars fought in history had nothing to do with race or religion, instead motivators were land or resources.

14. noahnoobfax

noahnoobfax Donator

Aside from the war going on in the comments section lol...

I have to say this. Prayers to all of those affected, and prayers to your grandmother. I hope the fires die out quickly, and that your grandmother has a chance to rebuild.

safoya299, TheMint and KaiserVenom like this.
  15. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Religion is just one of many excuses humans use to start wars. Wars aren't caused by religion, but rather, people using religion to rally support. Even if there was no religion, I'm sure we'd find more excuses to start wars.

Anyways, it is tragic this is happening, and I hope the people affected can rebuild.

16. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

All war is purely based off of Nationalism. Nationalism isn't a bad thing, it's just people jerk their gerk to much to their country and people get angsty and start fighting.
    Palestinian Nationalism vs Israeli Nationalism is the reason for the conflict right now.

KaiserVenom likes this.
  17. TheMint

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    Are you saying both sides are fighting just to prove they're better?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  18. Superfrog

Superfrog Donator

That is exactly correct. Both sides try to prove they're better, and correct and own the land they live on.
    Israeli Nationalism ( Ancestral Land ) vs Palestinian Nationalism ( We've lived here longer )
    It comes down to pride.

TheMint and KaiserVenom like this.
  19. Joeyy

Joeyy Silly Goose of the year 2022 Donator

Minecraft:
    jeowee
    I'll say my opinion and sound like an idiot:

There was quote from a Family Guy episode that I 100% believe is true:
    "This is the universe where no religion ever exists, thus humanity is 1000 years advanced."
    Sounds stupid, but if people blame the Palistinians for Mother Nature's other side, then bloody hell, show 'em that quote.

They think they're right, typical bigots.

Nature is nature.
    End of.

20. ChargedMerc

ChargedMerc no Donator

Minecraft:
    ChargedMerc
    This is the worst thing. It's worse than homophobia (no offense) because you're LITERALLY PRAISING GOD FOR SOMETHING HE DOESN'T WANT TO HAPPEN. These people, by the sole fact of enjoying Israel to burn, are already evil. They are disgusting. They are the ones who should burn because guess what? Israel didn't do crap (well, maybe some did, but not all of them.) and therefore I don't see why the hell you are happy about it. I am BEYOND disgusted.

InciteFear and TheMint like this.