Factions Revival

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Warrior_of_gods, Feb 10, 2022.

?

Do you want a factions revival on J&H?

1. Yes!

2. No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    Hey guys hope everyone is doing well. I have played on J&H for some time, and it is sad to see the server at an all-time low in players. I personally believe a lot of it has to do with the faction’s game being taken out, as well as no more kit resets. Since Mojang now has new rules for no payouts what interest would players have in playing factions? What new kind of rules or layouts would need to happen to spark your interest to play again? I think we can make factions fun again if we have a lot of input from players in the community as to what they want the new map to look like. Also, what kind of benefit they would get from winning the maps. Hopefully a lot of you have ideas on what a new fun season of factions would look like, and I hope you reply to this thread so we can see them. Thanks!

2. ItsJerry

ItsJerry DEAD SERVER!!! LMAO!!! Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsJerry
    every reset there are like 10 actual players, 100 alts, and everyone leaves after payout

now without payouts, who is gonna play

momand, Davey and samm like this.
  3. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    no payout no players

Davey likes this.
  4. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    Other servers have survived without the payout. Maybe resetting Kit more often and factions more often so that players will have a need to use the buycraft they win. If you reset kit and factions alternating, people will play.

5. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    buycraft they win from what?

6. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    Buycraft they win from being FTOP 1,2,3 or KitPvp KTop 1,2,3.

7. Siere

Siere Donator

Minecraft:
    Siere
    factions reset = waste of time

servers gonna be shutdown within a year

samm likes this.
  8. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    If they’re going to do it they just need to. Instead of updating Creative and Parkour. Update things people will play. Then you might have some players..

9. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    you're braindead if you think there's ANY way to get players to come back for factions or other gamemodes for that matter

but creative and parkour actually have a reason to be updated atm if it isnt too much work for them, so why not?

10. Ezzerland

Ezzerland Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    Ezzerland
    Oh, you mean a payout?

/facepalm

11. Gabbe0O

Gabbe0O

It's true the server is dead but there is a lot of things servers have done to prevent this! Change factions make it unique like every other server add leaderboards back and make it easier to get sets to pvp. If the server is shutting down in a year ig there is no point after all though.

Warrior_of_gods likes this.
  12. Buck

Buck Moderator | Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    oBuck
    Been saying this for a while, instead of bringing back factions, bring back peaceful survival.
    But at the end of the day, I don't think either would be popular for long.

sool, Davey, Haruld and 5 others like this.
  13. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    Doesn’t matter. I guess if @Ezzerland is done then what he says goes. Too bad he couldn't have been removed a long time ago. Best wishes everyone!

14. Trevor

Trevor Donator

if you want to play factions just go on another server? what's the point in playing here anyways lol

15. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    J&H factions used to be really fun. Even in the last map I played which was the 2nd to last update for factions, it was still really fun. We had 3 major factions fighting for Ftop but it was still competitive. I don’t understand why parkour, creative, and sky blocks can be updated but factions is taken away when it still makes up a bunch of the community. In the previous comment someone mentioned that “only 10 people play factions” but this server literally has 13 active players and the other 37 are AFK. You have a chance to bring back some activity to this server @Ezzerland, @ItsHarry and possibly a little bit of money from it. I don’t understand why you would rather not change anything and let it all die instead of trying to do something to make money and bring back activity. Mean no disrespect in these comments, thanks for hearing me out.
    --- Post merged ---
    I mean buycraft payout for winning yes. No other incentive for anyone to play especially when kit doesn’t ever get reset.

16. Buck

Buck Moderator | Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    oBuck
    Which is exactly why Creative is updating (today in fact), as well as our other minigames which frequently reset and update. Factions was in fact a few players with dozens of alts making it seem more popular. Survival would be much better anyways, would be far less toxic and allow players to play MC as you would with friends and without being competative.

There has been so many suggestions like this one to 'revive the server' or 'bring more players in' but a lot of the time, the suggested ideas wouldn't be logical. If factions came back it would be somewhat popular for a few days then go back to being sub 10 players.

I think we all want the server to do better player count wise. But there are better ways to go about it, this Creative update being one of them, implimenting new and unique ideas to a pretty standard vanilla gamemode, it's very intriguing and I'm sure there will be more updates like this serverwide. Creative will be much more different than most other servers' Creative, but bringing back Factions would be just like every other Factions server.

Warrior_of_gods likes this.
  17. Trevor

Trevor Donator

you literally can't have payouts anymore, that's why factions was removed
    --- Post merged ---
    hype!!!!

18. samm

samm saint Donator

Minecraft:
    CantBreathe
    i dont understand how theres ppl this slow

Username likes this.
  19. momand

momand ex-god Donator

simply play on another factions server

sool likes this.
  20. Warrior_of_gods

Warrior_of_gods

Minecraft:
    Literul
    Thank you for the useful comment. I see your point. This thread was only made as a discussion but was took as an insult by many people.. Was only trying to start the conversation about it. Seems like it is clear which direction the server wants to head and I hope for the best @Ezzerland @ItsHarry @ItsJerry.