Edits

Discussion in 'Creation Showcase' started by thesaber903, May 4, 2023.

1. thesaber903

thesaber903 Mabelen / Editor Donator

I have posted my edits before in 2021 with my old anime edits (thankfully, I don't do those anymore + nor am interested in anime in general) but I wanted to show you my recent ones.

In early 2022, I moved to Alight Motion from CapCut. CapCut is more for beginners with pre-made transitions, Alight Motion is basically "you have to do everything yourself lol good luck" to put it simply. AM was HARD, but after a few months, I eventually got the hang of it. There are some departments in the program that I don't have enough knowledge about or don't know at all but after a year and a quarter of using AM, I can say that I'm probably in the intermediate/advanced level but not too advanced.

My editing style is more a simple but detailed kind of style, I dislike those aesthetic edits where they move transitions constantly, especially if the genre is supposed to be sad. I have tried a few of those "aesthetic" edits myself and I can confirm that I dislike them intensely, too fast and too colourful. The only con about my style is that I tend to use an effect (I can't explain what it is) that makes dark scenes darker which I am trying to fix but I seem to forget to do that... Every time.

Enough rambling, here are the recent edits I made.

(clicking on the link to see the edits in fullscreen is recommended <3)

(fun fact: thomas sanders himself saw the second edit!! it was 4 am when he commented and he could've chosen any other time smh)

Turrtles likes this.