Are you in a relationship?

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by TheMint, Jun 29, 2020.

Tags:
?

I am

1. Single

61.7%
  2. Taken

38.3%
  1. TheMint

TheMint Former Mod+ Donator

Minecraft:
    TheMint
    I was wondering

Diffracting, Rob, dinoceros and 4 others like this.
  2. Trevor

Trevor Donator

we don't hang out with each other as much as we used to, but we still consider ourselves in a relationship

3. dinoceros

dinoceros Donator

Lol

Username likes this.
  4. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

Man, I forgot when I was last loved by someone.

retirednow and Trevor like this.
  5. Trevor

Trevor Donator

I love you as a friend.

sool likes this.
  6. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

[​IMG]

Trevor likes this.
  7. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Sadly not, and have never had one. Just the life of a socially awkward introvert boy I guess :/

I do hope one day to find that special someone for me - someone I can connect with, someone I love not just because of how they look on the outside but who they are as a person on the inside. Someone who gets and likes me for me, and someone I can confidently say I feel the same way about. It's one of my goals in life to find that certain someone, to settle down with them and ultimately have a family of my own.

sool and Trevor like this.
  8. SLVSHPANDA

SLVSHPANDA Custom Title Donator

Minecraft:
    DiviXion
    Based on your profile, it says you're 18 so I assume you're graduating from school or graduated recently. Real life begins once you're out of school, and believe it not, I do think it's easier to find that someone once you're in your early 20s. You're still young so you shouldn't stress too much about not being a relationship yet because it's much more important to work on yourself before you're truly ready to commit, plus there's so much to the world that you should explore before committing yourself.

This mindset is super pure; I love it. Although, I hate to break it to you now but reality is, I feel our generation has shifted a lot in terms of relationships and what they look for. Finding someone just as pure will be like a needle in a haystack, but they do exist. Best of luck finding that someone, and I hope you do grow from your future experiences.

Also, I'm single lmfao but it's nearly time to jump back in with quarantines being lifted :))))

aveliss, Smg and sool like this.
  9. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    Yes, since november 25, 2017 and we're also engaged since november 25, 2019 ^_^
    Planning to get married on february 22 (my birthday), 2022 :D

10. hamnah

hamnah Hannah Donator

Minecraft:
    hamnahx
    Ahh omg congrats Dest!!

Also I recently got out of a year-long relationship that was kinda toxic so it’s refreshing to be single rn lol

sool and Dest like this.
  11. Trevor

Trevor Donator

2/22/22
    I'm sensing your favorite number is 2

Dest likes this.
  12. Dest

Dest Mod+ | Twitch Streamer | Perler Beads Artist Staff Member Mod+

Minecraft:
    Destination666
    No, not really, but I am specific when it comes to numbers. He wants to marry when he is 25 (he turns 26 in march), I turn 25 on 22-02-2022. We got together and got engaged on the 25th. We will also most likely give the party on the 25th, so yeah :P

safoya299, Ancienty, hamnah and 3 others like this.
  13. sool

sool ‎ ‎ Donator

Better save me a slice of cake cuz I'm coming :D

Dest likes this.
  14. Smg

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Thanks for the kind words; and yes, I did just graduate (from high-school). I know I'm still super young but a part of me feels discouraged because I have friends my age who are/have been in relationships, but I also see and understand the toll that comes with being with someone like that. I do hope it'll be easier for me to find people, to meet new people aside from the many I've been going to school with for the better half of my life.

I hate that our generation has shifted from that mindset, too. I really do. I'm one of the few kids my age who feels this way, I think, which is kinda sad

sool likes this.
  15. Emma

Emma >:) Ex MΟD Donator

Hell yeah ive been with the loml for over 3 years now!
    I met him at 15 and were now 19 and moving in together in September !
    It gets better yk

safoya299, TheMint and sool like this.
  16. Starixty

Starixty Donator

it's pretty complicated.

i started dating this boy from my school on november 9th, 2019. before quarantine happened we were living our best lives! then quarantine happened.

at first we were talking a lot, literally almost everyday, and then we didn't. i don't know why but quarantine made me lose feelings for him in a way? he's stale and bad at holding conversations and when we're on the phone and talking, i realize that we don't really have that much in common like i thought we did in the beginning. i've tried so hard to reconnect with him so many times but i can't do it, and i think it's best if i let him go but i don't no how to do it without it being super awkward and stuff. i'm scared of breaking his heart. i was his first girlfriend and he was so hyped when we figured out we had feelings for each other and i'll just feel like an asshole if i break up with him.

(also he's going away for college and i can't do long distance relationships for the life of me)

so that's my life in a nutshell

safoya299, Disphxrial, Rob and 3 others like this.
  17. Smg

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    I obviously have no experience whatsoever but if I were ever in such a situation like yours (and let's imagine for a second in an alternate reality that I am the boy on the receiving end), as much as it would pain me to take and bear, I'd want to know the truth. Yes, it would hurt, sting most likely, but I'd rather know sooner that my partner doesn't feel the same way rather than spending more time pouring my heart out to this person who doesn't share the same feelings. In my case, I'd prefer to be told it to my face, tho that's probably unlikely because of the pandemic.

It'd defo be a great growing and learning experience for the both of you, too.

And, say you do break it off with this boy, if he truly likes you and cares about you, he should want you to be happy above nothing else. And if you being happy means no longer being with him, then that's a burden he needs to wear.

Starixty likes this.
  18. House

House Supreme Donator

Minecraft:
    HouseX
    You should just be honest about what you feel, and if that person cares about you, he will understand and let you go.

One thing I'd like to point out tho, is that if you really love a person, and consider her/him to be the one you want to stay with, you shouldn't just shove long-distance relationships off :/

dinoceros, Starixty and Rob like this.
  19. Rob

Rob Donator

Minecraft:
    unpay
    My boyfriend and I have been together for almost half a year now and I'm really glad we've been pristine with our communication throughout this pandemic. It has been quite difficult a number of times because of the fact that we couldn't see each other, and we've had to have a lot of tough conversations about what the future might hold for us, due to the fact that my boyfriend just graduated college and is starting a job real soon, while I'm still in school. We're playing it by ear but I've never felt this way about anyone, ever, and I don't want this feeling to ever go away and neither does he. We are keeping our heads high and I'm actually going to be seeing him tomorrow!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    keremalguul, House, Dest and 6 others like this.
  20. Starixty

Starixty Donator

It's not that I'm shoving it off, it's just that I KNOW I can't do it. I've been in plenty long distance relationships and I know the struggle of actually making them work. Also, if we can barely talk over quarantine, how would we actually communicate in a long distance relationship? IDK i'm just confused

My main point here is, I'd be willing to try it. But with the current state our relationship is in, I don't think it'll work out. I also don't want to drag myself into something that I might not be committed to.

House, Rob and Disphxrial like this.