Presidential race as its primaries come to an end.

Discussion in 'General Discussion / Real life stuff' started by LaColeman, May 4, 2016.

?

Who do you support now?

1. Donald Trump

16.9%
  2. Hillary Clinton

8.5%
  3. John Kasich

3.4%
  4. Bernie Sanders

42.4%
  5. Nobody

28.8%
  1. LaColeman

LaColeman Leaving (INAL)

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    Just recently, Ted Cruz has dropped out of the race. This basically means that from here on out, Donald Trump will pretty much receive every single delegate. You can say that John Kasich will help prevent Trump, but he's pretty useless as of now. So officially, Trump is the nominee because he will make the 1,237 easily.

On the democratic side, it has already been made official a few months ago that Hillary Clinton is the nominee, because she is way ahead of Bernie Sanders in both super delegates and regular delegates, not to mention that she is only a couple hundred delegates away from the required amount.

Comment your opinions on here. What do you think about all of this.

2. MC_Scout

MC_Scout Fearless Leader Staff Member Manager

Minecraft:
    MC_Scout
    Trump does not have the needed delegates to clinch the nomination, YET. So he is not officially the nominee.

3. Braixen

Braixen The Gay <*w*> Donator

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    Are you kidding? Hillary is not the nominee yet. Is it very possible? Yes. But it's not impossible that Bernie becomes the nominee aswell. Delagates need to show up to the convention, and super delagates haven't voted yet. And, if we look back on previous elections, super delagates tend to switch to whoever has the most delagates. Ofcourse, that's when both candidates are already bribed by corporations and are establishment, so I'm curious to see how they will react if Bernie goes on another winning streak and gets more delagates than Hillary. Please don't mask unofficial things as official, as that's a really underhanded and scumbag thing to do, and really hurts your credibility.

Also, not counting superdelagates, Bernie isn't even 200 delagates behind Hillary, so he's got a huge chance of this becoming a contested convention on the left.

Katy_ likes this.
  4. motocicletar1

motocicletar1 Helper+ | Biker Donator

Minecraft:
    motocicletar1
    Can I vote for a potato? Because all the candidates suck.

SinisterBucky, Radii and jessie like this.
  5. Burrito

Burrito Hot Burrito

Minecraft:
    Qudah
    [​IMG]
    basically

Nessa, jennur, Katerina and 9 others like this.
  6. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Hilary only needs 178 delegates of the 1,159 still available, and according to you less then 200 delegates is not a lot. Sorry to say but its over for Bernie.

LaColeman likes this.
  7. Braixen

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    You would think, but you got Cali and Washington State up for grabs, which are both huge lib states, which we have seen Bernie CRUSH in. From what I've seen though, if the rest of the delegates are split in Bernies favor 65-35, Bernie overthrows Hillary. So while Bernie getting the nomination is improbable, it isn't impossible, so don't dismiss him just yet(Especially with a possible Hillary indictment).

Katy_ and ANumber2Pencil like this.
  8. LaColeman

LaColeman Leaving (INAL)

Minecraft:
    LaColeman/SeahawksFan12
    Welp, Kasich dropped out, so yeah Trump is officially the nominee because from here on out he will get EVERY SINGLE delegate left.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Whizzer and SinisterBucky like this.
  9. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    You are right, it inst impossible but by the current standings it is highly unlikely that he will win. It's a shame as she is a liar but even Fox News and Donald Trump have said she will be going against him. Good news is at least it's another democratic president for the next 4 years

Braixen likes this.
  10. Braixen

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    Hopefully. Trump won't be easy, and if Hillary goes full shit-mode in the GE and keeps calling Trump a sexist, Trump will win. Trump has been doing a "Trial & Error" system with attacks on Hillary, and the ones that work, he will slam hard on her, and really break The DNC's back. The best thing to happen in the next few weeks is that Hillary get's Indicted, and room for a real lib, with an authentic and stable track record, is made.

SinisterBucky likes this.
  11. SinisterBucky

SinisterBucky Exemplary Gaming Co-Founder and GM Donator

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    I'm disappointed that Kasich dropped out, but happy Ted Cruz is gone. I would rather have Trump than Cruz.

As for the Democrats, I wished that Bloomberg and/or Biden joined the race when they had a chance. :/

EDIT:
    This counts the superdelegates. If new revelations about Hillary arise, I think many of them will jump ship and swim to Bernie. Then again, Bernie is more likely to lose to Trump in the general election... :/

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Braixen likes this.
  12. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    I would have loved Joe! I wish he did because now we have a terrible selection. Also side note #dropouthillary is trending on Twitter....

Braixen and SinisterBucky like this.
  13. Braixen

Minecraft:
    JadeTheManedWolf
    #dropouthillary? I would expect #IndictHillaryAlready.

Also another great candidate I would've loved myself was Elizabeth Warren. Thankfully though, Sanders has hinted in having her as his VP. Wooo! #SandersAndWarren!!!

Katy_ likes this.
  14. vipa

vipa the hornace of death Donator

Had Mitt Romney been in the race, he would've won the Republican race, fair and square. It also saddens me that George Bush Jr. can be considered more experienced than most of the candidates who ran in the elections, except probably Sanders.

Braixen and SinisterBucky like this.
  15. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    While I agree with the second part of what you said, I doubt Mitt Romney would have won. The reason Trump won was because people were angry and wanted an outsider to disrupt the system. I don't think those people understand the concept of unintended consequences, but that's beside the point. Mitt Romney is not an outsider. He was the governor of Massachusetts and has been involved in politics for many years. I think it's a shame, though. He had a positive impact on Massachusetts, especially in education.

Braixen and vipa like this.
  16. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    I'm sorry but don't really understand why everyone in this community is obsessed with Bernie Sanders. Trump and Bernie are the textbook definitions of Demagogues and if either of them were to be elected nothing they promise will become true. Bernie wont make colleges free, and the minimum wage wont double. Just like how Trump wont build a wall or ban Muslim entry into the country. They may try but congress and the senate wont pass anything they claim will happen. That's the only good thing about Hillary, that she is realistic. Besides if Bernie's promises actually did happen then we would fall into an even greater debt and our economy would tank, unemployment would double and we would experience mass inflation. Sure Bernie is good for social Issues but same with Hillary. I agree that she is terrible because of how much she has lied and what not but at least she wouldn't ruin America forever.

Radii, vipa and SinisterBucky like this.
  17. YFIOTR

YFIOTR Donator

Minecraft:
    YFIOTR
    It's not that they don't see what you see. It's just that they can be obsessed with whoever they please (clearly) whether they are a good candidate or not in others' eyes (or realistically).

Radii, Braixen and SinisterBucky like this.
  18. SinisterBucky

Minecraft:
    _Bucky
    That's actually a pretty fair assessment.
    Not to mention how unrealistic Trump's tariff and tax policies are. 45% tariff? Bullshit, that will tank our economy. Flat taxes at around 10%? Bullshit, the government needs money. This is why I hate it when Trump supporters call Bernie supporters unrealistic.
    At this point, the government has sunk itself into debt. When in doubt, they can make paper money and taxes and extend bond periods. Debt isn't as relevant as some of the other issues.
    I'm curious, did you do research on this? I am not super skeptical but I would like to see the research you've done if you have.
    Amen. Trump isn't that bad with social issues either, and that's why I prefer him taking the Republican nomination over "family values" Cruz.
    Do we have concrete evidence that she lied? I'm pretty sure all we know is she was involved in a scandal somehow and it is pretty fishy. I could be wrong...

19. ANumber2Pencil

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    We cant just make paper money, that causes inflation and our currency will decrease in value.

Sorry I shouldn't have said that so literally. I said it would double as an exaggeration to the job loss raising the minimum wage would cause. Obviously I forgot that emotions don't translate over text. Anyways, to sort of answer your question, the increase of minimum wage would require large companies such as fast food joints and super center stores such as Target and Walmart to pay their employees double what they are now. That said these companies have a budget and in order to comply with their current budget they would need to fire many of their employees to spend the same amount of money they originally were on workers. I hope that makes sense?

SinisterBucky likes this.
  20. safoya299

safoya299 Donator

Minecraft:
    safoya299
    #feelthebern

Katy_ and Miner like this.