Factions Reset!

Discussion in 'News' started by ItsHarry, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsHarry

ItsHarry Owner Staff Member Owner

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Factions reset!
    Bringing back the old-school Factions experience!

[​IMG]

After the last two iterations of Factions, many players wanted to see a more old-school IJAH Factions experience. For this reset, we tried to revive the feel of the old Factions server, while adding new features on top that will make playing Factions more enjoyable!

What is new?
    • New event: KOTH! Read below for more details.
    • New command: /ftop ! Use this command to see the top factions based on its members' total in-game balance. Climb your way up the ladder to become the wealthiest Faction!
    • New spawn inspired by the old-school Factions spawn of two resets ago. The spawn is elongated and compact, with less unnecessary empty space. Spawn was built by the Build Team
    • The shop and economy have been restored as well. Mycelium and nether wart are now the main sources of income, making it much harder to acquire higher-tiered items.
    • The ability to mine mob spawners has been removed. Players who bought this perk will now be able to use the /f setwarp command, which allows you to set warps for your entire Faction.
    • End world is disabled, meaning it is impossible to go to the End.
    • Wither block damage is completely disabled. However, withers will still deal damage to entities.
    • World border radius has been made smaller to 10,000 blocks in each direction in the Overworld, and 5,000 blocks in the Nether.
    • Friendly relations have been limited to 5 allies and 5 truces per Faction, which encourages less camping and more fighting.
    • Maximum number of members per Faction is now limited to 25.
    • Protection IV, Sharpness V, Unbreaking III, Power V, Punch II and Knockback enchanted books have been removed from villagers.
    • The Knockback enchant can no longer be obtained normally. It can only be obtained by winning KOTH or opening crates.
    • Players' Faction names are now displayed in front of their usernames in both the tablist and above players' heads. The prefix uses the same coloring scheme as the chat (member = green, ally = purple, enemy = red, etc.)
    • Online members in your Faction are now shown on the right-hand side of the screen. The number behind each player corresponds to their current Faction power.
    • The /repair command now costs $100 in-game money per item repaired.
    • CombatTag timer changed from 10 seconds to 20 seconds.
    • Explosions can now damage obsidian even when covered by water/lava. Obsidian blocks protected by liquid will take 0.5x reduced damage compared to exposed obsidian.
    • Crates have been added to Factions. These crates can be found in the spawn and can only be opened by right-clicking them while holding a crate key. These crates contain rare and unobtainable items such as god-tier enchanted books, ghast eggs and more! Crate Keys can be purchased from our store.
    New Factions event: King Of The Hill
    Capture the zone and win amazing loot!

[​IMG]

King Of The Hill or KOTH is an event that runs 5 times per week at set times. The Faction that is able to capture the zone and hold it for 5 uninterrupted minutes will win $5000 in-game money, 2 extra faction power, and 5 KOTH Crate Keys! These keys can be used to open KOTH crates in the spawn, with a chance to win rare and unobtainable loot!

There are 4 beautifully designed arenas all located in the WarZone. Each KOTH is held at a different arena, the chosen arena will be announced 30 minutes before the next KOTH starts. Use /koth list to see the list of arenas and their coordinates.

Use the /koth schedule command to see the exact schedule, and an exact countdown until the next KOTH starts!

Just like the previous Factions reset, the donator kits will be disabled for the first week or so after the reset so that everyone has a fair start. Any additionally purchased Faction power will also be given back in the future.

Players that bought the "Mine Spawners" perk will receive access to the /f setwarp command. Use it to set warps for your entire Faction.

As usual, please post any bugs you find in the Report Bugs section on the forums.

-ItsJerryAndHarry Team

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. ThiccTurtles

ThiccTurtles Builder Donator

Minecraft:
    Cheezi
    YYYesss, this spawn is smaller, but better
    maybe i'll actually play now

kedio and ItsJerry like this.
  3. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Thanks for the new Update (Didn't see that coming)

4. Lethalities

Lethalities Donator

Minecraft:
    Lethalities
  5. TreeKillerMan

TreeKillerMan shamone Donator

Minecraft:
    TreeKillerMan
    Some great features and updates there. I don't really play factions, but this might inspire me to start playing. Thanks for the update!

ItsHarry likes this.
  6. Smg

Smg Retired | Also known as 'Phaithful' Donator

Minecraft:
    Phaithful_
    Looks amazing; just want to thank all who put effort into it. <3

Jacob_ likes this.
  7. Jacob_

Jacob_ Donator

This looks amazing!

Thanks to everyone who helped!

8. Jakt

Jakt Former Mod+ |questionable | Donator

Looks amazing, lovin' it already, thanks for making this update.

9. YuMaD_PRO_

YuMaD_PRO_ OUTLAWS YuMaD_PRo

mod+ should play too so in case of /report they always right there !

10. tence3000

tence3000 Donator

Minecraft:
    tence3000
    I know you have to deal with everyone's problems but can I suggest that the times of moth are either altered or more of them are added as otherwise most people can only attend one KOTH battle a week if not none. I still haven't fully looked at everything within the new update but will come back as soon as I do.

11. momand

momand ex-god Donator

Hey, that's pretty good

12. Curiouspiggy

Curiouspiggy

Love it but kinda annoyed about obsidian and knock back. Nonetheless, keep up the good work guys! :D

13. ANumber2Pencil

ANumber2Pencil Resigned ______________________________________ Donator

Minecraft:
    ANumber2Pencil
    Does that mean Cobblestone covered in water will explode if hit by tnt?

14. Lars

Lars FadKidsUnited

Minecraft:
    ItsLarsa
    You guys really made it hardcore again ! I really like the new features and for now there aren't any bugs or glitches (FOR NOW). I really appreciate that the warzone is similar to the first one. Just want to say good job, for now. We will see how it is going to be in 5 weeks.

PS: just a question factions resets every 6 month now ?

tence3000 and ItsHarry like this.
  15. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    We have not decided yet when we will reset Factions again, it depends on how long this one will stay relevant

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    tence3000 and Darkstorm77 like this.
  16. ItsWilly

ItsWilly Ex Co-Owner Donator

Minecraft:
    MrDeathWilliam
    UPDATE TO KOTH:

The faction that is able to capture the zone and hold it for 5 uninterrupted minutes is now rewarded with $5000 in-game money, 2 extra faction power, and 5 KOTH Crate Keys!

17. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    Even better ;)

Is there harder caps like 10 minute caps? 5 Minutes seems to easy maybe

safoya299 likes this.
  18. VenemousAssassin

VenemousAssassin SyxPlayz

Minecraft:
    SyxPlayz
    PLZ ADD BACK THE ABILITY TO MINE SPAWNERS!!!!!

19. Bilbo

Bilbo Donator

Minecraft:
    CORNUH
    I disagree, that ruined factions. This map is about really trying hard for your money, not letting your grinder work for you

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    tence3000, kedio, Nessa and 1 other person like this.
  20. ItsHarry

Minecraft:
    ItsHarry
    Block lag issues in Factions will be fixed ASAP

Kaizerroooll and tence3000 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.